Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
March 29, 2024, 05:41:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

Awesomenauts Leon Build/Strategy

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Awesomenauts Leon Build/Strategy  (Read 4151 times)
ipsumonym
WU Recruit

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2012, 02:16:39 pm »

( I figure I'd start up on strategies?  Shocked )

So, to my knowledge, Leon has 3 primary builds:
Vamp (quick attacks, upped damage, life steal), Quick-strike (sudden strikes out of stealth, upped damage, tongue grabs, hit-and-run), Brute (HP, upped damage, critical)

Those are just the basic ideas.  I personally use the Quick-strike Leon build:

Tongue: Cheese and Garlic Mints (Silence), Tongue Stretcher (Range), Morning Star Piercing (Damage)
Stealth: Suprise Party Mask (De-cloak Damage), Pinot Noir (Regen), Blow-Up Doll (Clone Explosion)
Slash: Chainsaw Addon (Damage), Electrifier (Slow), Backstab Blade (Backstab)
Basic: Piggy Bank (Solar Bonus), Power Pills Turbo (HP), Leg Upgrade [don't remember name] (Movement speed)

Build Order:
Piggy Bank
Chainsaw Addon 1
Electrifier
Chainsaw Addon 2
Stealth
Leg Upgrade
Tongue
Chainsaw Addon 3
Power Pills Turbo
Suprise Party Mask
Backstab Blade
Tongue Stretcher 1
Tongue Stretcher 2
Cheese and Garlic Mints
Pinot Noir
Morning Star Piercing
Blow Up Doll

Early game:
Search for opportunities to surprise low HP enemies, creep for solar, fight with a teammate

Mid game:
Search for lone enemies, still get the low HP enemies, Keep HP up to defend against Nukes

End game:
Get behind enemies and surprise them, gobble up health upgrades and neutral creeps away from your teammates' current areas, run down enemies

vs Clunk:
I do what I like to call "Volleyballing", which is jumping back and forth over him. It helps stay away from his attacks, especially early on, as well as his bite. His explosion attack is extremely dangerous, especially pre-power pills, so I make sure to stay light and have an escape route ready.

vs Froggy-G:
I'll be honest. I don't have a great strategy for him. Usually I make sure to have a tongue attack ready if he tries to dash away. Mainly, I just wait to go all out until after he uses his tornado ability cause it is all sorts of anti-Leon. Also, I try my hardest to meta the landings of his jumps.

vs Lonestar:
His dynamite is dangerous to fleshy Leon so I tend to hit-and-run and attempt to get him confused if I believe he has dynamite up and ready. I also "volleyball" him since most people don't even go the blaster route and it makes Leon hard to hit except with dynamite.

vs Yuri:
Hmm.... Yuri.... Om...nom...nom...nom I love coming across an opposing Yuri with Leon. Leon's main attack can usually drop Yuri from the sky and if you can keep at just the right range, his mines are useless as a quick defense. Even if the laser gets full-blown, all Leon has to do is back off and tongue him, restarting his laser's damage. Not to mention that Yuri defends himself by staying in the back where he feels "safe" and Leon can get to the back ranks no problem.

vs Voltar:
After power pills? Voltar is another easy target for Leon. Even fully upgraded, his bots cannot kill Leon quicker than Leon can kill Voltar. The only thing is that Voltar is rarely alone, so you have to get behind and don't be surprised if you have to back off and hit-and-run if you get swarmed. The opponent will obviously protect Voltar full forced (if they're good).

vs Leon:
I usually do the cloak/de-cloak Surprise Party Mask strategy to get that extra damage in. This match-up is all about who can get the damage off quicker. Unfortunately it's also a ****, 'cause if both players are good, it depends mainly on timing or reinforcements. A lot of it stands mainly on who's better, lol.

The one thing I like about Leon, outside of the fact that he's beast, is that he can switch strategies at any time. It just depends on what your team needs at the time. Later in the game, with Surprise Party Mask and Pinot Noir, he can take out towers on his own. Whatever is needed.

Afro Afro Afro Afro Afro
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 02:02:45 pm by MrPillow » Report Spam   Logged

"The Bird of Hermes is my name.
Eating my wings to make me tame."

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

the KR3AT3R
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 04:38:22 pm »

Nice. Cool
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: