Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
March 28, 2024, 05:39:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

Hard Drive Transfer

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hard Drive Transfer  (Read 146 times)
Tiger
honrary abmin
WU R teh 1337

Xbox Live: TIGERSHARK27

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2012, 09:49:23 pm »

Has anyone ever done one of these before?  My Xbox 360's lens reader stopped working and since the console's from 2009, I don't really want to bother sending it in to be fixed, so I was thinking of buying a new one.  Has anyone ever done a hard drive transfer before, and would you know if it works between an old hard drive, and the new slim hard drives, since they are a different shape /possibly different input/outputs?
Report Spam   Logged

thanks Tiger, now i can say **** without getting random asterisks.

R.I.P. MoHH2 11/13/07 - 8/11/11

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Skeletoncrow
WU Elite

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 09:40:22 pm »

I am pretty sure that it does work between old and new hard drives BUT what I would recommend is using the old harddrive in the new xbox so that you don't have to buy the stupid overpriced transfer cable. My old xbox ( bought it on release ) got red rings for the 2nd time in December so I bought a new 4GB slim. I didn't realize at the time that the 4GB isn't considered a hard drive so some features are unusable such as downloading from xbox marketplace and rendering clips in Black Ops but it does have a slot to put in a hard drive. I asked around if anyone knew if I could somehow use my old hard drive in the new xbox cause if I just tried putting it into the hard drive slot it wasn't fitting due to the outer casing of it. What you can do and what I did is break the casing off of the hard drive, it is literally there for no reason besides to make it look more uniform instead of just metal. Once you break it off you can put it into the xbox 4GB slim. Hope it works out! If you can't figure out how to do it look it up on youtube, im sure you can find videos on it or even ask your friends if they know how. I got lucky cause one of my friends did it for me.
Report Spam   Logged

"It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul."
-William Ernest Henley's 'Invictus'
Zero254
WU Combatant

Clan: Roll Tier
PSN: Cerebus254
Xbox Live: Cerebus254

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 09:08:47 pm »

All you need to do is a license transfer and then plug the 360 hd into the new xbox.

If you are getting a slim, you need a newer transfer kit. And still requires the license transfer for dlc unless you wanna sign into your live every single time you want to do something.

If you don't, it will show up as a trial game.

I recommend what they al so recommended if you don't want an over priced kit. Take the old hd out of the casing, and put it into the new xbox.
Report Spam   Logged

Don't look into my eyes
Tiger
honrary abmin
WU R teh 1337

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 03:03:26 pm »

I actually want a new hard drive because my current 60 GB one is completely full.  I've already had to uninstall nearly $100 worth of DLC just to have some of the other DLC usable.  I'm thinking of just buying a new Slim with a 250 GB hard drive so space will no longer be an issue.

Where is the best place to find a transfer kit?  EB Games (Gamestop)?  Future Shop?  Best Buy?
Report Spam   Logged

TH3 NAZ1
WU Smash Yo Face

Clan: Nazi
PSN: SpRayZz-N-PrAyZz
Xbox Live: Don't have one.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 12:16:54 am »

I actually want a new hard drive because my current 60 GB one is completely full.  I've already had to uninstall nearly $100 worth of DLC just to have some of the other DLC usable.  I'm thinking of just buying a new Slim with a 250 GB hard drive so space will no longer be an issue.

Where is the best place to find a transfer kit?  EB Games (Gamestop)?  Future Shop?  Best Buy?
Probably EB Games Tiger. But it also depends on the price so maybe Best Buy.
Report Spam   Logged

PSN: SpRayZz-N-PrAyZz
*gets joker a bong*
Zero254
WU Combatant

Clan: Roll Tier
PSN: Cerebus254
Xbox Live: Cerebus254

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 05:25:32 am »

ebay is better.
Report Spam   Logged

Don't look into my eyes
Tiger
honrary abmin
WU R teh 1337

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 07:51:15 am »

I bought it for $25.00 at EB Games (Gamestop) a few months ago.  Wasn't disappointed.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: