Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
April 20, 2024, 06:33:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

So, IW themselves say "CoD players aren't **** games, or even gamers."

Poll
Question: cant post a regular thread ok
lul - 1 (25%)
cuz u suk - 3 (75%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, IW themselves say "CoD players aren't **** games, or even gamers."  (Read 1192 times)
CitizenSoldier3
The RPG Noob
WU Smash Yo Face

Clan: DP/NBK

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 08:00:32 pm »

I need a better hobby, there is times where I lose track of time and can play 10 hrs+ straight  Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged

[img ]http://s1132.photobucket.com/user/Autumn200/media/TMNT_zpsd9b272a5.jpg[/img ]

Wise man say, "Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."
Crzy
No Mercy
Founding Member
WU Pwn

Clan: R3D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2013, 08:11:13 pm »

You guys are mixing up the game and player categorizing. IW is saying they don't feel "CoD players" meaning those guys that ONLY play CoD and nothing else, aren't ****. To them, a "hard core" gamer is someone that ventures out into ALL genres of gaming like Fighters, RTS, Racers, etc. So they know their core audience isn't the "HC" gamer, but more of the casual gamer that only sticks to their comfort zone with one game.

They're not saying players can't be "hard-core like" when playing CoD. We all know there are people out there spending 5+ hours on CoD every night for months. You see it all the time when the games barely release; someone will be at a weeks playtime within the first 24 hours. But to IW(and probably most of the gamer public), these players are still casual because they don't venture out into other genres that are apart of GAMING.

tl;dr CoD by itself is a casual game and IW feels the ones that ONLY play CoD(no matter how many hours they put into it) are still casual players of GAMING altogether.
Report Spam   Logged

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Crzy15a/123549019111_0_ALB.jpg
Streaming BF4 every day at: twitch.tv/crzy89
Termin8or
WU Pigskin Pick'em Champion
WU Guru

Clan: WtF

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2013, 08:16:08 pm »

I'm discussing the wiki definition of HC, the topic changed
Report Spam   Logged

Crzy
No Mercy
Founding Member
WU Pwn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2013, 08:17:38 pm »

And if my last post is confusing, I'm basically viewing it like this: ANYTHING can have casuals and hard-core people. Let's take sport watching for example...Person A likes to watch Baseball and only Baseball. Person B likes to watch anything and everything. Person A is more of the casual sport viewer and Person B is what you would consider the hard core sport watcher.

Person A even though he's the casual viewer, he can still be a hard core BASEBALL fan by knowing every team and all the player stats by heart. However even though he knows all of this and watches everything Baseball, he's still a casual viewer in the bigger picture.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

Clan: Dragon Boys

Maldita mi duda fue fatal.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2013, 08:18:16 pm »

I was offering my own personal opinion of what casual and hardcore are. It seems like Crazy and I might agree though.
Report Spam   Logged

Crzy
No Mercy
Founding Member
WU Pwn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2013, 08:23:24 pm »

Yeah PS3s view is the one that's seeing the smaller picture. Just because someone puts hours of time and knows everything about COD, they're still a casual GAMER. They're just being a hard core PLAYER. That's what IW is saying; even though they know they have hard core players, in the grand scheme of things these players are still casual gamers.
Report Spam   Logged

Termin8or
WU Pigskin Pick'em Champion
WU Guru

Clan: WtF

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2013, 08:24:03 pm »

Yeah, I was interpreting the wiki definition and I find **** gamers hilarious
Report Spam   Logged

Ps358
WU Guru

Xbox Live: xKratic FTW

I'm Kilometer Peter

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2013, 08:49:16 pm »

Yeah PS3s view is the one that's seeing the smaller picture. Just because someone puts hours of time and knows everything about COD, they're still a casual GAMER. They're just being a hard core PLAYER. That's what IW is saying; even though they know they have hard core players, in the grand scheme of things these players are still casual gamers.
I can agree with that.
Report Spam   Logged

nice auto lock on the sniper rifle, i know a hack when i see it. use a real gun.

The Krazy One
The Nintendo Guy
Administrator
WU Pwn

Clan: TaKeOver
Nintendo Network ID: TKrazyO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2013, 10:35:56 pm »

We all know there are people out there spending 5+ hours on CoD every night for months. You see it all the time when the games barely release; someone will be at a weeks playtime within the first 24 hours.

That's not physically possible. No one can play a weeks time in a day. Unless you mean the average time someone plays in a day multiplied into the weeks average time for that 24 hours.
Report Spam   Logged

"Use the pain of loss! The power comes in response to a need, not a desire!"

"The power comes in response to a need! You have to create that need!" -Goku, Dragonball Z
Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

Clan: Dragon Boys

Maldita mi duda fue fatal.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2013, 10:49:00 pm »

I think he was exaggerating to help make his point.
Report Spam   Logged

Crzy
No Mercy
Founding Member
WU Pwn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2013, 12:20:53 am »

Yeah. Tongue

But honestly, next time a CoD game releases, check the leaderboards after a week or so. Some people will have 7 days played on just the 8th day of release. As if they only slept for 3 hours a day and played CoD for the remaining 21 hours a day, for a week straight. Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Squire Grooktook
Brain Fusion Recipient
Founding Member
WU Pwn

Clan: I WALK ALONE AND CHOOSE MY OWN PATH
PSN: Groucho2

Hallowed be The Game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2013, 04:30:45 am »

tl;dr CoD by itself is a casual game and IW feels the ones that ONLY play CoD(no matter how many hours they put into it) are still casual players of GAMING altogether.
I'm not sure I can agree with such a generalized statement. There are guys who dedicate themselves to say, Street Fighter, pretty intensely. To the point that they get on planes and fly all over the world for foreign tournaments. Are they "casuals" because they don't have time admist their dedication to being the best at a particular game to play other games?

Admittedly, the above is an extreme example, but one that is not taken account of by such a statement. Now, you could say "but Street Fighter is a **** game, Cod isn't". Besides the fact that whether a game is casual or **** is very arguable and very subjective (more on that later), what about games like Smash Bros, which can be played both casually and ****, with dedicated scenes for both?

I'm not defending the bro gamer army cod fanbase, but I just feel that the logic used to condemn them here is a bit faulty. Yes, they should open their minds a bit and try something else besides COD, but it has nothing to do with casual vs **** debates.

Casual and **** are both utterly meaningless words, with too many possible definitions, and too many subjective aspects. One shouldn't argue about the concept of being casual or ****, because both are inherently bogus concepts with no clear definition that can mean a million things to a million people, and are in reality just marketing catch phrases.
Report Spam   Logged

DoubleGunz
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

PSN: DoubleGunz

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2013, 11:41:12 am »

But there's no room for argument now, because the developers themselves have now stated that people who solely play CoD are casuals. fact raepd

Right?  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Autumn1194
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2013, 12:28:14 pm »

The developers aren't god
Report Spam   Logged
DoubleGunz
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

PSN: DoubleGunz

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2013, 12:46:57 pm »

wot. Obviously not.  Cheesy

However, they do declare what their product is. It is a casual gaming platform.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: