Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
April 18, 2024, 10:17:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

Good Race Thread

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Race Thread  (Read 354 times)
Cadillak
Global Moderator
WU Guru

PSN: lakkus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2012, 10:03:01 pm »

dude, just go to gt5-tuning.com and use a tune someone else has already figured out. that's what I usually do. there are even some pretty in depth tutorials on how to tune the cars on that site.

I don't know if I'll be able to play again tonight but I'll hit you up if I do.

Also, if there is a specific car you like, I can set it up for you and send it to you ready to go. Just send me a message on PSN or GT and let me konw.
Report Spam   Logged
Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

Clan: Dragon Boys

Maldita mi duda fue fatal.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2012, 10:56:45 pm »

nah, i actually find it fun to figure it out on my own. i already have a bit of an understanding of what there is to adjust and how it all impacts performance, but it's still kind of a learning thing for me. I kinda know what everything should do but I never learned how to adjust things to get the best performance for a specific aplication.

i already got my mazda up to a pretty good suspension setting actually and i find it pretty fun to experiment. i just wish there was a way to do it on the fly rather than to quit out of the race and go back to the tuning menu.
Report Spam   Logged

Alumar
Time Out Corner
WU Recruit

PSN: AlumarXTEC
Xbox Live: AlumarXTEC

My name is Alumar and I'm an ass hole

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2012, 03:11:00 am »

I got pretty good at tuning cars in GT5, but then I started playing Forza and now I forgot the settings for GT5 lolz.
Report Spam   Logged
Cadillak
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2012, 09:19:21 am »

You can adjust a few things while driving, but not the suspension.  Angry
Report Spam   Logged
Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2012, 09:50:53 am »

yeah that's exacly what i mean, you'd think they would have a way to do free runs with your mates and have on screen adjustment menus that you could just switch up on the fly, drive a bit and adjust as necessary.

i wonder if there's like a gt5 community manager that we can spam on facebook and twitter and all that ****. i'd make an account on those sites just to spam that person until we got our way.
Report Spam   Logged

Cadillak
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2012, 09:07:43 pm »

lol, you would just one of the millions of voices that have been yelling at Polyphony Digital for the last decade.

PD is famous for being slow to listen to the fans of the game.

There are probably more sites set up to complain about this than there are to be constructive, lol. Just go look at the replies you get from disgruntled neck beards on the GT5 gamefaqs board.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Alumar
Time Out Corner
WU Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2012, 11:07:54 pm »

It's funny how they took 5 years developing something that's still rough around the edges.
Report Spam   Logged
Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2012, 11:08:31 pm »

for real? well, gt5 DID take like a million years to be released so i guess it does kinda make sense. not really a good idea though. i mean, i've read that forza 4 made a huge jump in quality from forza 3 in a shorter amount of time and it actually plays better than gt5 does. i think they can do a little bit better job pleasing fans and do it a little faster before people start to jump ship over to forza/xbox. 

speaking of which, they're already working on gt6 right?
Report Spam   Logged

Alumar
Time Out Corner
WU Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2012, 11:13:41 pm »

I've owned both and although Forza does feel like the better game (better AI, better cars, better career mode, tuning and better online), it's lacking in the important stuff like the physics and graphics. Forza just feels cartoonish. 
Report Spam   Logged
Cadillak
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2012, 09:42:19 am »

Yes, they are working on gt6... but who facking knows when it will actually be released.

And what Alumar said seems to be the general consensus. GT is the better simulator, Forza is the better game.

For me, gt is fine. I would like some of the features in Forza, but the physics is the most important thing for me. I can literally feel every bump in the road, when the tires are about to lose grip, when the wind is affecting my velocity, etc... I don't care that I can't put stickers on my car.
Report Spam   Logged
Alumar
Time Out Corner
WU Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2012, 01:01:27 pm »

Also on GT5 aerodynamics play a greater role and feel more realistic. On Forza aerodynamics are easy to predic which is not how they work in real life. In GT5 you have no idea how far you can push with aero until you try.
Report Spam   Logged
Cadillak
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2012, 12:02:37 am »

yeah, it's really apparent when racing Nascar or a really high speed, long track. If you lose your slipstream, you will not be able to catch up and are facked.

I really wish PD would have made GT5 better when it released, but I feel that they were pushed to release by Sony before they wanted to... which is totally understandable considering they had worked on the damn game for like 5 years. I think the game is much better after all the updates, but I can't wait to see if they step their game up with GT6.

I'm about to get online I think, so if anyone wants to join hit me up.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: