Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
March 29, 2024, 01:41:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

An in depth analysis of why Weed should not be legalized

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An in depth analysis of why Weed should not be legalized  (Read 1961 times)
Keihan
Founding Member
WU Pwn

Clan: The Fatal Five
PSN: CRPhobia
Xbox Live: KeihanF5

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 07:34:19 pm »

Yeah, a sober person probably would have kept his shet together, but I can see why your friend may have did what he did.

When you're high as a kite and a situation like that happens, you might get scared because you'd be thinking "why the hell did this guy just speed up super fast and screech his tires?"

You'd probably think you were in danger for whatever reason. Don't drive while you're on the moon, kids. Many people can keep their shet together, but some just get too anxious.
Report Spam   Logged

between the 3 of them or how ever many where there one of them could of got the gun and pointed it at him and told him to gtfo. Its that simple he would of left no one raped murdered lives saved so on and so forth daugher be eating her captain crunch the next morning
the KR3AT3R
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 07:45:30 pm »

When you're high as a kite and a situation like that happens, you might get scared because you'd be thinking "why the hell did this guy just speed up super fast and screech his tires?"
Yup.  I have to admit though, that we didn't stop laughing at the incident for a good 20 minutes, just thinking of the guy's reaction. 
Report Spam   Logged
Paranoid71
I think I am, therefore I am. I think.
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

Clan: Art of Wii
PSN: I don't have it.
Xbox Live: I don't play it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 08:34:19 pm »

tl;dr
Report Spam   Logged

Um, staunch evolutionist scientists will tell you there is no scientific evidence that evolution exists. 
MG Maxdaddy
WU Combatant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2012, 11:25:26 pm »

"I'd like to hear what your solution to this issue would be, as it could be a major issue. Individual packaging is an option, where people are able to purchase pre-made joints, bowls, and buckets."

"buckets" made me giggle.  That's the store I want to shop at.  "One bucket please"  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Paranoid71
I think I am, therefore I am. I think.
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

Clan: Art of Wii
PSN: I don't have it.
Xbox Live: I don't play it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2012, 11:28:16 pm »

Btw I live in SoCal now, weed should be legalized f'sho maaaaan
Report Spam   Logged

Um, staunch evolutionist scientists will tell you there is no scientific evidence that evolution exists. 
Permanent Poopface
Founding Member
WU Guru

Clan: vT

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2012, 11:28:45 pm »

I haven't read any of this topic but it simply won't ever be legal because pharmaceutical companies won't allow that to happen
Report Spam   Logged

Zero254
WU Combatant

Clan: Roll Tier
PSN: Cerebus254
Xbox Live: Cerebus254

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2012, 01:27:37 am »

Lot of the time people lace it with other stuff which makes them worse to try to "enhance" their high.

those people can go fly a kite.

Alcohol is legal, only a matter of time before weed is.

Anything and driving should be a no no though.
Report Spam   Logged

Don't look into my eyes
Keihan
Founding Member
WU Pwn

Clan: The Fatal Five
PSN: CRPhobia
Xbox Live: KeihanF5

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2012, 04:58:03 am »

I don't think people lace weed a "lot of the time". You lose money like that.

"Oh here, I'll sell you an eighth for an average price of an eighth, but I'll lace it with some **** and heroin." - No one ever
Report Spam   Logged

between the 3 of them or how ever many where there one of them could of got the gun and pointed it at him and told him to gtfo. Its that simple he would of left no one raped murdered lives saved so on and so forth daugher be eating her captain crunch the next morning
Zero254
WU Combatant

Clan: Roll Tier
PSN: Cerebus254
Xbox Live: Cerebus254

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2012, 05:21:32 am »

People do it all the time.

I  don't, but most of the people I knew that did do it laced that **** with everything known to man. **** Junkies some of my clients were when i fixed their stuff.
Report Spam   Logged

Don't look into my eyes
herman
WU Elite

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2012, 02:27:37 pm »

It should have never been made illegal, the wheels turn slow. They gotta iron out how to make the most money from it first
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 02:30:02 pm by herman » Report Spam   Logged
Food Library
WU Combatant

Clan: ZS

WAIT!! Don't shoot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2012, 04:30:01 pm »

I'm not saying that driving stoned is a good idea just that it should be treated like alcohol. In your own home it's fine but outside of that it shouldn't be legal.
Report Spam   Logged

Red Fatality
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2012, 05:05:00 pm »

No, I'm not kidding you. You have a right to your body. Nobody owns you.

Therefore, you should be able to do w/e you want with your body as long as you aren't harming another person. You should be able to smoke MJ, and use other drugs like her0in, alcohol, w/e your preference. You should be able to eat potato chips and ice cream. You should be able to sell your body for sex and not get arrested.

I don't recommend these things, but you should have the right.

" Keep in mind the government operates to help their citizens"
I don't think they have our best interest at all times.

I agree with everything but i do not want to see the harder drugs like pcp and **** legalized no ****ing way. Also i don't really agree with being about to sell your body for sex it would dumb down the women of this generation not to mention the amount of diseases that would be spread. Also im kind of old school sex should be something special between two people not something bought thats just my opinion.

I think weed should be legalized. Its not bad what so ever imo all it does is chill you out some pretty much just relax's your mood, beer is far worse imo. Way to many people are locked up because of it just seems silly to me. Also all of these ****ing mexican drug cartel that kill thousands of people and cut peoples heads off, feed people to lions and send the video tapes to their familys and **** over weed. You stick it too them by legalizing it, that is there money making crop you legalize it and that **** will stop drastically because they won't make nearly enough when its widely available. It wouldn't be worth it for them.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 05:09:21 pm by R e d » Report Spam   Logged
wtZzz
WU Elite

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2012, 06:21:38 pm »

uhhhhh wow, what a terrible argument by the OP.  In depth!?!?  You are a 13 year old scrub.

Legalized weed would create tons of revenue for the government.  And more importantly, this isn't about the government.  Who gives a laughing turd!.  The reason it should be legalized has nothing to do with taxes.  It should be legal because there is no reason for it to be illegal.  We are free men.  The drug has no major health risks.

Of course drunk driving laws will be applied.  They already are!  I'll tell you what, 99% of any DUI accidents I hear about are caued by alcohol, not weed.

Of course minors won't be able to buy it.

Of course you will not be able to smoke in public.  It will be just like alcohol.  You can not walk around and drink liquor (except in select counties). 

Basically, alcohol laws will apply to weed.

Weed will be sold at the supermarket, it will be sold and liquor stores, everywhere you can find alcohol.  "Camel Marijuana Cigarettes"
You will be able to buy pure joints, blended joints (weed and tobacco), edibles, etc etc, and it will be regulated by the FDA!   

You can GROW your own.  Just like you can GROW an apple tree.  Weed cultivation is NOT dangerous like alcohol production, hence no laws against it are neccessary. 

You have forgotten the biggest benefit of legalization!  It saves the government all the money it WASTES on the court and prison system that locks up small-time offenders!

Benefits:

1.  Destruction of the Mexican drug cartels
2.  Decrease in government legal and prison costs
3.  Increased tax revenue
4.  Health regulations on the product
5.  New industry brings a ton of new jobs (cultivation, administrative, sales, marketing, retail, infrastructure, etc etc)
6.  Small business growth

Sorry kiddo, the benefits absolutely, without a doubt, outweigh the cons.  Take your morals and old-man fears and shove em.  Your fear of a stoned guy walking on the street should not impact the rights of the entire country.

Laws will protect people from weed related crimes.  Offenders will be prosecuted, just like with alcohol.  A drunk is MUCH more volatile than a stoner.

Marijuana has every practical / logical reason to be legalized.

------------

If anything, the federal government should give power to the states to decide, who will then give counties / citys the ability to create ordinances that represent their population's wishes.
Report Spam   Logged
Baw
I assume, therefore I might be.
Founding Member
WU Pwn

Clan: Wu Tang
PSN: Nothing
Xbox Live: x Tha Bizness

I want to be the very best that no one ever was.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2012, 06:25:02 pm »

And more importantly, this isn't about the government.  Who gives a laughing turd!.  The reason it should be legalized has nothing to do with taxes.  It should be legal because there is no reason for it to be illegal.  We are free men. 
I love you.
Report Spam   Logged

dudedudedude for Moderator
WU Smash Yo Face

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2012, 06:39:15 pm »

Legalized weed would create tons of revenue for the government.

Sure thing Jim Cramer. But an increase in X revenue would lead to a decrease in Y revenue, ergo, it's not a huge boost to the economy.

And more importantly, this isn't about the government.  Who gives a laughing turd!.  The reason it should be legalized has nothing to do with taxes.  It should be legal because there is no reason for it to be illegal.  We are free men.  The drug has no major health risks.

Neither does insider trading, should that be legal too? No health risks and it ruins the economy, good plan. 

You can GROW your own.  Just like you can GROW an apple tree.  Weed cultivation is NOT dangerous like alcohol production, hence no laws against it are neccessary.

So now you have to find a way to tax this, otherwise people will just grow their own and the magic revenue you were talking about disappears. 

You have forgotten the biggest benefit of legalization!  It saves the government all the money it WASTES on the court and prison system that locks up small-time offenders!

You're assuming people will not participate in any illegal activity with regards to the drug. Big assumption there my friend.

You were an idiot 5 years ago, and not much has changed.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: