Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
April 18, 2024, 06:11:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

Awesomenauts Strategy Topic

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Awesomenauts Strategy Topic  (Read 280 times)
Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

PSN: Turboweasle

Turboweasle: everyone's favorite speedy rodent

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2012, 03:37:36 pm »

Why not, right?

Let's just discuss what team lineups seem to work best.  Right now I like teams of Clunk, Leon, and Voltar.  Obviously Clunk is a tank that can dominate close-range but is also moderately effective a mid-range.  Leon is the main attacker, as he's fast and hits hard.  Voltar is your healer that in late-game is able to fend for himself using his droids.

I'm not really seeing much of a use for Froggy G.  He just seems like a less useful Leon.

Lonestar is great for setting up a push with his bull and his blaster is excellent.

Yuri is a great anti-Voltar.
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
Anti-Noob Fortress of Veteraness Council Member
~Turboweasle~

I NEVER squeeze my jubblies, so that stuff wouldn't work for me.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

MrPillow
WiiUnite's Fluffifier
WU Pwn

Clan: Wii Failures
PSN: MrPillow92

STR8 SLAMMIN'

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 03:46:20 pm »

froggy is an absolute beast dude. id use him any day over clank. he's fast and extremely pwoerful. hell, late game him easily goes head to head with late game leon, and with a fully upgraded tornado he can lay waste to turrets.

as far best team, its what you had except replace clank with leon. 75 burst damage on upgraded dynamite, and when you setup at a turret he literally just bulls away the opponents everytime they approach.
Report Spam   Logged

TIGER STYLE: Wii'Nite clan ain't nuthin' to **** with  \\//\\// <== My dubayew
JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

PSN: Jabbanero
Xbox Live: JabbaScript

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 03:48:45 pm »

I like that one guy
Report Spam   Logged

3DS FC:  2638-0027-7848
MrPillow
WiiUnite's Fluffifier
WU Pwn

STR8 SLAMMIN'

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 03:56:35 pm »

go away Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 04:08:40 pm »

Not sure if friendly jesting or being an asshole..   (d)

But in srsns, I'll probably be using the tank or healer mostly. Are there any unlocks or progression outside of matches?
Report Spam   Logged

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 04:22:08 pm »

Are there any unlocks or progression outside of matches?

No.  You have loadouts like in CoD, except you can't change them or your character once you're in a game.

And one thing we must absolutely avoid is a sh*tty Voltar.  Just played with a guy who wouldn't heal us at all.  Absolutely miserable.
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
~Turboweasle~

JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 02:04:51 pm »

Leon (I call him Gaston):

-Tongue grab
-Backstab blade
-Cloaking
-Cloak attk. bonus (the masquerade emblem)
-Movement speed
-Dummy upgrades

Sorry, haven't played enough to know all the real names.

One thing I will say is that we absolutely MUST have a Voltar for clan battles. There's no HP regen for the most part so you have to really on either him or going far away in order to get back in the game. His healing is also very fast which means an almost instant regen.

The monkey is also a very good stationary blockade. With a row of mines down, he's pretty hard to get to especially if he has upgraded his laser. That thing is friggin' overkill in the right hands. I couldn't get him down in the one game I played with him, but all the teammates who used him dominated. The best way to take him out is to use Leon's tongue grab. Once he's on the ground you pretty much have him.

DO NOT PUT YOUR BACK TO LEON.

Also you guys might find this blog intredasting:  http://joostdevblog.blogspot.com/2012_03_01_archive.html
Report Spam   Logged

JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 02:25:44 pm »

Also, from Seitetsu on GF:

1) Every time you die, the opposing team gets money. All the Clunks that just explode and tank with no intention of staying alive.... stop it....

2) Many characters like to set up a combo. For example:
Froggy G - Dash into WW
Leon - Backstab / tongue traps
&#12288; Clunk - Chomp into explosion
&#12288; Yuri - Slowdown field

Lonestar's f-ing bull destroys all these setups.... think before you use it

3) You don't need to go back to base to get health every time. You can:
Get health that are scattered all around the map, kill neutral creeps, or if you just took a few hits, find a voltar. Every second you are out of the fight is less money you are earning.

4) Plan out your build. Do you really need those extra points where you are putting them? Is there something that you use a lot that should be upgraded before that? Builds can completely change how a character is played. Think about your options, and if you have the info, think about who else your teammates are using.

5) Don't step on the f-ing button when your teammate is over the wormdoor. It's not cute. See tip 1 and 3. &#12288;

6) If you are squishy, dont be a hero. Yuri and Voltar are team players. They aren't meant to go at it alone. If you absolutely must play Call of Duty MOAB, pick Leon at least...

7) If you have a burst damage setup, or are Leon, watch the map for distracted enemies. Is that lonestar really taking on a turret alone? Wait for the opponent to use their abilities, and immediately jump him while it is on cooldown. If you can, time the silence to give yourself a few extra seconds. Also, anticipate your opponents moves. If you are Froggy G, your whirlwind can make your invulnerable. Use it to survive a self destruct or dynamite. Timing can make the difference in a flawless victory, or a fatality.

Cool Use the environment to your advantage. Watch your map for people fighting around the worm door. If an enemy is coming and planning on grabing that gold solara bub, watch your map and drop from above right on the button right as he is in there. Free kill. Also, if someone is fighting the Slug boss, pop in and stun him and let the acid breath kill him. If you are on the small map, always activate your flying drones. They are more powerful than you think. Push people into turrets or use your stun right when they get in range of it so they take extra damage. Even if it doesnt kill, it takes them out of the fight long enough to get ahead.

Feel free to add to this.
Report Spam   Logged

MrPillow
WiiUnite's Fluffifier
WU Pwn

STR8 SLAMMIN'

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 03:03:40 pm »

whoa, i have been going about leon completely wrong.

before anything get the walking and attacking ai. at a turret, you're literally doind double damage. triple if you pull a 3rd clone.
Report Spam   Logged

JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 03:07:06 pm »

Nah man, builds are really just up to preference. If you wanna set up your clone first, go for it. Personally I prefer to be able to chase people down better before I get enough solar for the clone.
Report Spam   Logged

JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 03:11:19 pm »

I'm not really seeing much of a use for Froggy G.  He just seems like a less useful Leon.
They're a lot alike, but since you can only have one Leon Froggy can be pretty useful. His dash+whirlwind combo can be devastating if upgraded, especially hiding behind a turret.
Report Spam   Logged

JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 09:02:54 pm »

So apparently Yuri can heal the core..

http://www.awesomenauts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1604
Report Spam   Logged

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 10:41:03 pm »

From reading that topic it looks like the only way that would be useful is if the other two members of your team can pull off an offensive long enough for Yuri to get in more than ten healing waves, which would probably take a minute or two.

Still, I don't like how Yuri is basically a camping god already, and this certainly doesn't help.
Report Spam   Logged

~Turboweasle~

JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 06:21:07 am »

Yeah. IMO you shouldn't be able to heal the core AT ALL. It's basically one of the rules of the game that the stationary objectives can't be healed. This just ruins that. Also, anyone wanna tell me how to take down a good player running Yuri? He's probably the hardest for me to get rid of. It's near impossible with a good teammate on his side.
Report Spam   Logged

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 09:48:17 am »

I'll let you know as soon as someone tells me.  If his flying wasn't infinite it would be easier, but as it stands he can just zip off and by the time you find a booster or jump to where he is, he's already behind a turret or healed completely.
Report Spam   Logged

~Turboweasle~

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: