Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
April 18, 2024, 07:31:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

BF4 open beta

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BF4 open beta  (Read 1669 times)
Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

Clan: Dragon Boys

Maldita mi duda fue fatal.

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2013, 07:49:21 pm »

well to each his own. i do have to disagree with you on the increased recoil. If anything it's a lot easier to manage, especially the support lmgs. as for the support ammo, well, not a lot of people have unlocked it yet. Regardless, it is a bit of headache. I'm sure that it'll be remedied once people play a few hours in the final release.

Can't really criticize the graphics either. PS3 is really old and outdated tech and BF4 is one of the most technically advanced games yet.

But again, it's all good man. If it's just not your cup of tea, then i'll just invite you to a soda the next time. Afro
Report Spam   Logged

Red Fatality
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2013, 08:58:09 pm »

the recoil was alot less imo bf3 the **** was all over the place
Report Spam   Logged
Permanent Poopface
Founding Member
WU Guru

Clan: vT

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2013, 09:24:42 pm »

I actually like recoil in games, makes it more realistic and harder to get good at
Report Spam   Logged

JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

PSN: Jabbanero
Xbox Live: JabbaScript

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2013, 11:25:32 pm »

It's really just the combination of all those things. Anyway I'm sure I'll get it on PC whenever I save up enough for one.
Report Spam   Logged

3DS FC:  2638-0027-7848
jd111
WU Master

Clan: OG, Dead Rabbits
PSN: the_jd111

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2013, 11:26:19 am »

they are making this for the ps4 as well right? I don't want to waste money on the ps3 version
You can buy the PS3 version, and then upgrade for $10 if you get a PS4.
Report Spam   Logged

PSN: The_jd111
jd111
WU Master

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2013, 11:39:02 am »

Also, I'm enjoying this so far- when I get a chance to play it. As for the textures being horrible (jabba), it's obvious that they didn't release the fully-rendered code. That's why some of the objects in the distance (non-scoped) aren't visible until you get closer.

Besides the freezing and rendering limitations, I like this game and will probably get it for PS3. The only thing that annoyed me is the reconfiguration of the buttons. Hopefully they'll allow you to customize this in the real release.
Report Spam   Logged

Permanent Poopface
Founding Member
WU Guru

Clan: vT

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2013, 12:03:19 pm »

thank you

they are making this for the ps4 as well right? I don't want to waste money on the ps3 version
[/q
uote]

Report Spam   Logged

JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2013, 03:46:24 pm »

Also, I'm enjoying this so far- when I get a chance to play it. As for the textures being horrible (jabba), it's obvious that they didn't release the fully-rendered code. That's why some of the objects in the distance (non-scoped) aren't visible until you get closer.
I'm not too confident in that. BF3 for PS3 honestly didn't look much better than this, and if EA has learned anything from releasing a beta it's beta = demo. I doubt they released an actual WIP beta knowing casuals will treat it as a demo and decide not to purchase because of that.
Report Spam   Logged

jd111
WU Master

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2013, 05:56:58 pm »

There were a lot of code bugs in the BF3 beta that weren't in the release version (e.g. swimming under the ground).  I think these betas are to test how their engine is affected by online traffic. I could be wrong.  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2013, 06:57:37 pm »

I actually like recoil in games, makes it more realistic and harder to get good at

I completely agree. I really like that BF3 had a lot of recoil and I like it about this game too.

There were a lot of code bugs in the BF3 beta that weren't in the release version (e.g. swimming under the ground).  I think these betas are to test how their engine is affected by online traffic. I could be wrong.  Undecided

Yeah, that's the official reason they give us but Jabba is right in that it's a demo because casuals don't understand the concept of a beta. The thing is that this beta actually runs pretty damn smooth in my opinion. It is lacking some stuff and it does freeze quite a bit, but compared to the BF3 beta, this is really smooth. And again, you're right about the final bf3 release didn't have a lot of bugs that were in the beta.

I don't really think graphics will improve much but I'm okay with how it looks on the PS3. Honestly, the machine is tapped out so you're not going to get anything more out of it. In any case, what we are playing now is not the final build. A little while back a bunch of Youtubers were invited to play a build that was further along than this one. We have an older build because Microsoft and Sony require certification and that takes a while.
Report Spam   Logged

JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2013, 05:40:44 am »

I think that's the only reason they release a beta at all. It might stir up a little hype but traffic is the main thing. I don't know if that's what caused those glitches. I really hope so, because how the hell could they miss those bugs..
Report Spam   Logged

Crzy
No Mercy
Founding Member
WU Pwn

Clan: R3D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2013, 12:42:07 pm »

I think that's one of the main reasons they even bother with a beta...what good is destruction and new gameplay tweaks, if people are falling through the map or the system crashes constantly. I know people think "Oh it's only 1 month away from the real release, they can't change anything" but what LT says is true...this build honestly looks like a pre-E3 build TBH.

PS3's version doesn't even have all the skyscraper interior on the Rooftop B Flag like you see in every other E3 gameplay. I know most E3 footage is PC and PS4 but you can't tell me the PS3 can't handle some chairs, counters, and tables. >.> Not to mention the textures with the dust looking like Wii graphics.

For what the beta is, it's pretty good on PS3. The hit detection is pretty spot on, gameplay seems to go smooth, no real game-breaking glitches, and it handles the tower destruction pretty well. Still don't understand their control changing choices or how the Scout choppers don't damage Tanks anymore, but ah well...I'm sure that'll be different on the REAL version for PS4. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Crzy15a/123549019111_0_ALB.jpg
Streaming BF4 every day at: twitch.tv/crzy89
Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2013, 06:14:11 pm »

I'm sure that'll be different on the REAL version for PS4. Tongue

PS4. Tongue

>_>

I wish you guys would take the plunge and build a pc too. It's a tall order to ask but I think it'll be the best platform going forward. I'm still getting a PS4 actually, but that won't be for at least a year.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2013, 06:31:10 pm »

Hey guys, apparently the new mode Obliteration is available to play on consoles too. Anyone want to squad up for that? It looks really fun.
Report Spam   Logged

jd111
WU Master

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2013, 09:52:34 pm »

I'm up for it.   Afro
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print