Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
April 18, 2024, 10:44:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

Getting an Xbox One? (Changed Policy Info)

Poll
Question: Are you planning on getting an Xbox One now that E3 is over?
Yes - 1 (5.6%)
No - 17 (94.4%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting an Xbox One? (Changed Policy Info)  (Read 1919 times)
Squire Grooktook
Brain Fusion Recipient
Founding Member
WU Pwn

Clan: I WALK ALONE AND CHOOSE MY OWN PATH
PSN: Groucho2

Hallowed be The Game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2013, 02:12:07 am »

I understand the reasoning behind most of what Microsoft is doing, and it had to be done eventually, but I still don't think I can support it.
So you think that drm so insane that you can't even play your own damn games if you don't have your internet hooked up for microsoft to baby sit you is something that "had to be done eventually"?

If that's the future of gaming, I want no part of it.
Report Spam   Logged

Tiger
honrary abmin
WU R teh 1337

Xbox Live: TIGERSHARK27

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2013, 02:50:38 am »

It is the future of gaming, sad as it is.  As much as we complain, and I agree that it's stupid, 95% of the people complaining have internet connection 24/7.  Only very few would it even affect.

I do think that the online "no-sharing" policy is dumb though, because a ton of their sales come from friends borrowing games to other friends.  Most of the games I own are because I borrowed it first.
Report Spam   Logged

thanks Tiger, now i can say **** without getting random asterisks.

R.I.P. MoHH2 11/13/07 - 8/11/11
Squire Grooktook
Brain Fusion Recipient
Founding Member
WU Pwn

Clan: I WALK ALONE AND CHOOSE MY OWN PATH
PSN: Groucho2

Hallowed be The Game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2013, 03:55:36 am »

It is the future of gaming, sad as it is.  As much as we complain, and I agree that it's stupid, 95% of the people complaining have internet connection 24/7.  Only very few would it even affect.
No. I will not tolerate this, and neither should you. Neither should you resign to it being fate.

I am not paying 50 ****ing dollars for a game, just so it can be revoked at any time or denied access to it because I've moved away from my internet or there's a power outage or some bull****. I will not buy any system that has anything like this on it, and I hope you nor anybody else will support such things.

Maybe I'm old fasioned, but when you buy something, it's so you OWN it. This isn't a damn amusement park ticket where your paying for the privledge to access their rides. If I'm going to pay good money for a game, I should be able to take it to a damn desert island and not have to worry that it's gonna be yanked out of my hands by the internet strings the developers tied to it.

I mean for ****s sake, Steam has bull**** drm that can ban you from your own games, but at least it has a damn offline mode so you can play when you don't have your internet up or could use to keep playing your games if you were banned from Steam. Geez. And even with that, I'm going to be buying all my most treasured games from Desura, Gog, retail, etc. so that I can look into the games folder on my laptop with pride and know that I bought the games, I supported the developers, and I can take them to a desert island if I wish because they don't have some male cattle dung drm self destruct wired into them if your internet goes offline.

Like I said, if this is the future of gaming, then I'm not gonna be there.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 04:05:13 am by Squire Grooktook » Report Spam   Logged

the KR3AT3R
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2013, 05:02:25 am »

Good rant, would read again.   Afro
Report Spam   Logged
Tiger
honrary abmin
WU R teh 1337

Xbox Live: TIGERSHARK27

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2013, 07:49:35 am »

No. I will not tolerate this, and neither should you. Neither should you resign to it being fate.
I'm not really tolerating it, which is why I voted to not buying the Xbox One, I'm just trying to look at both sides of the coin.  I'm still with Sony on this one.
Report Spam   Logged

thanks Tiger, now i can say **** without getting random asterisks.

R.I.P. MoHH2 11/13/07 - 8/11/11
Termin8or
WU Pigskin Pick'em Champion
WU Guru

Clan: WtF

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2013, 09:40:38 am »

I am not paying 50 ****ing dollars for a game, just so it can be revoked at any time or denied access to it because I've moved away from my internet or there's a power outage or some bull****. I will not buy any system that has anything like this on it, and I hope you nor anybody else will support such things.

Maybe I'm old fasioned, but when you buy something, it's so you OWN it. This isn't a damn amusement park ticket where your paying for the privledge to access their rides. If I'm going to pay good money for a game, I should be able to take it to a damn desert island and not have to worry that it's gonna be yanked out of my hands by the internet strings the developers tied to it.

I mean for ****s sake, Steam has bull**** drm that can ban you from your own games, but at least it has a damn offline mode so you can play when you don't have your internet up or could use to keep playing your games if you were banned from Steam. Geez. And even with that, I'm going to be buying all my most treasured games from Desura, Gog, retail, etc. so that I can look into the games folder on my laptop with pride and know that I bought the games, I supported the developers, and I can take them to a desert island if I wish because they don't have some bull**** drm self destruct wired into them if your internet goes offline.

Like I said, if this is the future of gaming, then I'm not gonna be there.

I've always had a similar rant about games that require you to complete levels, etc. in order to unlock future levels. It's not that I can't play through and open everything up, it just pisses me off that I can't go straight to a level that I may want to play or use a certain character, etc. If I bought the game then I damn well better be able to play every part of it with no restrictions. That's always pissed me off because I don't always have enough time to play through everything....
Report Spam   Logged

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

PSN: Turboweasle

Turboweasle: everyone's favorite speedy rodent

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2013, 11:02:31 am »

So you're not a fan of Mario games, I take it?
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
Anti-Noob Fortress of Veteraness Council Member
~Turboweasle~

I NEVER squeeze my jubblies, so that stuff wouldn't work for me.
Termin8or
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2013, 11:21:35 am »

Exactly!!! Lol. Actually I like them but I **** about having to unlock stuff that I've paid for
Report Spam   Logged

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2013, 11:29:27 am »

That's reasonable I guess.  I can't really sympathize since my life is full of free time (and will be for at least the next year).  I like the sense of progression through success, but that probably doesn't mesh well with busy people and hard levels.
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
~Turboweasle~

Termin8or
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2013, 11:35:14 am »

It's like this, I can guarantee that anyone that loves to complete levels would still complete every level even if all levels and characters were open to start with. You will do it to prove that you can and will have fun doing it. So, my thought is that by opening it, nobody is losing anything. The proof I have of that is that people will go back and replay levels that they have already beaten....or replay entire games.

And yes, I know about your free time  Tongue You don't have to rub it in  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2013, 11:45:38 am »

(smirk)

I just hate seeing things that might spoil upcoming levels, especially if it's a story-driven game.  Like, for instance, if The Last of Us had a chapter selection screen where you could hop into the game at any point, I'd probably hate it as I could potentially see the next few chapters' images and might spoil something for myself.

It's a minor complaint and could easily be fixed, but it's my worry with those things.  That's not to contradict what you're saying though, because obviously that's the case.
Report Spam   Logged

~Turboweasle~

Termin8or
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2013, 11:49:59 am »

Yes I agree, that is a possibility and I wouldn't like that either, but I think that could be fixed like you said.
Report Spam   Logged

The Krazy One
The Nintendo Guy
Administrator
WU Pwn

Clan: TaKeOver
Nintendo Network ID: TKrazyO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2013, 12:13:13 pm »

So you don't like the majority of games out there? That's all I'll say about it.
Report Spam   Logged

"Use the pain of loss! The power comes in response to a need, not a desire!"

"The power comes in response to a need! You have to create that need!" -Goku, Dragonball Z
DoubleGunz
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

PSN: DoubleGunz

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2013, 12:21:46 pm »

Unlocking things is fun.

Also, people are heavily overreacting to X1. It's inevitable.
Report Spam   Logged

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2013, 12:24:07 pm »

Wait, how are they overreacting?
Report Spam   Logged

~Turboweasle~

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: