Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
April 18, 2024, 01:33:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

A preview of possible layout changes (CHANGES MADE)

Poll
Question: What do you think of the proposed changes?
Fine with me - 11 (78.6%)
I don't like it because... (Must provide reason) - 0 (0%)
Stop changing the site's layout you hyperactive chimps (please don't call us that) - 2 (14.3%)
Other (elaborate in a comment) - 1 (7.1%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A preview of possible layout changes (CHANGES MADE)  (Read 1728 times)
The Krazy One
The Nintendo Guy
Administrator
WU Pwn

Clan: TaKeOver
Nintendo Network ID: TKrazyO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2013, 12:14:38 pm »

I'm fine with it I suppose. Though I'd change "Current Titles" to "Video Games" or something like that and take the board description off of the Wii U / Wii board.

With this, I'm also wondering where the handheld topics will go.
Report Spam   Logged

"Use the pain of loss! The power comes in response to a need, not a desire!"

"The power comes in response to a need! You have to create that need!" -Goku, Dragonball Z
¤Saucelot¤
Liter of SoL
Administrator
WU Pwn

Clan: Sons of Liberty [SoL]
Xbox Live: AtThatHardScope

Two Scoops Please, thanks.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2013, 01:15:33 pm »

We Could always throw handhelds at the bottom of the Current Titles, and yeah i like the Idea of changing Current Titles to something else too.  What else could we call it besides videogames lol
Report Spam   Logged

The Krazy One
The Nintendo Guy
Administrator
WU Pwn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2013, 01:24:42 pm »

I was thinking "Gaming Discussions" but I honestly think the Gaming News board should be called that or the General Gaming Discussion board.
Report Spam   Logged

"The power comes in response to a need! You have to create that need!" -Goku, Dragonball Z
Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

PSN: Turboweasle

Turboweasle: everyone's favorite speedy rodent

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 09:15:09 am »

Changes are now going into effect, please be patient while I move things around.
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
Anti-Noob Fortress of Veteraness Council Member
~Turboweasle~

I NEVER squeeze my jubblies, so that stuff wouldn't work for me.
Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2013, 10:17:19 am »

I think I've finished moving everything around.  It's a little bit longer than the preview because I needed two more genre boards (racing and fighting), but aside from that it's pretty much the same.  Let me know if you can't find anything or thing something should be moved somewhere else.
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
~Turboweasle~

¤Saucelot¤
Liter of SoL
Administrator
WU Pwn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 03:16:29 pm »

I definitely like the layout a lot better.  We went down from 25-26 boards i think to 18 now, which is good.  I would still like to compress it even more.
Report Spam   Logged

The Krazy One
The Nintendo Guy
Administrator
WU Pwn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2013, 04:41:23 pm »

You know how the Wii U / Wii board has a description? You should at least put a similar description for the Sony board. That one Vita owner needs love too (DG). Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 04:42:51 pm »

I definitely like the layout a lot better.  We went down from 25-26 boards i think to 18 now, which is good.  I would still like to compress it even more.

Yeah I was a little disappointed that it was still as large as it is, but I figured we'd need to put fighting games and racing games there too.  What do you think?

You know how the Wii U / Wii board has a description? You should at least put a similar description for the Sony board. That one Vita owner needs love too (DG). Undecided

Alright, I'll do that as soon as I finish editing this video.
Report Spam   Logged

~Turboweasle~

The Krazy One
The Nintendo Guy
Administrator
WU Pwn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2013, 05:02:10 pm »

Also, do you think you could change the label of the "Current Titles" board to "Game Boards"?
Report Spam   Logged

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2013, 05:03:47 pm »

I agree we need to change it, but since it has system boards as well what if we called it "Gaming Boards" instead of just "Game Boards"?
Report Spam   Logged

~Turboweasle~

The Krazy One
The Nintendo Guy
Administrator
WU Pwn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2013, 05:05:55 pm »

Maybe that's a better name for it. Go with that then.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

Clan: Dragon Boys

Maldita mi duda fue fatal.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2013, 05:20:36 pm »

Wow, the site looks great. A lot leaner for sure. I do disable sigs and the emoticons so the PS3 doesn't have to load them but it was still pretty slow before the change. It's much faster now. Not as fast as on the PC but still a noticeable decrease in load time.
Report Spam   Logged

¤Saucelot¤
Liter of SoL
Administrator
WU Pwn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2013, 06:21:10 pm »

Gaming Boards sounds fine, I hear ya on it steel feeling bulky though.  I agree though we cant just not put those genres in there. 

I didn't have any great Ideas, I think there were a few things.  I dont really know all that much about the wonderful world of IRS and NDS, but it seems like a spam board, and the un-seeing eye is a spam board also so maybe we could put those together. 

Also, perhaps we could put feeback, welcome to WU, and free talk into one board.  Call it Feedback, Introductions, and Log-in Problems or something like that.  Or put them in one and have the other 2 be child boards idk.  Just another though. 

This would cut the number of boards down to 15. 
Report Spam   Logged

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2013, 06:39:45 pm »

I didn't have any great Ideas, I think there were a few things.  I dont really know all that much about the wonderful world of IRS and NDS, but it seems like a spam board, and the un-seeing eye is a spam board also so maybe we could put those together. 

The difference was that NDS's board was really a way to contain NDS being NDS, away from everything else.  It had, uh, "limited" success.  But since he's not here anymore I don't see any problem with  merging that board with the USE.

Also, perhaps we could put feeback, welcome to WU, and free talk into one board.  Call it Feedback, Introductions, and Log-in Problems or something like that.  Or put them in one and have the other 2 be child boards idk.  Just another though.

I'm not sure on this one.  I'd like to hear other peoples' thoughts.
Report Spam   Logged

~Turboweasle~

¤Saucelot¤
Liter of SoL
Administrator
WU Pwn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2013, 02:29:03 pm »

Thanks for the input lol.  Bump.

So you think we oughta put the spam boards together then for sure?

Also, another thing we should do something about at some point.  A few other big genres that we dont have are like third person shooters, strategy games, sports games, and platformers.  Maybe some aren't big here yet, but we still should include them in the future.  We could do like RPG's, MMO's, MOBA's, Strategy games in one board, what to call it though.  I think we could definitly put Racing and Sports into one board. 

Idk, what do you think?  I definitely dont want to expand the front page again lol.  I like it now. 

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: