Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
March 28, 2024, 06:35:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

Knack Review (Video)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Knack Review (Video)  (Read 215 times)
DoubleGunz
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

PSN: DoubleGunz

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2013, 04:22:06 pm »

I made a video talking about some positive/negative thoughts on Knack. Check it out if you want.

I know there are lighting issues. They get worse throughout the video, too. I didn't notice it was happening until I was editing. If the footage seems jumpy at times, it's because I originally had 34 minutes of video that I had to cut down. Any other criticism would be appreciated.

I also have no way of recording the PS4 right now, as you need a device that can record via HDMI.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 06:37:18 pm by The Krazy One » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

y0uR_MoTh3r
WU Elite

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 09:57:01 am »

waht
Report Spam   Logged

JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

PSN: Jabbanero
Xbox Live: JabbaScript

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 09:57:59 am »

Nice video, but I have two suggestions. Use as much in-game footage as possible. Unless you have quality lighting and a good HD camera I wouldn't use that. Also, write a script. It's pretty boring to watch people sit and talk about a game when they make it up as they go. Showing gameplay is also a great way to make a lot of cuts since all that is being cut out is empty audio.

/my two cents as someone with no idea what he's talking about
Report Spam   Logged

3DS FC:  2638-0027-7848
DoubleGunz
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 10:47:46 am »

I also have no way of recording the PS4 right now, as you need a device that can record via HDMI.

I do have a good HD camera, I just have never really messed with the lighting, that was the problem. As far as a script goes I'm horribly at reading things off like that. I can try, and I kind of did this time, but it might fail horribly. I had everything I said in this video written down in some way. I just wanted to glance over, notice the idea and then elaborate in my own words.  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 06:02:20 am »

I do have a good HD camera, I just have never really messed with the lighting, that was the problem.
Ah, gotcha. I'd still include a lot of gameplay but that's IMO.

As far as a script goes I'm horribly at reading things off like that. I can try, and I kind of did this time, but it might fail horribly. I had everything I said in this video written down in some way. I just wanted to glance over, notice the idea and then elaborate in my own words.  Undecided
Yeah I'm not trying to push it on you or anything but I think it could improve your vids a little. Maybe you could use the process you used in this video with notes and talking, then make a (loose) actual script from that and read off of it? 

I've noticed if a person isn't talking fast enough or jumping through topics without being redundant, I usually stop the video and look for someone more professional-seeming. Reviewers usually keep it pretty concise and have very little dead air. If they aren't talking, they're letting you focus on gameplay or pausing after some stupid pun.

The only reviewer I can think of who doesn't use frequent cuts is TotalBiscuit, but he's really good at speaking. Adam Sessler uses them more frequently, but his videos are just as entertaining because he's cutting out the boring bits and thinking out what he's going to say.

Well that rambled and I now have no idea where I was going so there ya go.   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

DoubleGunz
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 11:36:00 am »

I agree. Sessler's reviews are entertaining.  Afro

If I keep making these I will be trying out different things every time.

As far as gameplay goes... I can't get gameplay though. Unless I just steal other peoples' footage but that's bad.
Report Spam   Logged

JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 12:31:31 pm »

Ah, I thought you were the only one around here with a PVR.
Report Spam   Logged

DoubleGunz
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 12:39:03 pm »

Dood

The HD PVR uses component cables and only records 720p. The only thing PS4 outputs is through HDMI cables. I need a new device in order to do that.  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: