Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
April 19, 2024, 06:11:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

Picked this game up (...and how gamesharing works)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Picked this game up (...and how gamesharing works)  (Read 296 times)
Cadillak
Global Moderator
WU Guru

PSN: lakkus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 02:42:13 pm »

lol! no, I don't know if I ever used that one. like I said, I download a lot of stuff and never actually use it. I have like 20 themes dl'd, lol.

I'm using the Playstation theme that changes all the time and shows stuff like the PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, etc...

there's a ton of cool stuff on the PS Store if you just poke around for a while. lot's and lot's of videos, pics, music, games, themes, avatars, DLC, etc... all for free. tons more if you use PS+
Report Spam   Logged
hoop_210
WU Smash Yo Face

Clan: SATX
PSN: hoop_210

We are fawking animals...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 03:54:57 pm »

dammit!...I need to poke around for that stuff...

soooo...you can share 5 times total?...
or with 5 people over and over again... Huh?

where is more information about all thsi stuff?
Report Spam   Logged

Cadillak
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 04:17:38 pm »

you can share your account with 5 other accounts on multiple PS3's

once you've logged in on 5 PSN's, then you can't do it again

you can download and redownload as much as you want for as long as you want. it's like you have a PS3 at 2-5 houses and want to be able to log in and play on the same PSN and have all the same downloads and DLC on each system... your just allowing others to use your 4 extra gameshares

once again, if you gameshare all 5 times you WILL NOT be able to do it again. so, if your PS3 dies and you've already used up your gameshares, you're screwed.
Report Spam   Logged
hoop_210
WU Smash Yo Face

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 04:40:48 pm »

soooo, when someone else used my DLC for BLOPS, like, first strike for my friend in Denver, will he get to download the DLC as well and use it when we play together?

how would i tell him to do it?
Report Spam   Logged

gefish
WU Combatant

PSN: gefish

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2011, 09:00:53 pm »

I missed this thread. I didn't know Castle Crashers was free on +, there went $15  Angry

Finished single player today and it was awesome. We'll need to posse up and wreck some kids.
Report Spam   Logged
Cadillak
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 09:16:21 pm »

soooo, when someone else used my DLC for BLOPS, like, first strike for my friend in Denver, will he get to download the DLC as well and use it when we play together?

if you two gameshare, only one has to buy the DLC and you can both download it on your PS3's and play it like you both paid for it. one person buys, then everyone you gameshare with can use it.

I missed this thread. I didn't know Castle Crashers was free on +, there went $15  Angry

Finished single player today and it was awesome. We'll need to posse up and wreck some kids.

I don't think Castle Crashers is free. Dave said he bought it and would let me dl it from him.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Joker
WU Guru

PSN: oDUBSTEPo

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, 09:46:34 pm »

Joker's poast count is 1337  Cool

It's so 1337, it doesn't move after I post.   Shocked

I played Online...and It's a joke.  I'll be sticking to campaign for now.   Afro
Report Spam   Logged
Joker
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 03:27:17 pm »

if you two gameshare, only one has to buy the DLC and you can both download it on your PS3's and play it like you both paid for it. one person buys, then everyone you gameshare with can use it.

Yeah that's what ownu911 let me do.  He let me download all the map packs for all the CoD's.   Afro  Saved me a TON of money.  Each map pack is like $20 and I downloaded about 6 of them.   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Cadillak
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2011, 04:50:29 pm »

now, you can log into his account (as long as you have the correct login info) any time in the future and download anything he has paid for.

and, if the person who let's you use their account is a PS+ member, you get all those perks too (discounts, free games, etc...)
Report Spam   Logged
Permanent Poopface
Founding Member
WU Guru

Clan: vT

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 05:23:40 pm »

I don't know why it does it and when it does it but if you download playstation plus stuff and your not a plus member, the game will work for so many days ( to my knowledge its many many days, can't give an exact number) but then you will one day go to load the game up and it will tell you something about game is no longer available and you need to sign into the playstation network , now I don't know if this has to do with time, how many people logged into that account or what but my best guess is Lakkus maybe you let didn't renew plus for a month or so? because this happened to me with the plus games you gave to me along time ago but I didn't even say anything to you or ask about it at the time, but when i recently got onto your account I got those games again and they work again, so who knows?
Report Spam   Logged

hoop_210
WU Smash Yo Face

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 06:28:05 pm »

Yeah that's what ownu911 let me do.  He let me download all the map packs for all the CoD's.   Afro  Saved me a TON of money.  Each map pack is like $20 and I downloaded about 6 of them.   Smiley

Nice, i will defianatly figure out how to do it with him...
Report Spam   Logged

Permanent Poopface
Founding Member
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 06:41:42 pm »

main thing you want to remember is go into your account info and delete your credit card info, even though the people I share with I obviously trust its just a no-brainer IMO, you can also change your password before you do it and then after the gameshare is done you can change it back, also once you started downloading things from there account, you can log off , you don't need to stay signed in to there account to complete downloads, after i'm done getting what i need I will log into my main account and you'll see the stuff there downloading.

you were kind of wondering how you do it , well I will make it simple for you.

make a new user, switch to that user

go to the " sign up for the psn " icon

click on the " use exsisting account "

enter your friends log in info

go to playstation store

either click on the download history or just search for the stuff you want and then download.

like i said before once the download or downloads begin you can log out of your friends account so that they can log back in if they want and then you can switch back to your main account.
Report Spam   Logged

Joker
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 11:09:43 pm »

Lakkus/Dave:  What if ownu buys a $40 game from the PSS?  Can I still download it?

Wait,this works for PS +?   Shocked Shocked Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Permanent Poopface
Founding Member
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 11:27:20 pm »

short answer yes.

long answer if its a plus game it will only work for you for as long as OwnU is a plus member (this I believe from experience but my theory is just speculation until i talk to Lak about it )
Report Spam   Logged

Permanent Poopface
Founding Member
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 11:29:51 pm »

and Joker I think your a cool cat and wouldn't mind gamesharing with you I just have one thing in the back of my mind i remember people putting some extra moh accounts on here for people to use and they were getting deleted and everybody pointed the fingers at you and donovin or however you spelled his name
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: