Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
April 20, 2024, 05:01:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

Mouse Settings

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mouse Settings  (Read 175 times)
¤Saucelot¤
Liter of SoL
Administrator
WU Pwn

Clan: Sons of Liberty [SoL]
Xbox Live: AtThatHardScope

Two Scoops Please, thanks.

View Profile WWW
« on: March 06, 2014, 11:22:54 pm »

For all the other PC players out there, I want a topic to discuss our mouse settings.  I'm just getting into it because it seems every FPS I play feels different and some a lot better than others.  BF4 for instance felt extremely fluid right off of the bat, payday 2 wasn't as responsive and now that I messed with it it feels a lot smoother, Idk how I even played before lol.  Anyways, I also downloaded Radeon Pro to help with the video settings for some FPS games, and I have a razer mouse with razer synapse and I'm going to mess around with the DPI settings and see which I prefer. 

Turbo, LT, Squire, I know you guys play a lot of PC games, I really want to know how much you guys have customized your mouse settings and what you prefer and dont prefer.  The more I googled it the more it seems like people take this extremely seriously. 
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tiger
honrary abmin
WU R teh 1337

Xbox Live: TIGERSHARK27

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 03:41:58 am »

I use a Razer Abyssus.  I always play with 3500 DPI.  Blacklight: Retribution has some nice options for mouse sensitivity.  It's a free FPS on Steam if you don't know about it.
Report Spam   Logged

thanks Tiger, now i can say **** without getting random asterisks.

R.I.P. MoHH2 11/13/07 - 8/11/11
JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

PSN: Jabbanero
Xbox Live: JabbaScript

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 04:22:26 am »

What, you don't want to choose between "Insanely slow", "Slow" and "'**** what the hell who uses this' fast"?
Report Spam   Logged

3DS FC:  2638-0027-7848
Permanent Poopface
Founding Member
WU Guru

Clan: vT

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 03:15:20 pm »

when I use to game I also got a rocketfish mousepad, it helped alot, it was big then and had two sides, one for speed and one for accuracy, it looked dope as well
Report Spam   Logged

¤Saucelot¤
Liter of SoL
Administrator
WU Pwn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 03:30:34 pm »

My razer is set for 1800 DPI, and my windows mouse settings are 6/11.  I have this radeonpro program also, which has a few more customization options for video and frame rate.  I changed the flip queue to 0, turned triple buffering off.  I turned off v-sync in game, and turned off mouse acceleration.  I don't really have a handle on it yet, just got all of this information online and took what I could from it. 

So my mouse is a lot more responsive, have a very good feel for it in payday now.  Another thing though, I know in battlefield 4 there is a raw mouse settings option, and other FPS have it too.  I dont think payday does, so for right now my 1800 DPI option, along with my 6/11 windows mouse settings, no acceleration, along with my payday mouse settings set on low, my DPI is a lot lower than 1800 in payday 2 right?
Report Spam   Logged

Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

Clan: Dragon Boys

Maldita mi duda fue fatal.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 04:39:48 pm »

Good topic.

I have the Razer Deathadder 2013. It has a configuration program that lets adjust your dpi, acceleration and polling rate. Not sure what polling rate is but I have two different profiles right now for my mouse. One of them is at 800 and I use that one the majority of the time. The other one is set at 3400 and I use that when I just want to flick my wrist around instead of dragging the damn mouse across my pad.

It takes a while to get used to the difference though. Like Jabber said, it gets pretty retarded to go higher. This mouse goes all the way to like 6000 and it's furking ridiculous. Nobody will ever be able to use that.

Anyway, I wanted to mention the Mark C mouse acceleration fix. Basically you download it and it gets rid of all the mouse acceleration built into windows. It's freaking great. It allows you 1:1 input.

Download here:
http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html
Report Spam   Logged

¤Saucelot¤
Liter of SoL
Administrator
WU Pwn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 12:40:46 am »

Sweet, I think I have all the mouse acceleration disabled right now though.  Ill download it and see if it speeds anything up though.  Is the razer program that comes with that synapse 2.0?
Report Spam   Logged

Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 10:29:12 pm »

Sweet, I think I have all the mouse acceleration disabled right now though.  Ill download it and see if it speeds anything up though.  Is the razer program that comes with that synapse 2.0?

yeah, that's the one.
Report Spam   Logged

GUMBY-KID
WU Pwn

Xbox Live: MoHH2 GUMBYKID

I will create a new World

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 04:18:15 pm »

Good topic.

I have the Razer Deathadder 2013. It has a configuration program that lets adjust your dpi, acceleration and polling rate. Not sure what polling rate is but I have two different profiles right now for my mouse. One of them is at 800 and I use that one the majority of the time. The other one is set at 3400 and I use that when I just want to flick my wrist around instead of dragging the damn mouse across my pad.

It takes a while to get used to the difference though. Like Jabber said, it gets pretty retarded to go higher. This mouse goes all the way to like 6000 and it's furking ridiculous. Nobody will ever be able to use that.

Anyway, I wanted to mention the Mark C mouse acceleration fix. Basically you download it and it gets rid of all the mouse acceleration built into windows. It's freaking great. It allows you 1:1 input.

Download here:
http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html

i have the death adder as well and I love it.  Also you gotta go with Nvidia.  AMD cards suck.
Report Spam   Logged
Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 04:36:40 pm »

The Deathadder is okay. I don't like that my hand sits flatter down. I like a more "dome" shape.

AMD cards are fine.  I have a 7950 and have had no problems. It performs quite well.
Report Spam   Logged

GUMBY-KID
WU Pwn

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014, 10:20:36 pm »

The Deathadder is okay. I don't like that my hand sits flatter down. I like a more "dome" shape.

AMD cards are fine.  I have a 7950 and have had no problems. It performs quite well.
I used to have an AMD card in my laptop, and had longer loading times in bfbc2 because of it and I had other compatible problems. The one advantage AMD cards do have is that they are cheaper in price.
Report Spam   Logged
Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2014, 11:27:31 pm »

Bad Company 2 was a very taxing game in its day, especially because of the map size and the destructibility. Laptop video cards are much underpowered compared to a desktop pc.

Regardless, video cards don't cause long load time. I believe that's the job of the cpu and ram. BC2 is a very cpu intensive game and again, laptops are very underpowered compared to a desktop.

I will say that the higher end nvidia cards tend to outperform AMD's, but honestly, and this is my opinion, anything higher than a 660ti or 7950 and it's pretty much overkill at 1080p. I say that because with those cards you can still play BF4 at that resolution at much over 60fps average and with high qulity.

Then there's the whole thing between DICE and AMD and their Mantle ****. That's a whole separate issue.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2014, 11:29:30 pm »

Oh, and I also meant to add that AMD cpu's aren't that good though. I think you were only talking about graphics cards, but I'll still toss the processors into the mix.
Report Spam   Logged

GUMBY-KID
WU Pwn

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2014, 10:02:06 am »

Bad Company 2 was a very taxing game in its day, especially because of the map size and the destructibility. Laptop video cards are much underpowered compared to a desktop pc.

Regardless, video cards don't cause long load time. I believe that's the job of the cpu and ram. BC2 is a very cpu intensive game and again, laptops are very underpowered compared to a desktop.

I will say that the higher end nvidia cards tend to outperform AMD's, but honestly, and this is my opinion, anything higher than a 660ti or 7950 and it's pretty much overkill at 1080p. I say that because with those cards you can still play BF4 at that resolution at much over 60fps average and with high qulity.

Then there's the whole thing between DICE and AMD and their Mantle ****. That's a whole separate issue.

No, the long loading time was known to be linked to the AMD cards in this case.  The devs even posted that on the support forums.  It was 65 seconds to load into a multiplayer game. But you are correct, long loading times usually are the fault of the CPU, RAM, and hard drive.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 10:12:18 am by GUMBY-KID » Report Spam   Logged
Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 04:28:21 pm »

Oh, alright, I didn't know about that.

But regardless, I'm of the camp that says to go with whatever you want. To me AMD and Nvidia are both fine choices.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: