Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
April 20, 2024, 05:05:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

Clan War Strategies: How we win

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clan War Strategies: How we win  (Read 95 times)
MrPillow
WiiUnite's Fluffifier
WU Pwn

Clan: Wii Failures
PSN: MrPillow92

STR8 SLAMMIN'

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2012, 12:18:53 pm »

First off, incase anyone hasn't picked up the feel of this game yet, it's about gaining momentum. I want everyone to do their best to see momentum as an observable thing that you instantly pick out the moment you have it, and the moment the enemy has it. Basically, you know when you're advancing, and you got Voltar healin, you've already picked someone off, and you're just about to kick ass, it would be stupid for the enemy to come rmeotely close to you and they're tryin to throw dynamite from afar and missin and scrambling to setup all while you go closer to their base? That's momentum. Momentum can increase exponentially while you have it if you play intelligently and carefully.

It's also important to pick and choose your fights. If you find yourself combating the enemy at midfield and they have momentum, and youre gonna die, dont die, give them solar while thinking some **** like "where the **** are my teammates!1/1/!?", get the hell out while watching for tongues and splash dashes. In competitive play, being in this situation is a death. You are wanting to avoid getting into, not getting figuring out how to get out. Unless it's to finish someone off that you are 100% certain will die and that there teammates aren't going to get inbetween yall (especially important if yuris airshipping), never fight at the enemy turret. Bring them to your turret, where you have the advantage, where they have like a chain gun raining fuckin hell on them. Turret kills are better than individual kills, because iirc we get more solar off them. Let the turret help, and we will win.

So to start, call out. This game has pretty easy call outs. Obviously there's NW, NE turrets that kinda thing. We'll call it caving when someone is in an area that you can't seem them in unless you step in that area (like the various platforms on the jungle level or the very middle of the worm map). Try and refrain from calling stuff "our base, their 1st turret, etc" so that we don't have to change mindsets every game. Color is consistent. Airshipping will be when Yuri just floats above the combat and drops mines without ever coming down.

Specifically for each map:

On the map with the gravity shaft:

Red/Blue Factory are the places you can step on to spawn the flying droids.
Red/Blue Fork is the fork in the road where you decide if you attack North or South Turret
Top Gravity is the part of the Shaft where you can't see the action down beneath and that health spawn is.
Left/Right/Top/Bottom Creep is where the Health Creeps are.
Red/Blue North/South/1st Turret (you can abbreviate to Red North, Blue South, etc)
Base Yard is kinda the clear area as you walk from North/South turret to a Base.
Red/Blue Base

On the map with the worm:

Worm Switch
Worm Hole (where you actually die from the worm)
Red/Blue Creep (where the health creeps are)
Red/ Blue North/South Turret (
Mid Cave, small invisible cave section in the middle of the map
Top Platforms (Top half of map at the platforms)
Top Ground (same as above except they're on the ground not the platforms. Noting the difference is important for offscreen bulls and tongue grabs)
Red/Blue Long Cave (the longass area after destroying South 1st)

Jungle Level:

will do later

Playing competitively: More solar=More wins. Don't forget to collect the random solar in your path, backtrack the extra step for that other piece of solar

Solar Tree vs Piggy Back: I prefer Piggy Back in most cases, it lets you build momentum against a team of Solar Trees right off the bat, and then if youre getting a bunch of kills who needs solar tree? Throughout a 15min, tree is only going to give you an extra two or three upgrades. If doesnt pay itself off, much less give you the upgrade piggy back would have given you off the bat, until 3min in.

Teams:

Leon/Lonestar/Voltar  - Best overall combo. Leon should start off with Piggy Bank camo attack chip. If you get first blood with this setup, ESPECIALLY with Leon, you win. That's it. If you can get walking, attacking clones that's 24dmg/ every 1.2ish seconds EARLY game. Plus Voltar can get solar from healing the clones. Meaning that unless they're running the same class setup our Voltar will be stronger than there's early game. Voltar should start Piggy Bank, Droid, Heal upgrade. Heal upgrade means he's earning more solar since he's healing more, and early game 10 dmg per 2sec can definitely make a difference. He should be able to upgrade quickly cause of Leon, and fully maxed drones can do 44/sec. Lonestar, I don't play as him much, but I would think a Bull helps us pick and choose our fights, and more importantly a bull pushes enemies into Leon attack clone walls before the walking ai chip is purchased, as well as the turret. This is especially easy on gravity shaft where you can just drop down from the top and push them into a turret just like that. Another thing that I've yet to see utilized with a bull is using the bull to run an enemy into a wall, and while theyre pinned to the wall go to town on them. Get the 75 damage brust going on with dynamite, then get the bull upgraded and dealing damage, and with maxed droids the bull whittles down while breaking any combos, and Leon(s) and Voltar simply tank.
Another thing, Leon can send in an attacking clone and the enemy gets 0 solar from it, so it literally can be used to slowly whittle down a turret.

Leon/Voltar/Clank - Same strategy as last time, except you have a huge wall named Clank that no one can get through, and his explosions deal more damage than Leon's dynamite.

Leon/Clank/Froggy G - Froggy goes piggy bank splash dash big cool down, then worries about getting small cool down and stun. Froggy G stuns with splash dash, Clank finishes up with explode. Leon tongue grabs and spams atk clones.

Report Spam   Logged

TIGER STYLE: Wii'Nite clan ain't nuthin' to **** with  \\//\\// <== My dubayew

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

PSN: Jabbanero
Xbox Live: JabbaScript

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 08:24:27 pm »

Froggy's stun would be helpful with getting a hit with Clank's destruct, but with a slow-enemies upgrade I can usually get them on my own unless there are loads of droids in my way that I don't see.

I still don't know if I'd rather give up upgrading Leon's blade early to upgrade the bots. You gotta demonstrate that strategy for me next time we're in a game.

I also think it's much better to have all three teammates in one spot, even if it leaves gaps in the defenses. The momentum you gain from having all of them together far surpasses anything you could do on your own.

What do you think about the whole group attacking one enemy vs. attacking whoever is closest? In my experience, most randoms attack whoever is closest and the guy I've gotten down to 5% hp slips away because I'm the only one chasing him. The same happens to all the rest. We're all left tp'ing back to base without making any headway. I think the best thing to do is take out any Voltars first, then whoever has the least health. Two enemies with half health fight much better than one with full health.
Report Spam   Logged

3DS FC:  2638-0027-7848
Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

PSN: Turboweasle

Turboweasle: everyone's favorite speedy rodent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 10:48:04 pm »

Yeah, the priority against teams that run Voltar is killing Voltar.  I can't tell you how many times I've turned around a random game just by being able to keep my teammates from dying/teleporting.  Any offensive that has a minimum of two friendly droids, two teammates, and Voltar with upgraded heal station and bots is going to take out at least one turret, and has the potential to wreck the opposing team all the way to their base in little more than a minute.

Obviously, if we run a team with Voltar, we're going to have to protect him on offensives.  Smart players (especially Leons with their cloaking) will circle behind the attacking team and go for Voltar exclusively.

And I agree completely with having a full team attacking at once, all the time.  If the other team goes for your turrets... well, so what?  All three of you are already steamrolling through enemy turrets.  That strategy does require Voltar, though.
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
Anti-Noob Fortress of Veteraness Council Member
~Turboweasle~

I NEVER squeeze my jubblies, so that stuff wouldn't work for me.
Paranoid71
I think I am, therefore I am. I think.
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

Clan: Art of Wii
PSN: I don't have it.
Xbox Live: I don't play it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 11:46:47 pm »

P = MV

das ryte
Report Spam   Logged

Um, staunch evolutionist scientists will tell you there is no scientific evidence that evolution exists. 
Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 12:02:00 am »

Mass and velocity are represented with lowercase letters you fruit cupcake.
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
~Turboweasle~

Paranoid71
I think I am, therefore I am. I think.
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

Clan: Art of Wii
PSN: I don't have it.
Xbox Live: I don't play it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 05:18:15 pm »

who says that was the equation for momentum?

it was a secret message to my invisible friend Vladimir Ilyach Ulyanov.
Report Spam   Logged

Um, staunch evolutionist scientists will tell you there is no scientific evidence that evolution exists. 
Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 07:16:23 pm »

No it wasn't stfu.

Report Spam   Logged

~Turboweasle~

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: