Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
March 29, 2024, 12:32:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

My Video Game Projects topic

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Video Game Projects topic  (Read 152 times)
¤Saucelot¤
Liter of SoL
Administrator
WU Pwn

Clan: Sons of Liberty [SoL]
Xbox Live: AtThatHardScope

Two Scoops Please, thanks.

View Profile WWW
« on: April 19, 2014, 04:02:46 pm »

Figure ill make the topic here, so you artsy people can take a look at it.  Here is a gameplay vid of that game I've been working on.  It seems to be running good on PC, for some reason on my gf's phone it was rendering some things completely black and it just started doing that to me today.  Take a look, I can even upload a demo for you guys to try it out if you want, you just have to download the unity player. 

And I actually have two really talented musicians working on music for it, so glad they came through for me.  Within a few days i'll have a video with music in it, then i just have to create some sound effects, which i hate doing.  Hopefully one of them can help/ do it for me lol.  So by next weekend this should be published online and in the android google play store.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Squire Grooktook
Brain Fusion Recipient
Founding Member
WU Pwn

Clan: I WALK ALONE AND CHOOSE MY OWN PATH
PSN: Groucho2

Hallowed be The Game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 07:54:14 pm »

It didn't occur to me before, but this actually reminds me of an old Genesis/Mega Drive game called Atomic Runner (though without the horizontal movement)

Also are you making this as an endless game where you're trying to survive as long as possible, or does it have levels and whatnot?
Report Spam   Logged

¤Saucelot¤
Liter of SoL
Administrator
WU Pwn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 11:52:25 pm »

An endless runner as of right now.  Have a few things planned before I publish it.  I have a few things planned for updates too, like a shop, more power ups, maybe some character customization. 

After all that and maybe a few projects in between though, I'd like to take the code I have for this and just make a sequel to it, make all the things better than in this game, like add levels, customize weapons, more enemies, **** like that.  It really wouldn't be that hard too do, it would be like using this game as an engine for the second.  Idk everything is always a work in progress I guess.
Report Spam   Logged

Squire Grooktook
Brain Fusion Recipient
Founding Member
WU Pwn

Clan: I WALK ALONE AND CHOOSE MY OWN PATH
PSN: Groucho2

Hallowed be The Game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 12:02:34 am »

That sounds great. Really, feel free to talk about anything and everything about the project in this thread. I assure you, I'd love to hear anything you can think of to say about it.
Report Spam   Logged

¤Saucelot¤
Liter of SoL
Administrator
WU Pwn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 01:15:42 am »

Alright well now that you put me on the spot, idk what to say lol.

I'm going to upload the PC version to this website I just made so you guys can text it out.  I'm not sure which is easier though, posting it as a Unity Web Player file or just a straight Mac/ OSX download.

-Edit, I just messed up a sprite sheet by changing the maximum size for it, i brought it down for mobile from 4096 to 1024, so almost all devices will support the graphics, but doing that I **** up the actual images lol.  So i'll have to resize them in inkscape, then export/ import them into unity and re set them to each object.  I'll do that tommorrow squire. 

I will say, by far the hardest part of anything so far has been formatting for different platforms.  It's ridiculous the hoops you have to jump through for say publishing on android/ apple/ xbox/ anything other than just a straight PC download really. 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 01:45:58 am by ¤Saucelot¤ » Report Spam   Logged

¤Saucelot¤
Liter of SoL
Administrator
WU Pwn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 06:42:43 pm »

So, these are my plans for today.  Hopefully I'll be able to post another vid later with the changes, and have a working PC version for you guys to test out.  I think I said that a few days ago though too lol.

So I just made some mines in inkscape that you can't destroy and will have to jump over.  Or you can't shoot at least and if you hit them with your sword the explosion will still damage you.  I also made little green lightning rods to collect, and theres a few different ways I could go with it, haven't completely thought this one out, but either way I need some currency at some point in this game If I want a shop.  These will be the "coins" to pick up.  Then I wan't to give you the option to either save them to spend them in the store, on character stuff/ powersups/ etc, or after saving up like 10 or 20 or so use them for a powermove, which all i have so far are very simple looking green lightning bolts that will destroy all enemies on the screen for a set amount of time.  Thats what I guess I'll do for now, and make it more complex in the near future. 

And last on the agenda for today is to make some sort of life bar.  Probably for now I won't use a texture yet, different resolution sizes and using the GUI functions is another thing that just doesn't have a perfect solution no matter how you look at it.  I'll just use numbers for now, like the distance/ kills counter in the corner.  Say you can take 3 hits before dying or something.  Then later on, I'd also like you to be able to pick up life, or maybe I could use the lightning bolts for either life or a special move idk well see.   
Report Spam   Logged

¤Saucelot¤
Liter of SoL
Administrator
WU Pwn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 03:15:04 am »

You can play this version I just uploaded to my dropbox, if you do just play it in a wider resolution. I'm not sure if you need both files, let me know if you have a problem with it.  Its best if you just open it with firefox or a web browser and then go fullscreen.  If your not fullscreen everytime you right click you get a message saying to go fullscreen and about unity player. 

Anyways, controls are
SPACEBAR is Jump
Left Mouse Click is Shoot
Right Mouse Click is Melee
Keep an eye on your AMMO, its limited
You lose 1/4 of your health when you hit an enemy.
Floating Boxes with 3 Red bullets are extra ammo.
Green spheres are shields
Boxes with a yellow flash on them are turret guns.
Theres no melee delay, you can mash it.

http://extraction.site50.net/

^Finally, you can download the game here with the .html file and the .unity3d file
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 01:46:30 pm by ¤Saucelot¤ » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: