Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
March 29, 2024, 12:59:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

Titanfall

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Titanfall  (Read 438 times)
Tiger
honrary abmin
WU R teh 1337

Xbox Live: TIGERSHARK27

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2014, 03:06:11 am »

Anyone bought this game yet?  I wasn't intending on buying it but one of my friends desperately wanted me to, and donated $20.00 towards the cause.  I have it on the PC.  Pretty sweet game thus far.
Report Spam   Logged

thanks Tiger, now i can say **** without getting random asterisks.

R.I.P. MoHH2 11/13/07 - 8/11/11

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

Clan: Dragon Boys

Maldita mi duda fue fatal.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 04:21:59 pm »

You know, I heard a lot of good things about this game. I didn't get into the beta unfortunately so I couldn't try it out for myself. I'd be inclined to get it but not for $50-$60, or whatever it costs. From the outside looking in, I want to say that it's a thirty dollar game at most.

What do you think? Is the price justified?
Report Spam   Logged

Tiger
honrary abmin
WU R teh 1337

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 05:30:02 pm »

Since my friend gave me $20.00 to help cover the cost, it was more like $39.99.  It's depends on your taste.  Personally, I'd wait for it to come down in price.  I haven't touched the campaign yet though.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 07:15:56 pm »

I haven't touched the campaign yet though.

Actually, this is why I thought it isn't worth full price. I heard it didn't have a campaign.
Report Spam   Logged

Tiger
honrary abmin
WU R teh 1337

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 01:00:17 am »

Well, I haven't selected the option yet, but there is an option that says Campaign.  I don't know the extent of what it is though.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 09:32:20 pm »

I guess I'll just wait for it to come down in price then.
Report Spam   Logged

GUMBY-KID
WU Pwn

Xbox Live: MoHH2 GUMBYKID

I will create a new World

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 02:46:39 pm »

I've also been told there is no campaign.  It's most likely just a tutorial.
Report Spam   Logged
GUMBY-KID
WU Pwn

Xbox Live: MoHH2 GUMBYKID

I will create a new World

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 02:51:00 pm »

Also I don't know if I want to buy any more fps online games on PC, the hackers take over.  Though I didn't run into any on BF4, but I only played it online for a few matches when it came out and I got bored because I don't have anyone to play it with.
Report Spam   Logged
Tiger
honrary abmin
WU R teh 1337

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 09:31:55 pm »

I prefer playing FPS on the console.  I've very familiar with aiming on them, and people on the PC are ridiculously quick (1:1 ratio and all that).  I'm not sure I want to take the time to become good at FPS on the PC.
Report Spam   Logged

Ps358
WU Guru

Xbox Live: xKratic FTW

I'm Kilometer Peter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 12:15:43 pm »

I'm not sure if you guys are big on review videos, but this guy is completely unbiased. Makes great reviews on multiple games.
Report Spam   Logged

nice auto lock on the sniper rifle, i know a hack when i see it. use a real gun.

Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 01:59:20 pm »

Also I don't know if I want to buy any more fps online games on PC, the hackers take over.  Though I didn't run into any on BF4, but I only played it online for a few matches when it came out and I got bored because I don't have anyone to play it with.

Yeah, I'm not quick to accuse people of hacking, but sometimes there are some people who are absolutely unkillable and have a ridiculous aim... there's sometimes noway someone could be that good without having a little help.

I prefer playing FPS on the console.  I've very familiar with aiming on them, and people on the PC are ridiculously quick (1:1 ratio and all that).  I'm not sure I want to take the time to become good at FPS on the PC.

Aiming was super intuitive and I got that down pretty quickly. The thing I had more trouble with is movement. I think controllers have that down way better. I also had a little bit of trouble using all the other keys that stuff were bound to and then returning my fingers to WASD. I'd always have to look down and that in turn would get me killed. It's gone away with practice but I still prefer movement with an analog stick.
Report Spam   Logged

Tiger
honrary abmin
WU R teh 1337

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 06:31:51 pm »

Aiming was super intuitive and I got that down pretty quickly. The thing I had more trouble with is movement. I think controllers have that down way better. I also had a little bit of trouble using all the other keys that stuff were bound to and then returning my fingers to WASD. I'd always have to look down and that in turn would get me killed. It's gone away with practice but I still prefer movement with an analog stick.

Interesting.  I'm the total opposite.  I've grown accustomed to the key bindings (part of it is I'm very familiar with a keyboard and can type at 120 WPM consistantly, I've taken many tests).  It's the mouse sensitivity that makes it difficult.  I play with a very high sensitivity because I'd rather get used to that now then try and get used to it later.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 08:16:41 pm »

Interesting.  I'm the total opposite.  I've grown accustomed to the key bindings (part of it is I'm very familiar with a keyboard and can type at 120 WPM consistantly, I've taken many tests).  It's the mouse sensitivity that makes it difficult.  I play with a very high sensitivity because I'd rather get used to that now then try and get used to it later.

Oh, don't think that higher sensitivity means better. You should play with whatever you feel okay with, even if it's super slow. Actually, I watch this youtuber who played Counter Strike "professionally" and he says most of those guys play with super low sensitivity and large mouse pads. I'd actually agree with that setup.

My sensitivity isn't really high and I also have a rather large mouse pad. Sniping and recoil management is tremendously easier with lower sensitivity because you can make those very small corrections with more generous amounts of hand movement. The higher you set your dpi that harder it's going to be to make those subtle corrections because your pointer will go haywire with every small hand movement.

Also, I can't remember what you posted in the other thread but you should make sure you have absolutely no mouse acceleration. Otherwise you'll be overcompensating and overcorrecting on top of the high sensitivity setting.
Report Spam   Logged

Tiger
honrary abmin
WU R teh 1337

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2014, 06:05:08 pm »

I have no mouse acceleration, so that's fine.  Here's my problem:  When out of ADS, my sensitivity is great for getting around and quickly turning around, but in Titanfall, when you go in ADS, the sensitivity is the exact same.  Blacklight Retribution has separate settings for ADS sensitivity and regular sensitivity.  Titanfall needs this. :/
Report Spam   Logged

JabbaScrub
Founding Member
WU R teh 1337

PSN: Jabbanero
Xbox Live: JabbaScript

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2014, 06:14:31 pm »

I played the beta on my friend's PC. I liked it well enough, but it just feels like CoD with a bit of parkour and robots thrown in. I don't think it deserves all the hype, though I'm not surprised.  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

3DS FC:  2638-0027-7848
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: