Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
April 20, 2024, 03:10:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

Movies that come from books

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Movies that come from books  (Read 103 times)
MNOP
Master of Smashing
WU R teh 1337

Clan: Ao4
PSN: inebriatedBreed

Lakkass is my gurl

View Profile WWW
« on: June 27, 2012, 10:12:10 pm »

THE BOOK IS BETTER. **** YOU
Report Spam   Logged

RIP MoH:H2. August 11, 2011.
hey kechuas 1vs1 all that say i lag who KNOWS HOW THE LAG IS NOOONE and pillow when u are doing lag as u said u imobile n i trpw u 15 bullets not true when u are doing lag allll all the bullets that u get hurt so its impossible LIEEEEE how many of u have played with gigant lag NOONE thats cuz the first that u see it wilk be named who put LAG SHIELD TO THE LAG SHIELD when u do lag tell me
MNOPLY I WILL Mnoply's hair YOU IN THE ASS WITH A ROLL OF QUARTERS..YOU NEED 2 STFU.
It's not my fault chicks like your mom and your sisters like me.
[/quote]
Blow me.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Squire Grooktook
Brain Fusion Recipient
Founding Member
WU Pwn

Clan: I WALK ALONE AND CHOOSE MY OWN PATH
PSN: Groucho2

Hallowed be The Game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 05:02:36 am »

Even Shawshank Redemption?
Report Spam   Logged

lightspeed_champion
Founding Member
WU Combatant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 05:52:06 am »

I hate people who say this or think that cinema is inferior to literature.
Report Spam   Logged

June
WU's Favorite Month
WU Master

PSN: oJUNEo

She acts like summer and walks like rain.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 08:00:44 am »

I hate people who say this or think that cinema is inferior to literature.

People only say it because books provide you with the opportunity to create a vision with your own imaginings. Cinema gives the viewer only one vision and it may not match up with what they saw in their heads when they read the book.

There are a lot of books that I prefer over the movies but that is only because it just "didn't seem right" to me. However, I would say that many of these movies, had I not read the books and had expectations, would be very good.

The other problem with some movies is that they don't go into as much detail (obviously because of time restraints). I think that perturbs a few people, too.
Report Spam   Logged

My version of Bing search is out of date?
MNOP
Master of Smashing
WU R teh 1337

Lakkass is my gurl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 06:53:57 pm »

On the other side of the spectrum movies do help to make more sense out of books. Some authors throw a bunch of **** into the book but when you see it visually you're like "Ooooooooh that's what was going on!". Example, movies like Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. I mean if I could try to visually imagine what JK Rowling was talking about in those books I'd probably be on a lot of acid.
Report Spam   Logged

hey kechuas 1vs1 all that say i lag who KNOWS HOW THE LAG IS NOOONE and pillow when u are doing lag as u said u imobile n i trpw u 15 bullets not true when u are doing lag allll all the bullets that u get hurt so its impossible LIEEEEE how many of u have played with gigant lag NOONE thats cuz the first that u see it wilk be named who put LAG SHIELD TO THE LAG SHIELD when u do lag tell me
MNOPLY I WILL Mnoply's hair YOU IN THE ASS WITH A ROLL OF QUARTERS..YOU NEED 2 STFU.
[/quote]
Blow me.
June
WU's Favorite Month
WU Master

PSN: oJUNEo

She acts like summer and walks like rain.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 07:46:30 pm »

I see your point. However, I also think that comes from some people's lack of imagination, haha.

I do have to admit that Quidditch made a lot more sense once I saw the movies, lol.
Report Spam   Logged

My version of Bing search is out of date?
MNOP
Master of Smashing
WU R teh 1337

Lakkass is my gurl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 09:30:06 pm »

This is supposed to be Backdraft, not Debate..draft!

*Knocks over book case*
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 09:30:18 pm by Creepy Ghost » Report Spam   Logged

[/quote]
Blow me.
Squire Grooktook
Brain Fusion Recipient
Founding Member
WU Pwn

Hallowed be The Game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 10:44:38 pm »

On the other side of the spectrum movies do help to make more sense out of books. Some authors throw a bunch of **** into the book but when you see it visually you're like "Ooooooooh that's what was going on!". Example, movies like Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. I mean if I could try to visually imagine what JK Rowling was talking about in those books I'd probably be on a lot of acid.

Eh, I had Harry Potter read to me when I was like 8-ish and it made perfect sense. Even if I didn't think too hard about the rules of Quidditch.

And I read Lord of The Rings on my own when I was like 10-12. Seemed fine to me at the time. Read it again later when I was older and it was still fine.

Right now I'm reading The Count of Monte Cristo. Only part that has given me some trouble were the french names and titles getting mixed up in my head. But it's about sorted out now so I know what's going on.

Honestly, if you're going to read good books, you just need a little patience.
Report Spam   Logged

MNOP
Master of Smashing
WU R teh 1337

Lakkass is my gurl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 10:47:30 pm »

Eh, I had Harry Potter read to me when I was like 8-ish and it made perfect sense. Even if I didn't think too hard about the rules of Quidditch.

And I read Lord of The Rings on my own when I was like 10-12. Seemed fine to me at the time. Read it again later when I was older and it was still fine.

Right now I'm reading The Count of Monte Cristo. Only part that has given me some trouble were the french names and titles getting mixed up in my head. But it's about sorted out now so I know what's going on.

Okay, read Shakespeare, then watch Othello starring Anthony Hopkins and see if your brain doesn't let out a little queef. >_>
Report Spam   Logged

[/quote]
Blow me.
Paranoid71
I think I am, therefore I am. I think.
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

Clan: Art of Wii
PSN: I don't have it.
Xbox Live: I don't play it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 11:58:23 pm »

Shawshank is a novella, and it's 99% similar to the movie.  The movie is better in this case, by far.
Report Spam   Logged

Um, staunch evolutionist scientists will tell you there is no scientific evidence that evolution exists. 
Squire Grooktook
Brain Fusion Recipient
Founding Member
WU Pwn

Hallowed be The Game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 01:25:37 am »

Okay, read Shakespeare, then watch Othello starring Anthony Hopkins and see if your brain doesn't let out a little queef. >_>
I'v read quite a few Shakespear plays. And seen a few notable adaptations. But Iv never seen Othello before. I'll keep that recommendation in mind.

Although, to be fair. Shakespear is kind of a special case. Cause it's pretty hard to find language like that in anything written in the past 200 years.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 01:35:48 am by Squire Grooktook » Report Spam   Logged

MNOP
Master of Smashing
WU R teh 1337

Lakkass is my gurl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 11:03:01 pm »

I know, I love reading him. The interpretations I had from English professors blew my mind away at what a genius he was.  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

[/quote]
Blow me.
lightspeed_champion
Founding Member
WU Combatant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 07:25:24 am »

The puns can be a bit excessive though.
Report Spam   Logged

MNOP
Master of Smashing
WU R teh 1337

Lakkass is my gurl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2012, 10:31:16 am »

Every other sentence is a pun.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

[/quote]
Blow me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: