Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
April 20, 2024, 08:58:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

PS4: 1080p

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PS4: 1080p  (Read 248 times)
Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

Clan: Dragon Boys

Maldita mi duda fue fatal.

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2013, 08:12:36 am »

THIRTY FRAMES PER SECOND We last gen now.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hands-on-with-playstation-4

**** this. I knew they weren't going to make the 1080p/60fps goal. I'm building that PC instead of getting the PS4 now.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

PSN: Turboweasle

Turboweasle: everyone's favorite speedy rodent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 08:52:40 am »

You will not be able to tell the difference in 30 FPS and 60 FPS.  Just letting you know.
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
Anti-Noob Fortress of Veteraness Council Member
~Turboweasle~

I NEVER squeeze my jubblies, so that stuff wouldn't work for me.
Keihan
Founding Member
WU Pwn

Clan: The Fatal Five
PSN: CRPhobia
Xbox Live: KeihanF5

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 11:05:32 am »

You will not be able to tell the difference in 30 FPS and 60 FPS.  Just letting you know.

I can't tell
Report Spam   Logged

between the 3 of them or how ever many where there one of them could of got the gun and pointed it at him and told him to gtfo. Its that simple he would of left no one raped murdered lives saved so on and so forth daugher be eating her captain crunch the next morning
DoubleGunz
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

PSN: DoubleGunz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 11:44:30 am »

No big deal
Report Spam   Logged

Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 08:51:52 pm »

Well, I'm not gonna call you insane, but I do disagree with you. I think the difference between 30 and 60 fps is not only there, but highly apparent. It's not just a visual thing either. Faster frame rates allow for tighter controls so it does directly affects gameplay.

This might not help my case since you guys can't really see a difference, but watch these two videos. One is in full 60fps and the other is from Youtube, which caps at 30 fps. There is a very clear difference for me. Make sure you have at least a 60 hz monitor though, otherwise you really won't be able to see the diff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUfp7LvxNwU&list=FLvHtEkC1NPbdC7c1eCupsnQ&index=1

http://gamersyde.com/stream_devil_may_cry_pc_gameplay_1-29276_en.html
Report Spam   Logged

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 10:11:47 am »

Sure, when you're watching videos looking for a difference you'll find one.  But when you're playing the game, as long as you're getting at least 30 FPS, you won't be able to tell.  Your eyes and brain are excellent at adapting to lower framerates.  They "fill in" missing information based on a whole slew of information, like position of objects, speed of those objects, and direction those objects are moving in.

The only problems occur when framerate is variable on a large scale, i.e. dropping from 120 FPS to 60 or 60 to 30 suddenly.  Otherwise there isn't an issue.
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
~Turboweasle~

DoubleGunz
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

PSN: DoubleGunz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 10:33:59 am »

I must admit I have always felt like the Battlefield games look much slower and less fluid than Call of Duty does, which I have always assumed is because of the fps difference.

...and by look I mean feel, mainly.
Report Spam   Logged

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 10:44:45 am »

That's just how the games play.  BC2, for example, has slower gameplay than BO2 simply because the games are structured differently.  You're expected to accomplish something during a life in BC2 and are given plenty of opportunities to save yourself should you take fire.  Being seen by the enemy before they see you isn't necessarily going to result in a death, especially if you're the more skilled player.  Since firefights can last a while in BC2, the gameplay is slower and your character doesn't move as quickly.  By contrast, BO2 is about trying to kill someone before you die, meaning lives are short and quick.  The gameplay reflects this fact by being faster and more fluid, since speed is pretty much everything in CoD.
Report Spam   Logged

~Turboweasle~

Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 04:36:25 pm »

That's just how the games play.  BC2, for example, has slower gameplay than BO2 simply because the games are structured differently. 

No it's pretty much only on consoles which can only run BC2 and BF3 at 30 fps max. I mean, there is a definite feeling of bulk but even then on PC movement is a lot more fluid. That's a lot more apparent in PC BF3. PS3 BF3 feels and definitely looks slow while on PC it's an entirely different experience.

And I'm going to have to disagree with you that it's something I wouldn't notice while playing. Playing CoD is a night and day difference to me in how it runs visually but even more in how it handles, and I don't even think it's a locked 60 on PS3. You're definitely right in that fluctuating frames/sec is a bigger issue, but 30 vs 60 fps is a big difference in performance too. For me, it's a big enough deal that it's not being pushed as the new standard.
Report Spam   Logged

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 04:49:57 pm »

That's just how the games play.  BC2, for example, has slower gameplay than BO2 simply because the games are structured differently. 

No it's pretty much only on consoles which can only run BC2 and BF3 at 30 fps max. I mean, there is a definite feeling of bulk but even then on PC movement is a lot more fluid. That's a lot more apparent in PC BF3. PS3 BF3 feels and definitely looks slow while on PC it's an entirely different experience.

He was comparing CoD and Battlefield.
Report Spam   Logged

~Turboweasle~

Cadillak
Global Moderator
WU Guru

PSN: lakkus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 01:39:43 am »

... I swear I just read that CoD Ghosts will run at 1080p and 60 fps after a little system update on PS4.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: