Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
March 29, 2024, 08:26:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

Ugh...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ugh...  (Read 293 times)
the KR3AT3R
« on: June 03, 2013, 09:50:36 am »

I know I sound bitchy, but suck a giraffe pen0r, EA/DICE!  If BF4 doesn't play out well then you can kiss my ass, because all faith will be lost in you.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/dice-confirms-battlefield-bad-company-series-is-not-in-active-development/
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Autumn1194
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 11:04:13 am »

Get cod ghosts  Kiss
Report Spam   Logged
Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

Clan: Dragon Boys

Maldita mi duda fue fatal.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 06:22:17 pm »

Battlefield 3 is a good game. My opinions on it keep changing the more I play it and most of it is because I absolutely love the gun play.
Report Spam   Logged

the KR3AT3R
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 06:40:44 pm »

I like everything about BF3 but the controls, still.  And maybe the spawns & integrity of tanks, but that's the least of my complaints.
Report Spam   Logged
Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 07:09:47 pm »

All of those things are pretty much the same in both games. BF3 just has a higher gun damage model and a lot of recoil. BC2 was very forgiving if you took a pistol into an assault rifle fight but BF3 penalises you for using the wrong gun on the wrong occasion but even then, you can still take people out with a small pistol if you put yourself in the right position to do it, which is what Battlefield is about.

You can't run around like you could in BC2.
Report Spam   Logged

the KR3AT3R
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 09:04:30 pm »

Not to me.  The feel between the two there is a stark difference. I've played a ton more recently and I believe I've figured out what the problem is.  The sensitivity seems a bit too high when ADS and too low otherwise.  So you crank up the sensitivity so you can run and turn corners effectively, but when you ADS during a gunfight yiu tend to over compensate which leads to more spraying, IMO.  If only they incorporated a screen to adjust both sensitivities (remember MWR?) then it would have been better.
Report Spam   Logged
Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 09:25:56 pm »

Only thing you can try is going into the PS3 menu, into the accessory settings I think, and set your "mouse speed" to slow. Other than that it's something you're supposed to get used to.
Report Spam   Logged

the KR3AT3R
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 09:39:42 pm »

So you're saying there's a "mouse speed" and a "sensitivity" option?  >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 10:15:50 pm »

No, there's just a mouse setting in the main PS3 settings. For some reason it was found that it has an effect on your ADS in game several months back before the patch that fixed the input lag problem.

It may or may not help. Aside from that it's really something you get used to.
Report Spam   Logged

the KR3AT3R
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 10:19:32 pm »

Oh, don't get me wrong, I got used to it and still maintain above 1.5 kdr so I'm actually better than BC2, I just do it uncomfortably. 
Report Spam   Logged
Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 08:55:11 pm »

Another problem you have based on your stats is that you mostly use PDW's. Those are fine in close quarters but any fights medium to long you are going to lose flat out. It doesn't matter if you put 4 or 5 rounds into a guy at long range, the damage drop off at those ranges will make you lose.

Your #1 weapon is the PDW-r which has alright damage for a pdw but only has a rate of fire of 750. Again, these are close quarter only weapons and what you want is a fast shooter. The P-90, M5k and AS-Val all shoot at 900 rpm bringing their time to kill down in comparison.

Try using some of the Assault rifles with the medic class, which also brings the benefit of healing yourself if you're not squaded up with good medics.
Report Spam   Logged

the KR3AT3R
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 09:32:15 pm »

Unfortunately I only play TDM/SDMm. Aren't they considered CQ maps? Huh?

Also unfortunate is that (everyone already knows this about me) I don't diversify very easily.  Once I find what I'm comfortable with then I stick with it, so trying assault would put me out of my comfort zone.  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 09:51:23 pm »

Close quarters doesn't really depend on the mode, it depends on the map. I noticed while looking at your stats that you played one round on Caspian Border. Regardless of what game type you were playing, that is a long distance map, not something you want to be using those pdws.

If you're playing on a map and it has a lot of long, straight lines of sight, it's a med-long range map which makes pdws a bad choice for most playstyles. If there are a lot of corners to go around, using a pdw like the m5k, which a lot of people like because of the rate of fire, will be a good choice. In that case you'll also do good in using a laser because it reduces hip fire spread.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: