Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
March 28, 2024, 01:15:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

DMC

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DMC  (Read 191 times)
¤Saucelot¤
Liter of SoL
Administrator
WU Pwn

Clan: Sons of Liberty [SoL]
Xbox Live: AtThatHardScope

Two Scoops Please, thanks.

View Profile WWW
DMC
« on: January 13, 2013, 11:25:06 pm »

Just played the demo for like 5 minutes, and I'm definitly going to get it later today, let you know more how it is.

So far the controls seem very precise, quick, fluid.  And i like the artistic style of it.

Not sure where they are going with the story, its definitly a different DMC universe, dante is introduced to his brother Virgil in an underground group out to fight some demon order or something like that.  Apparently they are Nephilim ( same species as the horseman ? ), and there father was a demon, and mother was an angel.  In past DMC games, there mother was a human right? 

Anywho, i wont tell any spoilers, learned all this from the demo and intro.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

Clan: Dragon Boys

Maldita mi duda fue fatal.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 01:19:32 pm »

Yeah I hear this one is a bit controversial because of all the changes they made. Doesn't this one run at 30 fps while the others run at 60 frames? Does that slow the combat down?

I think making big changes shouldn't realy be a big deal if those changes make for a better game and they can still keep the games soul in tact.
Report Spam   Logged

¤Saucelot¤
Liter of SoL
Administrator
WU Pwn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 02:13:26 am »

Yeah they definitly made some big changes to the story, a little different setting. I guess I could compare it to the zelda universerse and its sequels, where roughly the same characters and bad guys are in it, they have the same goals in mind, just different story elements and combat n looks, n dante doesn't have spiked white hair Afro

As for the Fraps idk, combat didn't seem like it had any slowdown, nor did it look choppy so idk.  I'll fill u in more, im gona pick it up later today, got the dates wrong yesterday.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 05:56:48 pm »

I just played the demo and thought it was pretty cool. My problem is that it's all pretty new to me since I've never played any of the previous games. There's a ton of combination you can pull together but I kept on pressing the wrong buttons in my confusion. The best score I got for style is C, *golf clap*. 
Report Spam   Logged

Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 05:58:53 pm »

I see one of you lugnuts censored IoI
Report Spam   Logged

Termin8or
WU Pigskin Pick'em Champion
WU Guru

Clan: WtF

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 06:00:05 pm »

I got a pretty good idea who it was.....but it's funny  Cheesy  he also played with Term hahahaha
Report Spam   Logged

¤Saucelot¤
Liter of SoL
Administrator
WU Pwn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 06:22:41 pm »

Haha what turns into golf clap? It wasn't me, i dont remember any of the censoring thing lol.

The whole combination with the R and L triggers and the controller config is diffferent than the old DMC's.  Just bought it, havent played it though, visiting my family n having a few 40 oz w. my bro. 

Also, the order is the name of the underground group that dante joins, and Vergril is the leader of them.  Apparently in this vergil was adopted by a wealthy family and has used his assets to rid the world of demons, while dante was raised in orphanages and group homes, in trouble with the law.
Report Spam   Logged

¤Saucelot¤
Liter of SoL
Administrator
WU Pwn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 07:32:41 pm »

The story is definitly a lot more polished, it has a different feel than the storylines of the previous.  Cant say yet which way i prefer, this one is a little more somber at times.  But when DMC3 came out, i loved that effing game, the combat, the cutscenes, everything was just perfect for me at the time.

All in all, it is definitly a capcom made DMC game, the combat has had some subtle upgrades, nothing crazy just polished really.  Moving around the levels platforming wise is a little different than previous DMC games but nothing crazy for the genre.  Doesn't mean bad, just similar to say the grappling hook thing in batman arkham city, and the grappling hook thing in darksiders 2.   I've only gotten to mission 7/20 so far mind you.

I'd say its definitly worth checking out if your a DMC fan, if you play other hack n slash like prototype, darksiders, arkham city, its a solid game but might not be groundbreaking like im hoping MGRising Revengeance is.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: