Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
March 28, 2024, 12:45:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

Writing your review (REQUIRED READING):

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Writing your review (REQUIRED READING):  (Read 846 times)
MrPillow
WiiUnite's Fluffifier
WU Pwn

Clan: Wii Failures
PSN: MrPillow92

STR8 SLAMMIN'

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2012, 10:09:05 pm »

Please take the time to get familiar with the following rules and thoughts before posting.

Information to include: In the topic title you should include the game's title, and all systems that it's available for. The first thing in your review should be this

System I played it on: [put the system you played it on]
I am reviewing the: [Single Player/Multiplayer/The entire game, these are the only acceptable answers]
I last played this game: [put roughly the date you last played it. This is because of possible firmware updates that could make your complaint no longer pertinent, and you don't want your readers just dismissing the rest of your review because they thought for a few sentences that you did not know what you were talking about]

Topicality:
On this forum being on topic will be handled much more strictly than any of the other WU's forums. All posts should be discussing the review or game in question, no exceptions and deletions will be made without a second thought. Please make sure you post your topic in the right section. Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, Vita, PC titles released in the past 4 years, and 3DS reviews belong in the forum you are currently on. Please post any other games on the classic games subforum.

DLC:

You may choose to include DLC in your review of a game, or you may choose to review a game's DLC as its own game and give it its own topic.

Collections:
With game collections, such as Metal Slug Anthology or the various HD ports that pop up nowadays, you may make a topic for each separate game as long as the content in each topic is unique, and not copy and pasted from each other. You may also make one collective topic. It is your discretion entirely.

Quality Control:
Quality Control is a subforum for reviews that simply aren't up to par. This is when you neglect to review a section, such as graphics, storyline, etc., or your grammar is horrible (Catch a moderator in a good mood and they might just edit your posts to fix the mistakes, wouldn't count on it though), or if you are straight up incorrect about something (like you say Brawl only has 10 characters, or blah blah blah) or a game only lasts about 5 hours when it lasts 15. You guys get the picture, it will be moved to Quality Control. Every topic MUST be made as a poll, that asks the question "Did you find this review helpful?" and the ONLY ANSWERS must be "Yes" "Somewhat" and "No". If after at least 10 votes No has an 80% majority, or a moderator's discretion, your topic will be moved to the Quality Control subforum. Of course, this isn't a final decision, simply address the mistakes you made, elaborate on what you need to elaborate on, and we will gladly move the topic back and reset the poll.

Sections to elaborate on:

In order for your topic to not be moved to Quality Control, spend at least a paragraph on the graphics, plot, gameplay, and sound. If it's a game where it's not about that category, then simply explain that in a paragraph. Example: Super Marios Bros. Plot: This game isn't a story driven game, in fact I'd be surprised if anybody played this game for the plot. It's pretty basic, the King of this species known as the Koopas has kidnapped the Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom, and it's up to you, an Italian plumber by the name of Mario, to save her.

Ideas for optional sections:

Just some food for thought, you can make your review even more detailed by posting things such as an introduction to your game "Super Mario Bros is a 1989 sidescroller that launched the NES, blah blah blah" or maybe a fun facts section, such as amount of games sold, etc.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:22:47 am by MrPillow » Report Spam   Logged

TIGER STYLE: Wii'Nite clan ain't nuthin' to **** with  \\//\\// <== My dubayew

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

The Krazy One
The Nintendo Guy
Administrator
WU Pwn

Clan: TaKeOver
Nintendo Network ID: TKrazyO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 02:43:14 pm »

Question about the Collection reviews, would I be able to review the contents of the collection (ie. extras, quality of the games included, etc.) and not the individual games themselves. Because the games included could be good games but in terms of how they did the collection, it could make them out to be worse if you catch my drift.
Report Spam   Logged

"Use the pain of loss! The power comes in response to a need, not a desire!"

"The power comes in response to a need! You have to create that need!" -Goku, Dragonball Z
MrPillow
WiiUnite's Fluffifier
WU Pwn

STR8 SLAMMIN'

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 02:46:28 pm »

So you're asking if, let's take Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for example, you reviewed the things like the artwork and game history they included, without actually reviewing or talking about the games in the collection themselves? Are we on the same page?
Report Spam   Logged

DoubleGunz
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

PSN: DoubleGunz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 03:15:40 pm »

Can I do video reviews? and by video reviews, I mainly mean just talking, not showing gameplay.
Report Spam   Logged

MrPillow
WiiUnite's Fluffifier
WU Pwn

STR8 SLAMMIN'

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 03:26:43 pm »

I don't see why not, as long as the information in this topic is included, whether in text or on the video. Anybody else got input on that, speak now or forever hold your peace lol.
Report Spam   Logged

The Krazy One
The Nintendo Guy
Administrator
WU Pwn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 03:48:49 pm »

So you're asking if, let's take Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for example, you reviewed the things like the artwork and game history they included, without actually reviewing or talking about the games in the collection themselves? Are we on the same page?

In that sense pretty much but also talk about the games included without actually reviewing the games themselves. Mainly talk about the quality of the port into the collection compared to how the original looks or plays and if there are any slight differences and stuff like that if you see what I'm saying.

To shorten it, talk about the collection's features, extras and quality control about the games included in the collection without reviewing the games themselves. AKA review how good or bad the collection is.
Report Spam   Logged

"The power comes in response to a need! You have to create that need!" -Goku, Dragonball Z
JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

PSN: Jabbanero
Xbox Live: JabbaScript

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 06:17:19 pm »

Can I do video reviews? and by video reviews, I mainly mean just talking, not showing gameplay.
Why not both? I'd like to see some reviews like Xplay does, just with more opinionated comments at the end. Just play some gameplay as video background as you're talking and occasionally stop talking for a funny or cool scene in the game.

I also vote pictures should be included if not video.
Report Spam   Logged

3DS FC:  2638-0027-7848
DoubleGunz
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 06:20:47 pm »

The reason for why not = I'm not going to have almost any of the games I'm gonna review. I sell / return games when I'm done with them, to maximize the amount I can play.
Report Spam   Logged

JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 06:24:10 pm »

So just use something from another video or the trailer. That's what Xplay does. It gets repetitive seeing the same thing over and over, but it's a lot better than staring at some dude the whole time.
Report Spam   Logged

DoubleGunz
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 08:04:52 pm »

When I watch videos where the video doesn't matter much, I just listen while doing other things. I don't understand why others don't do that. lol
Report Spam   Logged

The Krazy One
The Nintendo Guy
Administrator
WU Pwn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 09:20:07 pm »

I'd say at least use video if you're talking about something bad in the game like glitches and stuff like that.
Report Spam   Logged

JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 11:18:58 pm »

The video shows a lot of what the game is about, which is the point of having a review.
Report Spam   Logged

Tiger
honrary abmin
WU R teh 1337

Xbox Live: TIGERSHARK27

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 04:06:29 pm »

It gets repetitive seeing the same thing over and over, but it's a lot better than staring at some dude the whole time.
But we're talking about staring at DG here. Azn
Report Spam   Logged

thanks Tiger, now i can say **** without getting random asterisks.

R.I.P. MoHH2 11/13/07 - 8/11/11
DoubleGunz
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 04:42:38 pm »

ja
Report Spam   Logged

The Krazy One
The Nintendo Guy
Administrator
WU Pwn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 04:56:44 pm »

We already stare at him all the time with his avatar.

But seriously I'd say if you're going to do a video review, have footage from the game ready for certain things you'd want to explain or for things that you can't completely explain but can show via footage. I'm fine with seeing you however.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: