Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
April 16, 2024, 05:55:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

Childhood memories.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Childhood memories.  (Read 857 times)
Autumn1194
« on: November 11, 2012, 03:46:53 am »

We all remember those songs, The ones you would jam out to in the backseat of the car, the ones you would try to sing and end up butchering the whole song in the process, the ones that you would listen to over and over again till your parents were sick and tired of them. I know I do, every time I hear one on the radio or from my iPod I have flashbacks of the good ole days  Cry Cry I don't like growing up.

I have a lot but these are my favorites that bring back the most memories.

Whenever my uncle would play offspring on the stereo in his room at my grandparents house I would beg him to let me listen to it with him, he never let me in room because I would destroy his Linkin logs but he there were a few times he did, I would sit in there on his bed and listen while he played Twisted Metal on playstation he never let me play though.  Undecided
For years I thought the numbers Spanish really went uno dos tres cuatro cinco cinco seis, like 5 and 6 were the same Tongue

Everytime I hear this song I automatically think of being in my carseat in the backseat of my moms cherry red toyota. This song would come on the radio constantly and everytime it came on she would look back at me with her eyes all big and I would say "turn it up"  then we would both start singing as loud as we could! looking like major dorks, but we didn't care Tongue

In my eyes my Grandma was the coolest person ever, I would never leave her side, everytime she would be outside doing yard work I would be right there doing my best to help her out, everytime she would leave to go to
the store to buy groceries I would go with her and ride on the front of the cart, she always took me when she'd go have coffee with my aunt. it seemed like we were always together. (: She was my best friend.

I remember my mom would work nights at the hospital and my dad would be asleep ( should never wake him up when he's sleeping ) and I'd have a bad dream or something and wake up crying, I'd always go get the phone and call my grandma and she would comfort and talk to me until I wasn't scared anymore. Embarrassed

Her and I had a song that we liked to call our "theme song" because all we did was take care of business when we were together.  (:

when I was 8 she was diagnosed with cancer. I didn't fully understand what that meant at the time all I knew is it was bad. My mom and my uncles were total messes, it seemed that they were crying non stop, but I never did, the only reason I cried was because my mom was crying and I hate to see her sad. I guess I figured my Grandma was invincible and no cancer could bring her down... but I was wrong, after she started doing chemo she lost all her energy, she would go from her bed to the couch and that was pretty much all, but no matter where she was I was right there next to her, watching the price is right snuggled up by her all cozy and whenever she needed a drink or something I was more than happy to run to the kitchen and grab it for her.

My mom checked me out of school one day to go to the hospital, the cancer had gotten worse and nothing was helping it. She told me that Grandma was getting more and more sick and we needed to spend time with her. That night me and my mom slept at the hospital, I slept in the bed with my grandma and my mom slept on the chair that was by the bed.
My mom woke me up the next morning because I had school, I didn't want to leave and we ended up getting into a big fight. My mom went out to start the car because it was cold and it needed to warm up and left me in the hospital room crying, I remember my grandma called me over and gave me a big hug and a kiss and told me that she wasn't going anywhere anytime soon and that I need to go take care of business at school, I said, "Ugh, alright grandma, I love you, I'll see you after school" but when I got home from school I found out she had passed away.

Now everytime I hear that song, I think of her and all the stuff we did together.  Cry Cry

what are some songs that bring back memories for you?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

MsTrixie13
WU Smash Yo Face

PSN: Mrs-Trixiee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 03:38:05 pm »

Wow!! Cry i know what u mean.... we're growing up too fast.... there are so many songs i have to write em down....
Report Spam   Logged
Autumn1194
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 07:35:52 pm »

You should,  Cheesy

at least someone acknowledges my topic  Cry
Report Spam   Logged
MsTrixie13
WU Smash Yo Face

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 10:19:30 pm »

I remember when i was living in Korea i was pretty young.... but when my dad was a life guard he would play this over and over.... we would swim when the pool was already closed.... we have a party out there and dare each to jump off the diving board as much as we could... i almost fainted >_< anyways here's the song..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2B6SjMh_w&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This.song reminds me of MoHH2 when i was playing while listening to the radio. It always played alot so it has great memories to it... at least for me (:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg54LnbEPvA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This song reminds me of my ex boyfriend ( that i wasn't supposed to have ) -_- L o L we were very close but my dad found out Cry Cry </3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaBpYDgW84M&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Report Spam   Logged
Autumn1194
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 10:34:18 pm »

Haha, Your dad was a lifeguard  O: and I love that first song! thanks for reminding me about it (:
Report Spam   Logged
GeneralGrant
WU Pwn

Xbox Live: Incubxs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 12:58:09 am »

well i have many memories of minus the bear but i remember waking up to this song every morning last year and listening to it on the way to school in the car with my sis which was probably the only year i've actually enjoyed of school so far

i remember playing fifa 07 on my ps2 while borrowing my brothers ipod and i'd have this song on repeat all the time! still listen to gorillaz often, even bought a sweet shirt of theirs a month ago  Afro

used to sit outside my sisters bedroom while she did homework and listened to third eye blind and remy zero. haha i LOOOOOVED this song and always will Smiley

not sure exactly what it is but anytime a loved one passes away this song goes on repeat for at least a week where i'm listening to it as much as possible. not really a childhood memory i guess since i found this song about a year ago but has a lot of memories with it.

Report Spam   Logged

try touching it then licking it

Lol... i'm scared what you might do to me... but... do me do me!! Cheesy <3
MsTrixie13
WU Smash Yo Face

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 10:45:34 am »

The last song sounds good..... i didn't like the scream in the beginning... Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged
GeneralGrant
WU Pwn

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 09:50:01 pm »

The last song sounds good..... i didn't like the scream in the beginning... Embarrassed
then don't bother listening to any of their music. do me a favor though and mute this video and read the lyrics. then after you've seen at least a few minutes start it over and umute it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5ZlDC5qETE&feature=relmfu

you didn't seem to be trashing this type of music or anything but this is a PRIME example i like to show to people who are incredibly ignorant and try to say "that music is for emos" or "if i could understand what they're screaming it'd be something like 'I WANT TO KILLLLLLLLL....I WANT TO DIEEEEEE' and stuff like that" again, i don't think you thought that but i just felt like i needed to say it before anyone makes a stupid comment about **** bands.
Report Spam   Logged

Autumn1194
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 09:54:14 pm »

O: that was a nice rant, Grant!  Afro lol
Report Spam   Logged
GeneralGrant
WU Pwn

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 10:14:02 pm »

haha yeah i'm not saying gg13 was making anything other than an opinion on the sound but i just want to make sure someone doesn't make a stupid comment about some type of **** music when they don't quite understand what they're talking about. i don't like to group or put things in genre's but there IS a very fine line between all types of **** music that people don't see as there and therefore make an ignorant opinion or judgement about it.
Report Spam   Logged

GeneralGrant
WU Pwn

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 10:18:13 pm »

basically music is music. listen to what you like and let others listen to what they like. feel free to make opinions on the sound but it frustrates me so much when people decide to make their opinions some type of reality. i'm not even discussing this with anyone i guess so i'll stop being annoying but anyways music is amazing Cheesy and it brings memories and feelings that we all love to get in touch with  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Autumn1194
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 10:24:50 pm »

true that
Report Spam   Logged
Tiger
honrary abmin
WU R teh 1337

Xbox Live: TIGERSHARK27

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 04:37:38 am »

Too long, didn't read or listen, but do you listen to Wolves At The Gate Grant?
Report Spam   Logged

thanks Tiger, now i can say **** without getting random asterisks.

R.I.P. MoHH2 11/13/07 - 8/11/11
Autumn1194
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 04:50:21 am »

Lazy
Report Spam   Logged
Tiger
honrary abmin
WU R teh 1337

Xbox Live: TIGERSHARK27

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 04:54:56 am »

Uninterested.
Report Spam   Logged

thanks Tiger, now i can say **** without getting random asterisks.

R.I.P. MoHH2 11/13/07 - 8/11/11
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: