Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
March 28, 2024, 11:18:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

Clan Wars!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clan Wars!  (Read 242 times)
MrPillow
WiiUnite's Fluffifier
WU Pwn

Clan: Wii Failures
PSN: MrPillow92

STR8 SLAMMIN'

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2012, 01:05:17 pm »

Let's get this going! While we have 0 losses I want to maintain as much as possible so I'd like to play another clan or two before we go after philosopher. I'll challenge some people for Monday night! (I work 11am-11pm sunday). Would 2PM work for everyone?
Report Spam   Logged

TIGER STYLE: Wii'Nite clan ain't nuthin' to **** with  \\//\\// <== My dubayew

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

PSN: Turboweasle

Turboweasle: everyone's favorite speedy rodent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 01:08:08 pm »

2 PM EST, I'm assuming?

Yeah, that'll work for me.
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
Anti-Noob Fortress of Veteraness Council Member
~Turboweasle~

I NEVER squeeze my jubblies, so that stuff wouldn't work for me.
MrPillow
WiiUnite's Fluffifier
WU Pwn

STR8 SLAMMIN'

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 01:30:17 pm »

word
Report Spam   Logged

JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

PSN: Jabbanero
Xbox Live: JabbaScript

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 02:51:29 pm »

Don't you think it would be better to do some scrimms first? Anyway, assuming I can get on at all Monday I would have to be off by 3:30, so 2 should be ok for a few matches.
Report Spam   Logged

3DS FC:  2638-0027-7848
Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

PSN: Turboweasle

Turboweasle: everyone's favorite speedy rodent

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 02:57:32 pm »

We definitely need some concrete strategies at the very least.
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
Anti-Noob Fortress of Veteraness Council Member
~Turboweasle~

I NEVER squeeze my jubblies, so that stuff wouldn't work for me.
JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 03:01:13 pm »

I agree. In general, I think going for the bottom turrets would usually be better. They're usually left more open, and I believe on at least two maps they offer a better means of escape. If you attack from above, it's easier to get trapped between the final turret and the bottom one.
Report Spam   Logged

JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 03:08:32 pm »

Oh, and if you ever run into an early game homing-missile Clunk: jump up and down repeatedly while you run. The missiles have a pretty large turning radius so they usually end up dissipation before they reach you. This is only if he hasn't upgraded missile speed or foot speed.
Report Spam   Logged

JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 05:27:38 pm »

Alright, I should be able to participate.
Report Spam   Logged

absta101
WU Clan Member
WU Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 05:55:34 pm »

We should be ganking in scrims. In practice that doesn't happen much.
Report Spam   Logged
JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 06:13:12 pm »

Yeah. The way the platforms are set up, it'd be really easy to surround a team and push them into a turret. The worm map would be the best. Have a Leon uncloak into a stab at their backs, a Lonestar bullrush them into the turret, and Clunk drop and explode. There's no way it could end well for them.

Also, we need to be using our mics. Ffs.
Report Spam   Logged

MrPillow
WiiUnite's Fluffifier
WU Pwn

STR8 SLAMMIN'

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 12:13:49 am »

I almost always use my mic :S
We should be ganking in scrims. In practice that doesn't happen much.

whats ganking?
I agree. In general, I think going for the bottom turrets would usually be better. They're usually left more open, and I believe on at least two maps they offer a better means of escape. If you attack from above, it's easier to get trapped between the final turret and the bottom one.

on jungle I agree. On gravity shaft, going for South turret makes it incredibly easy for a lonestar to drop from factory and bull you in. Like honestly there's nothing you can do it about it save for having someone hang out at factory to call it out if its about to happen, and that lessens your strength at the turret by a 3rd.

On worm, theres platforms to drop down from literally right next to the north turrets as well as the jump boosts at top platform. You have the jump boosts close to South turret, but that just takes you to North turret anyways.
Report Spam   Logged

JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 12:22:20 am »

On worm, theres platforms to drop down from literally right next to the north turrets as well as the jump boosts at top platform. You have the jump boosts close to South turret, but that just takes you to North turret anyways.

Exactly. Ganking is ganging up on people, usually one player or a smaller group. But in this game, I feel that a simple well-timed ambush would be disastrous.
Report Spam   Logged

MrPillow
WiiUnite's Fluffifier
WU Pwn

STR8 SLAMMIN'

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 12:51:09 am »

now presenting the least proportionate paint drawings in the entire world

on gravity shaft gold is the defense setup, everything in the shaft is the early game setup, everything on blue side is the blue setup.

early game explanation: Leon can't be hammered by mines or dynamate since he has the platform above his head, and hes right next to voltar who can heal his clones, again early game isnt about taking out the turrets or getting kills, its defense and accumulating solar. Lonestar is up above cutting off people trying to retreat to the health creeps, bothering Yuris, and spammin dynamite to the battlefield. Occasional dropdown for a bull to turret. Leon is interchangable with Froggy G, whos splash dash comes in handy but obviously we lose the clones and hes way to weak to burst damage early game.

defense: this things actually pretty ingenius but you gotta be at the top of your game to work it. Lonestar is bull to turreting and dynamite spamming the bottom choke point. Voltar and Leon have the option of flanking  through either side in seconds and also cut off people that try and retreat for more health. It is also doesnt get us pinned by airshipping, and leons really just a few steps away from tongue grabbing any yuri that tries to set it up. as long as we can distract, much less kill their voltar they'll inevitably have to go grab health.

offense: i pretty much tohught about what i just said, and jabba just said, and realized this solved all the problems. Leon can see people coming from north turret, and its one of those moments where people see each other, and know that if either advances the battle starts, but he can start it early by throwing an accurate tongue grab, and then we quickly gank'm. he just has to be sure he doesnt get grabbed himself, otherwise he is absolutely utterly undeniably ****. Voltar keeps healing lonestar, with droids they can push, and lonestar uses the bull as a get out of jail free card ( if a lonestar flanks, make sure you get bull vs bull going, otherwise your ****). On top of this, if leon positions himself right, his clones will drop down to south turret, which will also be healed by voltar. (in fact leon being invisible at his spot makes a lot of sense. keep it varied and remember they almost always try and go on top of factory, which makes it an awesome place to hide).

worm map explanation:

actually one of those ridiciously simplistic but still has a solution for most stuff  type plans(dont have time to think of offense and defense setups. 11 hour shift in 9 hours). lonestar drops endless dynamite to the turret, enemies come, he triple jumps to top platforms, jump boosts if needs it are right there. otherwise all 3 people gank. voltar is constantly farming leons clones. they can jump unexpecting trying to grab a solar boost from the worm pit, they got midcave to setup ambushes in (especially good if someones bait, especially if leon makes a clone from the turret, voltar waits while leon double times it back to the cave from the bottom half. that **** would be hilarious. if you were careful with your movement patterns and varied, enemy wouldnt even know which leon was which, you also got the option of just staying invisible as you go back to the cave but you really want that 8sec recharge time done as quick as possible). And of course, lonestar's only a triple jump away if you guys really need to ask him for backup.

Report Spam   Logged

JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 11:23:41 am »

About to read these, but before I do: I suggest for future strats putting the text into the actual picture. This is what I did in failed attempts to organize matches for the late SoL. It makes it a lot easier to read, as you can use arrows, highlight certain areas for defensive patrols/etc, and color code text to certain phases or characters.

I'll also look into finding or making for myself the actual full maps. I haven't found any on the forums but I think I saw at least one map on Joost's dev blog.

And now: I READ!

EDIT: You keep saying North and South turret on Gravity. Do you mean East and West?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 11:34:14 am by JabbaScrub » Report Spam   Logged

BlueBlargg
WU Clan Member
WU Ensign

Don't think I'll do everything for you!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 09:41:21 pm »

As long as I don't oversleep I can play.

Wait, who plays which?

Here's a format, BlueBlargg - 1st: Lonestar, 2nd: Leon, 3rd: Clunk

So we can combine what chemistry along with players we use the best into a team and it'll prevent your clanmates choosing your main. y;
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 09:58:45 pm by BlueBlargg » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: