Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
March 28, 2024, 11:42:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

Lag = More Realistic

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lag = More Realistic  (Read 524 times)
OhioLawyer
Administrator
WU Master

Clan: The Fatal Five

Romans 5:8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2010, 09:31:15 pm »

well I am talking a shotgun, the muzzle velocity is decent, but since I am shooting bird shot instead of a single bullet, the velocity drops considerably as soon as the shot leaves the wad.

Plus, a lot of the "leading" of the shots is because people have a tendency to stop the swinging movement of the gun.  If you swing through your shots, you will have to lead less.

And again, this is limited to shotties.  A sniper is very different, however because of the great distances, the leading is a much different calculation.

But I have shot a deer on a dead sprint with a .357 handgun at about 50 yards, and you certainly have to lead that shot substantially as well.
Report Spam   Logged

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
OhioLawyer
Administrator
WU Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2010, 09:33:45 pm »

oops, i guess i didn't really answer your question.  I think much of the shotgun shells I am shooting is around 1100-1300 feet per second muzzle velocity.

But at like 100 yards or so, it has slowed down enough to not even break the skin, if that tells you anything about the dramatic decelleration.

p.s. please keep in mind this is like a size 7 or smaller bird shot.  obviously the larger the shot, the more distance it is deadly, and the less wind resistance slows it down.  So shooting 00 buck shot like in CoD, the shear mass of those pellets will slow down a lot less than say a size 9.  All of that must be factored in.
Report Spam   Logged

the KR3AT3R
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2010, 09:57:53 pm »

Birds and rabits move a lot faster than the avy soldier in CoD. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
OhioLawyer
Administrator
WU Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2010, 10:02:47 pm »

obviously.   Roll Eyes

(look i can roll my eyes too)

however, the physics remains the same.

Here, let's try it out.  You run in a path perpendicular from me and I'll shoot at you.  I'll lead my shot. 

I like my chances. Afro
Report Spam   Logged

OhioLawyer
Administrator
WU Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2010, 10:03:37 pm »

and FYI most birds and rabbits are travelling around 20-25 mph.  That really isn't grossly disproportionate to a human running at around 15-20 mph.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

the KR3AT3R
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2010, 10:10:36 pm »

Mex was talking about the game. The avy's in the game aren't moving as fast as a real human at top speed, especially when straffing. Most of the times you lag shoot in the game is when you or your enemy is straffing, right?  Unless you're sniping and you'll get a runner going perpendicular. Therefore, in real life if someone is straffing in close proximity to you, then why would you lag shoot just as much as in the game? 

Keep rollin those eyes, they might roll out of their sockets one day. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
OhioLawyer
Administrator
WU Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2010, 10:14:51 pm »

nah I rarely get into a strafe fight in this game.  that is a bad idea given how fast the guns kill.  I was talking about people running perpendicular to you on a sprint.

and once again, the main point was just that you DO have to lead shots in real life.  Obviously the leading because of lag is much farther than real life at most distances, but that isn't the point.  On other consoles if a guy is running perpendicular to you you still aim right at them.  And I sit there and watch those vids and am like "that shot would've been behind them in real life."

So mex does have at least some point about leading your shots, even though neither console has it right.
Report Spam   Logged

the KR3AT3R
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2010, 10:20:47 pm »

You forgot to roll your eyes. Angry

And yes, you saw my point in comparing real life to lag. Not the same, and not close.

Also, on BF2 I'm strictly sniper since day one, and I can attest that you do in fact have to lag shoot. Wink
Report Spam   Logged
WarMarine
WHAT
WU Smash Yo Face

Xbox Live: xWarMarine

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2010, 02:01:48 pm »

Why don't I see people teleporting around while moving in real life? 

LMAO!
Report Spam   Logged

how the hell is kechua?
IT DONT MATTER IF YOU fruity OR STRAIGHT CUZ IN THE END IM THE FLYEST GANGSTA
I am Turboweasle, and you're my problem.
WarMarine
WHAT
WU Smash Yo Face

Xbox Live: xWarMarine

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2010, 02:44:25 pm »

I still dont lnow how to lag shoot... Angry

What? How the **** do you play this game then?
Report Spam   Logged

how the hell is kechua?
IT DONT MATTER IF YOU fruity OR STRAIGHT CUZ IN THE END IM THE FLYEST GANGSTA
I am Turboweasle, and you're my problem.
Joker
WU Guru

PSN: oDUBSTEPo

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2010, 02:53:31 pm »

Also, on BF2 I'm strictly sniper since day one, and I can attest that you do in fact have to lag shoot. Wink

Leading your shots = Lag shooting?  No.  Plus, I've seen some videos on BC2 and some sniping, those maps are huge and you're a loooooong ass way from the enemy too.  MWR = quick scoping you're still 'leading your shots 2 feet'

If you were 5 feet in front of your enemy, and you were leading your shots, that's lag shooting.
Report Spam   Logged
Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

PSN: Turboweasle

Turboweasle: everyone's favorite speedy rodent

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2010, 11:49:24 pm »

This thread is a pitiful attempt to disguise a flaw of Wii online gaming as something intentional and preferable.  Bleh.

Also, shooting a bird/rabbit running at even 20/25 MPH is greatly different than shooting a human running at even 10 MPH.  I believe the fastest human was able to run 17 MPH at his fastest.  Think about the fact that an average US grunt is carrying nearly 100 lbs in gear (usually not counting the gun) and you would have to be shooting at The Flash in order to justify leading your shots at close range.
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
Anti-Noob Fortress of Veteraness Council Member
~Turboweasle~

I NEVER squeeze my jubblies, so that stuff wouldn't work for me.
OhioLawyer
Administrator
WU Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2010, 07:55:15 am »

^ Missed the point.  It wasn't really an attempt to justify lag so much as complain about the LACK of leading shots in most games.  We all know lag is ridiculous and a pain and is unrealistic.  But it does feel natural to a shooter to actually lead your shots, so it isn't such a huge jump to make from real life shooting to lag shooting.  That is all.
Report Spam   Logged

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

PSN: Turboweasle

Turboweasle: everyone's favorite speedy rodent

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2010, 09:47:25 am »

I didn't miss the point at all.  I know that you're saying what you just explained; however, Mex isn't saying the exact same thing.

He's an unashamed Wii fanboy.  Knowing that, it is fair to extrapolate that he is trying to justify the presence of lag (and all lag at that, simply because he didn't make distinctions between CQC and distance shooting) as being "more realistic" when that isn't the case in every instance.

For what you're saying, I would agree; in fact, BC2 is the only game where one must lead one's target realistically.  Here's the catch, though: It's intended.

Had all you Wii owners played MW on the PS360, you wouldn't have led your shots at all.  That is a pitfall of the CoD franchise.  My opinion is that it's silly to act as if an unintended and largely unrealistic game mechanic is preferable to the alternative, which is an unrealistic, intended game mechanic.
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
Anti-Noob Fortress of Veteraness Council Member
~Turboweasle~

I NEVER squeeze my jubblies, so that stuff wouldn't work for me.
OhioLawyer
Administrator
WU Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2010, 10:50:05 am »

I agree completely with your post. Afro
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print