Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
March 28, 2024, 01:34:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

Battlefield 4 leaks (updated 6/9 with alpha pics)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battlefield 4 leaks (updated 6/9 with alpha pics)  (Read 644 times)
Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

Clan: Dragon Boys

Maldita mi duda fue fatal.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2013, 04:29:10 pm »

@Crzy and GH
Yeah, that's why I'm split about it. It was a ton of content for only $50. The thing is, I don't think that all of it was good quality. Armored Kill was probably the worst thing even and I could have easily done without it and maybe Close Quarters. I would have liked it if we were told up front what exactly we were paying for. I bought it anyway but thought it was dumb to be paying for something that I didn't know everything that was included.

Then you have all the guns. I loved all the new guns that they had available. The Aug is one of my favorite guns ever. I would have preferred it if they were sold separately from Premium as well without having to pay for the maps that I don't want.

@Turbo, yeah they said specifically that you'll be able to bring entire buildings down and blow walls apart like BC2 but they're not letting you destroy everything altogether. I think the reason for that is they want to keep a bit of map structure. If everything could be leveled then you might as well play in an open field with no cover or interesting map pieces. Also it looks like they're going with a much bigger scope. I doubt the engine could support every single thing being destructible.

Report Spam   Logged

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

PSN: Turboweasle

Turboweasle: everyone's favorite speedy rodent

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2013, 04:32:25 pm »

@Turbo, yeah they said specifically that you'll be able to bring entire buildings down and blow walls apart like BC2 but they're not letting you destroy everything altogether. I think the reason for that is they want to keep a bit of map structure. If everything could be leveled then you might as well play in an open field with no cover or interesting map pieces. Also it looks like they're going with a much bigger scope. I doubt the engine could support every single thing being destructible.

Right, and that's fair enough.  Even if the extent of the destruction is just having the ground floor collapse and the second floor stay somewhat preserved (but fallen down), I'd be happy.
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
Anti-Noob Fortress of Veteraness Council Member
~Turboweasle~

I NEVER squeeze my jubblies, so that stuff wouldn't work for me.
Hound, Grey Hound
WU Pwn

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2013, 08:18:48 pm »

As for the destruction, I have to say I think I know what they were going for in Bf3.  Kind of like Lego pieces.  it seemed almost everything could be damaged or destroyed but not obliterated.  In BC2 it was fun because it was like WWII air raids: total destruction. In Bf3 it seems more targeted.  It you wanted to blow up a window and the building, you had to do it separately.

I agree with LT, if you could obliterate everything then it would be an open field.

For the record, I liked destruction in BC2 better.

And, I actually liked the close quarter maps and conquest. But, I haven't played them much anymore because I like more players not just 8v8.

And, And, one complaint about the DLC: It seemed in every package, the maps were the same set up pretty much, just different skin.  In other words, all the Close Quarters maps played almost the same, All the aftermath maps played almost the same etc.
Report Spam   Logged
JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

PSN: Jabbanero
Xbox Live: JabbaScript

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2013, 01:45:04 am »

Some info on classes:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Going into Battlefield 4, we knew we wanted to take the four playable classes from Battlefield 3 as a starting point. We’ve tweaked them to be more versatile and more highly specialized within their fields. Now more than ever, you can explore a wide range of combat roles and sub-roles when picking your load out and kit.

For example, this time around the Engineer has a lot more variation in anti-vehicle weapons. We’ve also revamped the way we do vehicle disables and guided weapon systems to give the Engineer a broader set of tactics at his disposal. This includes everything from high damage weapons that may be more challenging to use (like RPG-7V2) to fire-and-forget smart weapons with low damage (like the MBT LAW), and the fan favorite Wire Guided Engineer Missile (the FGM-172 SRAW) that you might recognize from Battlefield 2.

The Support kit has a few more offensive options,  and thanks to community feedback will retain his C4 and Claymores from Battlefield 3. The XM25 gives him some nice indirect suppressive fire, a redesigned remote mortar allows him to use indirect fire from a distance, and the ability to equip carbines and DMRs gives him an added versatility in combat roles.

Recon has gotten a much needed boost to mobility, as well as the return of the Spec Ops play style from Battlefield 2. Pack a carbine, C4 (or Claymores), and Motion Sensors and you’re good to go behind enemy lines. Fans of more traditional sniping roles will enjoy our revamped sniping mechanics with rebalanced Sniper Rifles, the ability to zero your sights (set an aiming distance), and additional optics and accessories. Finally, the Recon players can still utilize the MAV, T-UGS, and Radio Beacon to help out their team.

Assault is still the frontline run-and-gun kit that also serves the role of combat medic. This was one of the major changes in Battlefield 3 compared to Battlefield 2, and one that players have really appreciated. Assault is still the go-to kit with med kits and defibrillators but has picked up some additional mobility with the First Aid Pack, which heals a single soldier over time, or the 40mm Flash Bang rounds to help clear rooms.

Some new info on specializations:

You pick a set path of four upgrades which unlock in order as you perform squad actions like resupplies, repairs, healing, and following orders.

Each of the playable kits: Engineer, Recon, Assault, and Support, have four upgrade careers to choose between. Two of these are global and usable for any kit – one of them focusing on Offense and one on Defense.

Offense starts with SPRINT and goes through AMMO, MORE GRENADES, and REDUCED FALL. These give you quicker sprint speed, more available ammo magazines, one extra hand grenade, and allows you to fall from greater heights without taking any damage, respectively. This universal upgrade path is great for players who enjoy being at the front lines and leading the charge.

Meanwhile, the Defense path will net you ARMOR, COVER, FLAK, and QUICK REGEN. These grant you increased protection from shots to the chest, a decreased rate of being suppressed, decreased damage from explosions, and a shorter time span before the out-of-combat health regeneration kicks in. If you are more defensive-minded, perhaps playing as Support from the sidelines, this can be an excellent choice.

Besides the two universal Offense and Defense Field Upgrade careers, you will also be able to choose between two upgrade paths that are unique to your class and allow an increased specialization in specific combat roles. So while the Assault kit has the unique Combat Medic and Grenadier upgrade paths, Engineer can choose between specializing in the roles of either a Mechanic or Anti-Tank soldier. The first of these is all about repairing your own vehicles, while the latter deals with taking out enemy armor.

While the path you choose will allow for different types of roles on the Battlefield, you’re never stuck with your first choice for the rest of the round. Whenever you wish, you can simple reselect. Doing this will never set you back in your current level of progress, so if you’re currently at level three out of four, you will keep that level and have it applied even if you change kit and/or upgrade path from the customization screen. Should you choose to leave a squad without entering a new squad, your current progress will be saved. So if you later in the same round join a new squad, you won’t have to start from scratch.

We have greatly increased the number of unique specializations available in the game from Battlefield 3’s seven to over 25 in Battlefield 4. It’s a conscious design decision to allow for greater variety in any kit’s battlefield role

Some details on Squad cooperation:

One of the main quests for the team when developing Battlefield 4 was to create a more mobile Battlefield. Squad players became very mobile in Battlefield 3 and we saw a gap where some of the more team play focused gadgets required players to sit still. We adjusted this by tailoring the kits, the gadgets, and the available specializations.

As far as gadgets go, we’re allowing for stronger team play on the move by introducing all-new gadgets like the Portable Laser Designator, and adding new portable First Aid and Ammo Packs. These packs now allow Assault and Support players to top off a single teammate’s health or ammo on the move, while the traditional Ammo Box and Med Kit keep their stationary area heal and resupply roles. In the case of the Portable Laser Designator, it’s designed as a SOFLAM for the Recon on the run – allowing you to quickly laser designate targets without the longer setup time of a SOFLAM (with the tradeoff of not being able to deploy it and have it auto-designate targets for you.)

Also some info on Suppression:

Suppression will return in Battlefield 4, but we’re redesigning it based on your extensive feedback while keeping the intense feeling of being under fire that a system like Suppression provides.

We’re increasing the suppression effect of Light Machine Guns, exclusive to the Support kit, while other weapons are less suppressive. Additionally, we’ve decreased suppression at close range to ensure that close quarters battles always focus sharply on player skill. Besides changing the visual effects of suppression, we’re also replacing the accuracy penalty in Battlefield 3 with a scope sway effect – similar to what snipers get in Battlefield 3 while suppressed. A skilled, focused player can keep his aim on target and get hits, even while under the effects of Suppression.

Overall, we believe we have a great-performing suppression system in Battlefield 4 that doesn’t interfere in close quarters combat, while at the same time allowing for skilled players of the Support kit to really make a difference. Laying down covering fire as Support means your frontline runners can gain a crucial momentum in medium-range combat and still allows you to combat the improved long-range options we’ve given players who prefer to stay back at long range.

Hopefully the bold text makes it easier to find key details.
Report Spam   Logged

3DS FC:  2638-0027-7848
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: