Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
April 19, 2024, 08:56:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

[MP:H] I still say Sylux was God tier in this

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [MP:H] I still say Sylux was God tier in this  (Read 118 times)
Squire Grooktook
Brain Fusion Recipient
Founding Member
WU Pwn

Clan: I WALK ALONE AND CHOOSE MY OWN PATH
PSN: Groucho2

Hallowed be The Game

View Profile WWW
« on: March 02, 2012, 09:01:23 pm »

If I had to do a tier list for the game today, I'd have it something like this

God Tier

Sylux
Noxus with shadow freeze

Top Tier

Samus
Trace

Mid Tier

Kanden
Noxus
Spire

Bottom Tier

Weavel.

Sylux has the tools to deal with almost any situation, and once he gets the lead, it's almost impossible to bring him down without shadow freeze or some god tier space control and aim (and even those are iffy). Noxus without shadow freeze is kind of a wild card because he fights completely differently from the others. But, I think that ultimately Imperialist limits his options, and he doesn't have what it takes to catch alt form run away from the top tiers. As for Weavil being bottom tier, I'd place him there cause his alt is a liability and his Affinity is garbage, and I don't think he really compensates it in any way. Ultimately I don't think he has the dps or the defense to beat most of the cast.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 05:22:31 pm by Turboweasle » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Squire Grooktook
Brain Fusion Recipient
Founding Member
WU Pwn

Clan: I WALK ALONE AND CHOOSE MY OWN PATH
PSN: Groucho2

Hallowed be The Game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 06:10:50 pm »

More detailed tier list I posted on another forum a while ago. In case any of you are interested in nostalgia.

God Tier:

Sylux
His alt form is the best one in the entire game. While other alts can accelerate briefly to faster speeds, his overall has the best continuous speed and maneuverability. Furthermore his unique bomb jumping mechanic is extremely potent for quickly navigating rugged terrain and dangerous areas. And lastly it possesses the only one hit kill move among all alts. All these make him extremely potent, but the speed is most important of all. In a game that favors map control and securing and controlling all hp power ups, he is essentially unstoppable. When in his alt form, he can move from one health respawn point to the next so quickly that he's almost unkillable on almost every map. And like Samus, he can still do vast amounts of damage zooming around with his alt. His Affinity weapon in Biped form is useful, though nothing spectacular. It can completely shut down most close - mid range projectile weapons, though offensive alt form use shuts it down pretty quick. Mostly, Biped Sylux is only used for Imperialist duels/hit and run. Alt form makes it easy to lose your opponent and set up surprise attacks and ambushes with the Imperialist, and once he actually gets A SINGLE KILL he can go into alt and play run away for the entire game till time runs out.

Noxus (with shadow freeze)
The shadow freeze glitch basicly sends Noxus from being a very unique mid tier character to a unstoppable god tier. Basicly the shadow freeze glitch works like this; when you fire a charged Judicator with Noxus, it creates a close range shock wave that freezes anything close. HOWEVER, when he does this, there is also a invisible "line" that extends from the very top of the wave and goes toward the sky. But by aiming the charged Judicator downward, you can aim the line so it hits opponents in front of you. What makes this god tier is a combination of things. First off, the line has infinite range, it'll hit you instantly from the other side of the largest stages, and it goes through walls ignoring cover. Second of all, it allows you to do 50% or more damage on maps that do not have Imperialist (or when they were frozen in alt form) and allows instant kills on maps that do have Imperialist, since you can just walk up and head shot them for a 2 hit kill. The line is also surprisingly wide and doesn't require much aim to hit fast moving opponents from long distance. So basicly, this means that Noxus auto wins in any close to mid range 1 on 1 combat. Every other character, even the ones with ginormous damage outputs when properly used like Samus and Kanden, requires quite a few hits to down an opponent. A Noxus with shadow freeze can walk up to a Kanden before he has more then 4 or 5 shots fired (which amounts to 50 damage out of 200 total), freeze him instantly, one hit kill him with Imperialist, or do 100 damage with judicator head shots. Then repeat the process. Almost no one kills faster then Shadow Freeze. It can even shut down the faster alt forms like Sylux and Samus, though it takes very strong map control to do so.

Top Tier:

Samus
Her rockets are incredibly damaging, and the homing buff she gets make them nearly impossible to dodge. They also push you back, forcing a long range fight where you can't damage her as much. A lot must also be said about her alt form which is arguably the second best in the game. It has great speed, and is the most powerful offensive alt in the game. A skilled Samus can rush you down with the morphball and take out gigantic chunks of damage with bomb/charge jump combos. Furthermore she's almost impossible to damage while doing this due to the weird angles morphball can strike from along with no longer taking head shots. Overall, she's a well designed character with the tools to win. But not God tier.

Trace
His alt form is very good for escaping, and is fairly decent for combat. Though Samus and Sylux alts are better. His invisibility is a fun gimmick, but most high level players tend not to use it since it leaves you open. His main draw, is that he's the only character who's affinity is the Imperialist, meaning he gets access to THE BEST WEAPON IN THE GAME ON EVERY MAP. With this, he can one shot kill every biped in the game on every map (except Oubliette, but that might as well be a different game mode). This alone, combined with his solid alt, puts him above the mid tiers.

Mid Tier:

Kanden
When Mph first came out, Kanden was regarded as useless and almost never used. However, late in the games lifetime, people started to discover that, while he can't kill Sylux, he's still a very potent character who gets one of the best weapons in the game. The Volt Driver may seem like a glorified power beam at first, but it's actually quite powerful. The Charge shot is a slow moving, dodgeable rocket, that's not too useful outside of corridors where the opponent cannot dodge. The real draw is the sheer dps that uncharged rapid fired Volt Driver shots give him. He doesn't have to charge like the Power Beam for damage, and can just mash the button real fast for a constant stream of shots. On a player with a real steady hand and great aim, repeatedly headshotting someone with this barrage can be almost instant death. Unfortunately, Kanden affinity perk sucks. All it does is make his charge shot home into the opponent, which doesn't do much and is still laughably easy to dodge outside of corridors, and it screws up their vision when it hits. Yeah. Also his alt form is painfully slow, cannot escape, and is terrible in combat. Most of all though, since his damage relies on getting headshots, he can't really compete with strong alt forms like Samus and Sylux. He could theoreticly use the area of effect to slowly damage attacking alt forms, but he has very little tools for actually stopping someone from running to the next health point. Maybe on a map that has almost no turns and you can see the opponent run for a long distance, he could gun down slyux or samus before they reached the health (this assumes he has absolutely gdlike aim), but most maps aren't like that.

Noxus
Noxus is one of the most unique characters in the game, being the only true close range fighter in a game with no melee weapons. His affinity perk is that instead of firing a spread shot, the Judicator now fires a large close range wall of frost that freezes anyone within its' range. After that, you can either head shot them a few times for around 100 damage, or if the imperialist is around, head shot them for an instant kill (of course this assumes they were frozen in biped form). This makes him a very interesting melee fighter who has to rely on map awareness, surprise, and reflexes to win. Most of the time he has no way of winning against opponents at mid range (obviously long too but that goes without saying). However the uncharged judicator shots are surprisingly strong against bipeds if head shotted, and a skilled Noxus can pressure the opponent in a duel with this while subtly forcing the opponent toward a corner where they can be blasted with the all important charge shot. Unfortunately, this doesn't work against skilled imperialist users, forcing you to play by stealth and ambush alone. And also his uncharged judicator can't match the dps of the other mid tiers (let alone the high-god tiers) meaning he HAS to land that charge shot sometime. Also, while the judicators uncharged shots are strong against bipeds, it is almost impossible to hit fast alts with them, since they are not instantaneous and can be dodged at certain ranges. Combine this with low damage and it becomes a task of considerable skill to take down anyone with even a moderately fast alt form.

Spire
Spires weapon doesn't get headshots, it makes up for this by being really, really, strong. Kind of like Samus's missles, but almost useless at long range. His affinity makes it so charged Magmaul shots set the opponent on fire. This is actually pretty good and contributes heavily to his dps. Unfortunately, his weakness at mid to long range really holds him back, and his alt form, even with it's ability to climb walls, is possibly the slowest in the game.

Bottom Tier

Weavil
Poor Weavil, he has the best character design in the game but is cursed with one of the worst alt forms in the game along with the worst weapon in the game hands down. Let's start with his alt form: when he activates it, he splits in half and his legs become a gun turret that auto targets the opponent, while his upper half crawls along with a laser blade. Your hp is split in half, with half going to each side, and you only die if the upper body is destroyed. Unfortunately this makes him ten times easier to kill while both escaping and attacking. one or at the most 2 well placed charge shots are enough to kill his upper body. And if you run away, they can still target your lower body for additional and massive damage, thus forcing you to rapidly switch between alt and biped to minimize your damage taken which slows you down. He actually moves surprisingly fast in alt, but with the hp cut in half you won't be attacking or defending very easily. In biped, his affinity gives him a buff for The Battle Hammer (worst weapon in the game btw) that makes it spash in large green blasts. Unfortunately, even with perfect aim, this dps is still **** poor even compared to all mid tiers. And it CANNOT kill a fast alt form, maybe the mid tier alts, but nobody above that. Though considered useless at launch, he eventually gained the status of "fun low tier" and people started using him to test their skills. The one advantage of the battle hammer (besides being easy to aim) is that it knocks the opponent around, making it harder for them to aim. Still though, a skilled opponent will STILL do more damage then you every time. Weavil can win against mid tiers (though it's still a incredibly uphill battle), but against anyone with decent escaping power, he's helpless.
Report Spam   Logged

Paranoid71
I think I am, therefore I am. I think.
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

Clan: Art of Wii
PSN: I don't have it.
Xbox Live: I don't play it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 10:31:05 pm »

top 5 mph players gogogogo
Report Spam   Logged

Um, staunch evolutionist scientists will tell you there is no scientific evidence that evolution exists. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: