Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
March 28, 2024, 05:26:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

A couple updates

Poll
Question: How do do you feel about the updates, and how do you feel about merging general system discussion with other system discussion?
I am content/fine with the new updates, and would like to see the aforementioned forums merged.
I am fine/content with the updates, and would NOT like to see the aforementioned forums merged.
I dislike the updates, and would like to see the aforementioned forums merged.
I dislike the updates, and would NOT like to see the aforementioned forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A couple updates  (Read 277 times)
MrPillow
WiiUnite's Fluffifier
WU Pwn

Clan: Wii Failures
PSN: MrPillow92

STR8 SLAMMIN'

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2012, 02:23:56 pm »

1. Forum news now rotates, will feature things like game announcements, wiiunite forum/clan announcements, etc. If you have a suggestion for forum news, lay it on us, but if it's more then like a sentence or two you should probably just make a topic Tongue

2. I created Battlefield and Call of Duty general forums and made the appropriate forums child boards of these. I'm trying to figure out how to make it so that you can't post on the actual general forums, but haven't yet so please don't post on those. This way it won't take forever to scroll down to the All Seeing Eye.

3. Made a Playstation Plus forum and merged the Awesomenauts forum into it. This is for all Playstation Plus game discussion.

4. Gotham City Impostors was moved to older titles. Last post was mid-march Tongue

5. I need some thoughts on this: I'd like to merge the Other system discussion forums with their general system discussion forums. I feel like these forums steal activity from each other, and if a single game seems to take over the board, that tells me we should just give that game a board. Anyways, please let me know how you feel about this in the poll.

6. Finally, awhile ago a couple of us were going to make a WU History topic, that pretty documented the MOHH2 community, how it birthed WiiUnite, etc etc etc. But I was pretty much here just for the MOHH2 GF era, the birth of WU, and 2012 onwards with random logins like every few months inbetween. Obviously the rest of the staff was here, but basically I want to make an all inclusive history. Who became mod when, and why. The surfacing of new users that to this day are still popular regulars. etc. People come here and are like "where did this place even come from". And this topic should fix that. I think the easiest way to do it, people PM me wh at thigns you feel need to be included, and then when we write the topic I'll get back to you on exactly what happened. This way we can plan out a time line before we start trying to piece everything together, and not everything will make the final cut, so I'd hate for someone to waste their typing it out too.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 02:33:21 pm by MrPillow » Report Spam   Logged

TIGER STYLE: Wii'Nite clan ain't nuthin' to **** with  \\//\\// <== My dubayew

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

the KR3AT3R
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 02:32:03 pm »

I honestly don't mind the new updates.

I would actually make a suggestion.  I say keep the wii clan board in the wii section, but maybe add a clan section to the other systems's board too?  I'm not sure if clans still exist or not, but last night a guy was asking me to join his clan and I asked if they had a site and he said no, that they were working on one.  Then I got the idea to maybe invite him to use WU as a hub or common area for them to use. Any thoughts?
Report Spam   Logged
MrPillow
WiiUnite's Fluffifier
WU Pwn

Clan: Wii Failures
PSN: MrPillow92

STR8 SLAMMIN'

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 02:42:22 pm »

Thing is no serious clan would ever want to host their clan out of a site like this. We already have the WU Clan too, which is dormant atm but will most definitely resurface for Black Ops 2 and Medal of Honor: Warfighter and whatever else games you crazy kids want to get into. (Speaking of which, if the MW3 Wii guys want to make a gb team, I would definitely get active in that game for that and do all the forum organization needed).

That said, we've discussed several times in the mod forum that a way to bring back lots of activity here is to restablish itself as a central hub for FINDING clans. In fact, I've used the verbiage "central hub" several times haha. Wii FPS competition is more or less dead, but there is some, and so there is room for growth.

Report Spam   Logged

TIGER STYLE: Wii'Nite clan ain't nuthin' to **** with  \\//\\// <== My dubayew
wtZzz
WU Elite

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 01:39:34 pm »

Where did world news or whatever go
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: