Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
March 29, 2024, 01:46:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

I Know Who Has My Vote

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Know Who Has My Vote  (Read 2010 times)
dudedudedude for Moderator
WU Smash Yo Face

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 20, 2012, 12:35:59 am »

But is all murder bad?
Report Spam   Logged
Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

PSN: Turboweasle

Turboweasle: everyone's favorite speedy rodent

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 20, 2012, 12:39:31 am »

And see, I'd be okay with those two being put in a locked room with an angry bull.  They destroyed someone.
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
Anti-Noob Fortress of Veteraness Council Member
~Turboweasle~

I NEVER squeeze my jubblies, so that stuff wouldn't work for me.
lightspeed_champion
Founding Member
WU Combatant

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 20, 2012, 03:32:32 am »

the only flaw i think the golden rule has is that we can all universally agree Charles Manson should be punished greatly for what he did, but adhering to the golden rule should dictate that he should get away scot free, because I don't think I should spend a lifetime in jail. I'm treating Charles Manson in such a way that I certainly wouldn't wanna be treated, but I think everyone can agree this is the "right" line.

I prefer the moral guideline... "treat others how they should be treated."

Is this a moral guideline? To me it says nothing. Surely how people should be treated is subjective. I don't get it can you explain it to me?

There is no objective morality. It is a dynamic paradigm that changes with time and between cultures and people .
Report Spam   Logged

Paranoid71
I think I am, therefore I am. I think.
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

Clan: Art of Wii
PSN: I don't have it.
Xbox Live: I don't play it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: June 20, 2012, 04:03:01 am »

the only flaw i think the golden rule has is that we can all universally agree Charles Manson should be punished greatly for what he did, but adhering to the golden rule should dictate that he should get away scot free, because I don't think I should spend a lifetime in jail. I'm treating Charles Manson in such a way that I certainly wouldn't wanna be treated, but I think everyone can agree this is the "right" line.

There is no objective morality.

So if the Axis had won WW2 and rewritten history, the Holocaust would have been a good, moral act? I think certain things are intrinsically bad, as defined by survival.
Report Spam   Logged

Um, staunch evolutionist scientists will tell you there is no scientific evidence that evolution exists. 
Zoraļ
Founding Member
WU Elite

Clan: TEC
PSN: Zorai

ANFV4LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 20, 2012, 04:04:01 am »

Is this a moral guideline? To me it says nothing. Surely how people should be treated is subjective. I don't get it can you explain it to me?

There is no objective morality. It is a dynamic paradigm that changes with time and between cultures and people .

I'm pretty sure it's just extrapolated from the "Treat others as you would like to be treated" trying to take into account the objections to that logic. However, yeah, how others "should" be treated is subjective and does vary by time and culture, just like every other societal construct. It's hard to make a single statement account for a moral code without any kind of "but but but what about x!"

Morality isn't objective. There is no end-all, be-all code for judging every situation. Common sense, perspective, and empathy give us our personal sense of morality, which collectively defines societal morality. And if we accept that morality isn't stable, it seems a bit ridiculous to base our own off of one that existed 2000 years ago.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 04:12:09 am by Zoraļ » Report Spam   Logged

gfx tawpic - rekwest stuf or sumthin
Proud Founder and Council Member of the Anti-Noob Fortress of Veteraness
Ps358
WU Guru

Xbox Live: xKratic FTW

I'm Kilometer Peter

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 20, 2012, 12:04:34 pm »

On topic> Mitt Romney has my vote.
Report Spam   Logged

nice auto lock on the sniper rifle, i know a hack when i see it. use a real gun.

Paranoid71
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: June 20, 2012, 06:51:08 pm »

^the fact that you are an eligible voter genuinely scares me.
Report Spam   Logged

Um, staunch evolutionist scientists will tell you there is no scientific evidence that evolution exists. 
herman
WU Elite

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 20, 2012, 06:58:48 pm »

who would want, a godless, miserable, self serving , homo, atheist , for a president, not me
Report Spam   Logged
Baw
I assume, therefore I might be.
Founding Member
WU Pwn

Clan: Wu Tang
PSN: Nothing
Xbox Live: x Tha Bizness

I want to be the very best that no one ever was.

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 20, 2012, 07:03:30 pm »

who would want, a godless, miserable, self serving , homo, atheist , for a president, not me
You're not funny.
Report Spam   Logged

DoubleGunz
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

PSN: DoubleGunz

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 20, 2012, 07:18:32 pm »

You fail at life. I hope this is trolling. lmao
Report Spam   Logged

Paranoid71
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: June 20, 2012, 08:05:01 pm »

Honestly, if you're an alt, I will leave this site forever. You've disgraced the great traditions of NDS and Haggs.
Report Spam   Logged

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

PSN: Turboweasle

Turboweasle: everyone's favorite speedy rodent

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 20, 2012, 09:11:29 pm »

He's not really an alt per se, just another account of Mosher's.  I don't know why he has it.
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
Anti-Noob Fortress of Veteraness Council Member
~Turboweasle~

I NEVER squeeze my jubblies, so that stuff wouldn't work for me.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: