Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
April 19, 2024, 10:49:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

Quick intro

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick intro  (Read 934 times)
tommy290
WU Recruit

PSN: tommyboy290

View Profile WWW
« on: August 23, 2012, 09:21:31 pm »

Found this site from Mr. Pillow. Originally he came to the GameFAQs forum regarding Goldeneye Wii, which is basically why I started participating in gaming forums. Been playing GE since release, and only briefly had an affair with MW3 on the Wii. However, GE is less appealing for me now. Can't just play the same game forever. So I started looking around at the new games and there are basically two FPS coming out: BLOPS 2 and Warfighter. The CoD community makes me want to smash my face with a hammer, so BLOPS 2 is out. Warhammer looks sweet, but I gotta see how the people are before I commit.

You see, I'm an adult. I own a house, have been married 9 years, have kids, a career, and all the other fun adult stuff. I have little patience for squeakers (no offense if any of you fall into that category). Gaming is just a way to unwind and relax. I'm not competitive. I suck at video games. I've outgrown the need to swear like a drunken sailor and hurl racial insults at someone who's better than me. That stuff just makes the games no fun.

So, I'm happy to stick around if this is a good community. Looks like there are some big fans of MoH here, so I'm hoping to get some honest and accurate reviews of the game when it comes out. I apologize if I'm coming across as a pompous ass. I tend to do that sometimes. I just want to be honest. Don't want to waste anyone's time.  Afro

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Slaught3r
WU Smash Yo Face

Nintendo Network ID: slaughter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 09:39:17 pm »

Welcome to WU

Not many squeekers here, most everyone's set has dropped.  Afro   It's a diverse community that was into moh huge but has fractured over time waiting for that FPS which 20-30 of us can get together and rage.  There are 10 or so people playing MW3 Wii and a bunch of PS3 folks playing battlefield.  Hit the ally code threads if you want to play some time.
Report Spam   Logged

russell has it all accept the height but yet he is so smart and so determined thet he will become one of the top 10 qb's of alltime, bookmark it
CitizenSoldier3
The RPG Noob
WU Smash Yo Face

Clan: DP/NBK

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 09:53:47 pm »

Welcome  Afro
Report Spam   Logged

[img ]http://s1132.photobucket.com/user/Autumn200/media/TMNT_zpsd9b272a5.jpg[/img ]

Wise man say, "Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."
Mum
WU Peacemaker
WU Guru

Clan: OG

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 09:54:18 pm »

Welcome to the site.

There are many adults here, well, not all of them act like adults, but they are here:)

So you have the wii?  I have an xbox and love FPS.  Shooting people helps me unwind Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

CitizenSoldier3
The RPG Noob
WU Smash Yo Face

Clan: DP/NBK

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 09:56:05 pm »

I thought hitting kids with a wooden spoon helps a mom unwind  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

[img ]http://s1132.photobucket.com/user/Autumn200/media/TMNT_zpsd9b272a5.jpg[/img ]

Wise man say, "Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."
Mum
WU Peacemaker
WU Guru

Clan: OG

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 09:56:42 pm »

Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Cadillak
Global Moderator
WU Guru

PSN: lakkus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 11:00:17 pm »

Welcome to the site. You sound like a perfect fit around here dude. I lot of us are in the same boat with family and kids and what not. There are still people playing Wii, but most of us play PS3 or 360 now. But, we will play the Wii from time to time.

Most of us old farts frequent  the All Seeing Eye board so that's a good place to start lurking besides the game boards you are interested in.

Only rules are don't be a doosh and no pron. Enjoy. Smiley

Hit me or any other mod or admin up if you need anything.
Report Spam   Logged
Supes
Official Summer Upper
WU Smash Yo Face

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 11:47:34 pm »

Hola. be a real man and get a ps3
Report Spam   Logged

Name: SuperBadChick
Classification: Rogue
Primary Combat Style: Ranged
Secondary Combat Style: Stealth

Bio: The way SBC approaches combat may be seen by some to be cowardly or dishonorable, but in reality SBC deals strictly with what is practical.  After all, the best way to not be impaled by a broadsword is to be out of its reach entirely.

Instead of meeting her foes head-on, SBC prefers to use a bow and arrows to fell her enemies from a (safe) distance.  For those occasions lacking a sufficiently large battlefield, SBC uses her knowledge of the magic arts to cloak herself in shadow and flanks her targets, quietly slitting the throats of the men in the back of enemy lines with her silver dagger.  Should the situation become too hostile for a lightly armored warrior such as herself, she will flee from the battlefield and live to fight another day.  After all, a dead warrior is no use to anyone.

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

PSN: Turboweasle

Turboweasle: everyone's favorite speedy rodent

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 12:03:25 am »

Good to have you here.  We've got a decent amount of adults here with the same mindset as you.

I'm personally really into co-op games.  If you've got Left 4 Dead, Portal 2, or anything like that, I'm your guy.
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
Anti-Noob Fortress of Veteraness Council Member
~Turboweasle~

I NEVER squeeze my jubblies, so that stuff wouldn't work for me.
Tiger
honrary abmin
WU R teh 1337

Xbox Live: TIGERSHARK27

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 12:43:08 am »

Welcome to the site Tommy.
Report Spam   Logged

thanks Tiger, now i can say **** without getting random asterisks.

R.I.P. MoHH2 11/13/07 - 8/11/11
the KR3AT3R
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 05:07:33 am »

Sup dude. Lakkus likes peepee.
Report Spam   Logged
Slaught3r
WU Smash Yo Face

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 05:47:22 am »

+1

Sup dude. Lakkus likes peepee.
  +2
Report Spam   Logged

russell has it all accept the height but yet he is so smart and so determined thet he will become one of the top 10 qb's of alltime, bookmark it
tommy290
WU Recruit

PSN: tommyboy290

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 08:01:29 am »

Hola. be a real man and get a ps3

I've got a PS3. I just don't have any FPS games for it, aside from Resistance 1 and 2, which I doubt can be played online any more. GE for the Wii was based on my love for Goldeneye on N64. I think that's why a bunch of people got it. The community skewed to the older side, so it was fun. Met lots of cool people. But you can only play a game for so long before it loses its entertainment value.

What will be interesting is playing a FPS on a "real" console. Although the Wii is fun, the hardware and networking is crap. I'm sure there's still problems with online games on a PS3, but I'm hoping they're not as prevalent.
Report Spam   Logged

Cadillak
Global Moderator
WU Guru

PSN: lakkus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 11:21:09 am »

Online on the PS3 is waaaaaay better. Most of us play battlefield now. Some play cod, lol.

But, last night I tried out the new Counter Strike Global Offensive game. There is a free trial you can download to check it out. I had a blast and bought it for less than 12 bucks add soon as the trial time limit ran out. Plus, it supports the Move controller. I'll play it using the Move tonight to sees if its been implemented well at all. I'm thinking this might be my new moh replacement. It was pretty awesome in the hour I played last night... awesome enough to make me impulse buy it at 3am.
Report Spam   Logged
Slaught3r
WU Smash Yo Face

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 07:26:39 pm »

^

Talk to me, FPS with the MOVE?  Please update.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: