Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
March 29, 2024, 12:31:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

How do you view new posts?

Poll
Question: I click on...
The board where the topic is, then the topic itself - 15 (60%)
The "View the most recent posts on the forum"/"Show unread posts since last visit." button - 9 (36%)
Both - 1 (4%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you view new posts?  (Read 1534 times)
Termin8or
WU Pigskin Pick'em Champion
WU Guru

Clan: WtF

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 02:47:45 pm »

what "is" the idea anyway?
Report Spam   Logged

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

PSN: Turboweasle

Turboweasle: everyone's favorite speedy rodent

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 02:53:20 pm »

Is this topic here because of what I said a few days ago about some video I hadn't seen and you overreacted over it? Huh?

No, and I didn't overreact over it.  I said that WU was dying because people saw taking 5 seconds of their time to read a new post or post something of their own as too much of a time commitment.
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
Anti-Noob Fortress of Veteraness Council Member
~Turboweasle~

I NEVER squeeze my jubblies, so that stuff wouldn't work for me.
The Krazy One
The Nintendo Guy
Administrator
WU Pwn

Clan: TaKeOver
Nintendo Network ID: TKrazyO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 03:15:20 pm »

That's fine. People read topics but not everyone is interested in discussing that topic. In my case I was only really going to check out the video and not post in the topic at all.
Report Spam   Logged

"Use the pain of loss! The power comes in response to a need, not a desire!"

"The power comes in response to a need! You have to create that need!" -Goku, Dragonball Z
Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 03:19:03 pm »

That's fine. People read topics but not everyone is interested in discussing that topic.

Which has nothing to do with what I said.
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
~Turboweasle~

Autumn1194
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 03:20:06 pm »

I don't think that's the case... I think everyone would post, they just don't want to make the content themselves.

I think I proved that for the last two days. I posted a few times in many different topics and the next day when I woke up almost every topic had something new in it  Undecided and it stayed that way for most the day. I know most of it was spam, but it was discussion and that's what this place needs most right now.
Report Spam   Logged
Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 03:22:26 pm »

Yep.  People want the place to be active, and they want to see content they like, but they rarely ever make the effort to provide content they like.
Report Spam   Logged

~Turboweasle~

The Krazy One
The Nintendo Guy
Administrator
WU Pwn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 03:38:57 pm »

That's the problem with expecting the members to make content. Like Autumn said, most people here or the people that were here but left probably participated in topics more than making the topics themselves. When those people try, they usually aren't that successful (i.e. Kreater, ps358).

The easiest way to sum that up is that it's easier said than done.

I also wanted to add that some people like to read discussions without posting in them themselves.
Report Spam   Logged

"The power comes in response to a need! You have to create that need!" -Goku, Dragonball Z
Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 03:49:47 pm »

The easiest way to sum that up is that it's easier said than done.

It's really not that hard.  Autumn probably spent 10 minutes making those initial topics/posts and look at the participation she got.

And yes, some people have a harder time making successful topics.  But that's happened to all of us who make topics regularly.  Sometimes your post/topic doesn't have what people want and sometimes it does.

I also wanted to add that some people like to read discussions without posting in them themselves.

Which is why WU is dying.  There's nothing with that behavior in itself, but it is exactly why the site has barely any activity.
Report Spam   Logged

~Turboweasle~

Autumn1194
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2013, 03:50:47 pm »

Easier said than done?  Shocked I don't think it's that hard to show interest in every topic this site has. I try to post in Ps3's topics and Kreater's topics.

Honestly, I think it should be the staffs job to make sure every topic gets activity. I know that sounds a bit ridiculous, but as a staff aren't you supposed to be the ones that care about this site the most?
Report Spam   Logged
Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2013, 03:55:56 pm »

Honestly, I think it should be the staffs job to make sure every topic gets activity. I know that sounds a bit ridiculous, but as a staff aren't you supposed to be the ones that care about this site the most?

Yep.  See my repeated attempts to get that happening.
Report Spam   Logged

~Turboweasle~

Termin8or
WU Pigskin Pick'em Champion
WU Guru

Clan: WtF

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2013, 04:37:25 pm »

I don't think that's the case... I think everyone would post, they just don't want to make the content themselves.

I think I proved that for the last two days. I posted a few times in many different topics and the next day when I woke up almost every topic had something new in it  Undecided and it stayed that way for most the day. I know most of it was spam, but it was discussion and that's what this place needs most right now.

You're welcome  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

The Krazy One
The Nintendo Guy
Administrator
WU Pwn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2013, 05:03:52 pm »

So post in topics that I'm not interested in to get people to post in them. Got it!  Afro
I know I'm wrong already so post why I am wrong.

I hope to have some great discussions happen within the next few days.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Autumn1194
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2013, 05:26:47 pm »

In the mod application it asks what the job of a moderator is, but I don't think any of the current staff can even answer that question.

You said yourself that there isn't really anything to be modded on this forum, so I'm just wondering what you think your job is as global moderator?

When I read the responses to the mod applications (including my own), I was kinda shocked. Everyone saying the position of global moderator is basically just a prestige thing now days, and that it shouldn't be granted to people that post a lot. I think that was part of the reason why I wasn't chosen the first time I submitted one.

Maybe it is just a prestige thing to you guys, But I actually care about this place and I want it to be popular like it was, way back when.
Report Spam   Logged
the KR3AT3R
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2013, 05:30:50 pm »

Why do you keep saying "guys"?  Who else are you addressing? Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Autumn1194
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2013, 05:31:31 pm »

all of you
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: