Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
March 28, 2024, 06:40:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

Lightsaber mod.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lightsaber mod.  (Read 248 times)
Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

PSN: Turboweasle

Turboweasle: everyone's favorite speedy rodent

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2013, 03:20:44 pm »

Aka best decision I've made in recent memory:

They're faster than normal weapons, they do more damage, and they make that iconic "woosh" sound when you swing them and the "zswha" sound when you unsheath it.  Basically the coolest thing ever.

Awesome though that may be, though, it's scenes like this that keep me coming back to Skyrim:

It's a damn beautiful game.
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
Anti-Noob Fortress of Veteraness Council Member
~Turboweasle~

I NEVER squeeze my jubblies, so that stuff wouldn't work for me.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kreater
Global Moderator
WU Pwn

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 04:10:41 pm »

That's damned humping awesome man.  I miss Skyrim.
Report Spam   Logged

Autumn
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 04:15:38 pm »

That's pretty awesome. I like when games add cool stuff like northern lights... Or is that a mod too?
Report Spam   Logged
Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 04:28:00 pm »

That's damned humping awesome man.  I miss Skyrim.

I've been on a Skyrim kick recently.  Even though I've logged like 130 hours into it on Steam alone (not counting the time I spent on it on PS3), I find new stuff to do every time I play it.

That's pretty awesome. I like when games add cool stuff like northern lights... Or is that a mod too?

Nope, that's part of vanilla Skyrim.  And that's just on High graphics quality, you should see it on Ultra High.
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
~Turboweasle~

Kreater
Global Moderator
WU Pwn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 04:37:41 pm »

Aside from needing the credit for it, the only reason I could find for not wanting it anymore was because of the long load times.  (Plus lil K saved one of his files over my main one that had like 600 hrs on it.)   Cry
Report Spam   Logged

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 04:41:51 pm »

The load time problem is one exclusive to the PS3, unfortunately for those who play the PS3 version.  Bethesda has admitted that that version was just godawful, and they've done practically nothing to fix it with patches.

On the PC, assuming you have a mid-line gaming rig like I do, loading times are practically nonexistent.  Sometimes they won't even load the image + text because the load time is so short.
Report Spam   Logged

~Turboweasle~

Tiger
honrary abmin
WU R teh 1337

Xbox Live: TIGERSHARK27

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 06:46:50 pm »

Just another reason I want to buy a powerful PC -- mods.  They're just so expensive. Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged

thanks Tiger, now i can say **** without getting random asterisks.

R.I.P. MoHH2 11/13/07 - 8/11/11
Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

Clan: Dragon Boys

Maldita mi duda fue fatal.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 07:00:18 pm »

Just another reason I want to buy a powerful PC -- mods.  They're just so expensive. Embarrassed

Do you have the peripherals already or would you have to buy them all? You could put something together for pretty cheap actually. You can play at 1080p resolution at lower quality, which is still pretty good on many games.

Bethesda has admitted that that version was just godawful

Really? Sauce?

Anyway, I want to play Skyrim again too. I looked at the price on Steam and unfortunately I couldn't justify buying it again. The game was great to **** away your time and relax but yeah, load times were abysmal on PS3.
Report Spam   Logged

Tiger
honrary abmin
WU R teh 1337

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013, 07:09:38 pm »

I don't even have my own desktop.  I have a laptop that was bought for the sole purpose of running Microsoft Powerpoint and Word for college.  If I do play a PC game, it's on my dad's desktop, which he wouldn't let me alter.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 08:33:02 pm »

Hm. Well, putting together a pc really isn't too expensive but when you have to buy all the peripherals it might get a little bit pricey. But then again, you don't exactly hvae to go for the very best. Low-Medium grade stuff can still give you a good experience. What I'm trying to get to is that a pc can be a worthwhile investment. It might cost a lot of money but these days people get a lot of use out of their computers. Also, when your pc starts to slow down or age, it's just an upgraded part or two away from being more up to date.

I understand that they are sometimes prohibitively expensive. Hopefully you can save some money up and build a nice rig.

Also, good to see you again man. I hope you're doing well and hopefully school is coming along nicely too.
Report Spam   Logged

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 03:10:08 pm »

Anyway, I want to play Skyrim again too. I looked at the price on Steam and unfortunately I couldn't justify buying it again. The game was great to **** away your time and relax but yeah, load times were abysmal on PS3.

It usually drops to like $15 on Steam sales.  Might even drop to $10 for this coming winter sale.
Report Spam   Logged

~Turboweasle~

Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 05:12:50 pm »

does that include any of the dlc?
Report Spam   Logged

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 06:23:19 pm »

Don't think so.  But I'm expecting the DLC to go on sale as well.
Report Spam   Logged

~Turboweasle~

Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 09:00:59 pm »

well, i'll have to see how far back im set after black friday. going to be buying a monitor for my pc and want to have the best i could find for a reasonable amount. If I can find anything that's 120hz for less than $200 (good luck huh) i'm going to jump on that fast.
Report Spam   Logged

Tiger
honrary abmin
WU R teh 1337

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 09:15:15 pm »

You can find prices like that if you order online.  I did that, and have a beautiful 24" 144hz monitor for $320.00.  3D, high contrast ratio.  It's great.  The HDMI cable I bought online cost me $1.50.  Things are often cheaper online, even with shipping and handling.  The HDMI cord I saw at Future Shop was $35.00.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: