Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
April 20, 2024, 08:13:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

Battlefield 4 "Bullet Time" - Multiplayer Review

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battlefield 4 "Bullet Time" - Multiplayer Review  (Read 227 times)
DoubleGunz
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

PSN: DoubleGunz

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2013, 04:16:02 pm »

I wasn't 100% sure where this would fit better, you can delete one of the posts if necessary.

Well, it's not perfect, but I think it's good. I wanted to make a review that wasn't really long and boring. It was difficult to cram information in to a smaller time frame, but I think I managed it well. There are a couple issues, like the stupid glare in my glasses, I won't do that again. Tongue

I'd appreciate any further help/criticism. It's short! Thanks Cheesy

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

Clan: Dragon Boys

Maldita mi duda fue fatal.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 11:38:53 pm »

Well the first thing I'd say is to get a good recording mic and set yourself up at a desk. This is more of a nitpick because I realize that it's not always possible to just shell out money for a mic. If you could eventually get one, it will make things a lot better for you.

Secondly, I think it would be better if you showed the game and voiced over that rather than have it in a smaller screen. If you don't go that direction, I'd say get a little bit better lighting for your current setup.

To actually critique the content, it felt like you just mentioned stuff you personally liked and didn't like about the multiplayer. It was especially apparent when you talked about Domination being your favorite. That fine actually, but you completely glossed over all the other modes, particularly Conquest and Rush which are staples of the series. I got the sense that you were telling us how to best play Battlefield 4 in order to get a more traditional "arena" type shooter experience. Again, it's fine if you do want that primarily, but you can't just gloss over the rest of it considering that the entire series is meant to break away from the traditional arena type shooter. Another thing related to that is that you didn't really talk about the vehicles. Again, those are a staple of the series and really deserve to be mentioned a little bit more instead of being glossed over because it's not your particular cup of tea. They make a huge difference to the standard infantry type shooter so it would be good to talk about them and why you did or didnt like them.

I think you just need a little bit more structure, really. It looks like you spent some time thinking about different aspects of a multiplayer game need to be reviewed in order to judge a game, but I think you need to make an outline of the most important aspects common to all games and then go down the list talking about those. I get that it's supposed to be a quick video review but give the pros and cons to each aspect instead of choosing a few things and glossing over them. I think it'll help make you videos more organized and flow better.

but really i don't know wtf i'm talking about lol
Report Spam   Logged

DoubleGunz
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 01:32:57 am »

Well this is weird. Everything you said I basically did, but cut out. I'll explain.

First off, I do have a good mic for my computer, didn't really have a way of using that and my camera at the same time without it being awkwardly placed.

As far as showing the entire game goes - I can't, really. You see, in order to get that gameplay I had to livestream, then use a PC recording device to record the game portion of the stream. PS4 only outputs through HDMI and I don't have a device that can record via that. My HD PVR is component/composite only.

Mhm, now the content. I think I need to first tell you my goals, and how I didn't accomplish them. What I wanted to do with this was make a REALLY quick video and use short sentences to get specific points across. When I say short, I mean like 1-3 minutes. I have this weird problem where I tend to over explain everything I say. You will probably find evidence of this in this post. Because of that, the video ended up being FOURTEEN MINUTES. My goal was no more than 3.  Undecided I wanted to start a series of videos where I make bullet points, then quickly explain each of them in a couple sentences. I completely failed on this.

It's funny how the things you say the video lacks is exactly what those 8 minutes I cut out were. I talked about vehicles, rush, conquest, etc.

I wasn't too happy with the way I ended up talking about things, but I tried my best to narrow it down to the basics. It's still at least twice as long as I wanted it to be. I'm not sure if I'm capable of doing what I intended, but I might give it another shot. Any thoughts on what I said? I want a REALLY quick video talking about specific things and being as concise as possible.

Is that even attainable?  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

The Krazy One
The Nintendo Guy
Administrator
WU Pwn

Clan: TaKeOver
Nintendo Network ID: TKrazyO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 09:10:17 am »

It probably is. You'll just have to script it more than you're doing now. Figure out what you want to say, write it down then try to condense that. Trying to do things on the fly leads to over-explaining the section of your review. Reviews are usually the person's opinion on the game or the specific part of the game so I didn't have a problem with the review itself. That dancing though.
Report Spam   Logged

"Use the pain of loss! The power comes in response to a need, not a desire!"

"The power comes in response to a need! You have to create that need!" -Goku, Dragonball Z
DoubleGunz
Founding Member
WU Smash Yo Face

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 11:18:10 am »

Azn

I had everything written down.  Tongue

I just didn't want to read it word for word because I feel like I'm bad at that, trying to make it sound natural or whatever. I could try though.  Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: