Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
April 20, 2024, 04:23:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

* * * The Official GOOD MORNING CREW Thread * * *

Pages: 1 ... 2332 2333 [2334] 2335 2336 ... 2352   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: * * * The Official GOOD MORNING CREW Thread * * *  (Read 183553 times)
Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

PSN: Turboweasle

Turboweasle: everyone's favorite speedy rodent

View Profile
« Reply #34995 on: December 23, 2019, 07:54:12 pm »

Boy it sure is cute (and extremely naive) of you to interpret all actions as giving democrats the moral high ground. I guess that's what they are hoping their blind followers will think.

Specifically with regards to the impeachment proceedings, I don't see how anyone could genuinely argue the Democrats don't have the moral high ground.  They're investigating crimes for which credible evidence continues to mount.

I can see right through that.

I'm sure the wool fiber occluding your vision is stunningly clear.

LOL @ Pelosi being against impeachment until convinced in the hearings. I am literally laughing out loud as I read it. She orchestrated the whole thing from day one, putting on a public persona as wanting to do the right thing and not impeach right away, and you bought it hook line and sinker.

As neither of us are capable of knowing the truth of anyone's intentions I find it pointless to speculate about what someone privately thinks, which is why I commented only on what has been publicly stated.  To speak with certainty over nothing but personal conjecture, as you've done, is worthless.  That isn't to say that I think Pelosi is perfectly candid, but what has been said on record directly contradicts your conspiracy theory.

But the cutest thing here is that you apparently think I'm a Democrat supporter, which in equal parts insults and amuses me.  There are only two Democrats I actually like in terms of policy positions, and the only reason I occasionally support Democratic legislation (or impeachment, in this case) is that such legislation is usually less harmful than whenever the Republicans decide some social service should lose funding or that we should build a wall like some petty fiefdom worried about Norse raiders.
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
Anti-Noob Fortress of Veteraness Council Member
~Turboweasle~

I NEVER squeeze my jubblies, so that stuff wouldn't work for me.
Handass
Peck's Bitch
WU Master

View Profile
« Reply #34996 on: December 23, 2019, 08:20:35 pm »

Boy it sure is cute (and extremely naive) of you to interpret all actions as giving democrats the moral high ground. I guess that's what they are hoping their blind followers will think. I can see right through that. LOL @ Pelosi being against impeachment until convinced in the hearings. I am literally laughing out loud as I read it. She orchestrated the whole thing from day one, putting on a public persona as wanting to do the right thing and not impeach right away, and you bought it hook line and sinker.

I mean, the democrats are presently in the moral high ground.

On one side, you have a sitting president who seeks to use his power to influence his own reelection(which in my book, inviting ANY foreign power to interfere, however minor, in a Federal election is treasonous, no matter the person) and his party in the senate refusing to do their Constitutionally required job of being a fair and impartial jury(McConnell already specifically said hes not an impartial juror, don't even try to refute that line).

On the other side, you have a party who actually investigated potential crimes a sitting president may or may not have done(you know, their Constitutional obligation)

Make no mistake, there is no moral high ground here. Both sides are wallowing in filth. Pretending they aren't is ridiculous.

With this particular issue there is very much a moral high ground. One side is openly corrupt and refusing to do their constitutional duties, the other is exercising their constitutional right and expectation. To say otherwise just proves you are nothing more than a parrot for McConnell and his ilk.
Report Spam   Logged

Oomomomomomomo
Wii Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #34997 on: December 23, 2019, 09:31:57 pm »

Jeffery Epstein committing suicide is the most likely explanation for his death. fight me
Report Spam   Logged
OhioLawyer
Administrator
WU Master

Clan: The Fatal Five

Romans 5:8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34998 on: December 24, 2019, 07:18:15 am »

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/01/trump-impeachment-talk-pelosi-244336

Pelosi made it very clear her motivations behind slow playing impeachment was politically motivated. It isn't some random speculation.

And you guys are grossly misstating the "evidence" and "crimes" in order to argue that anyone who disagrees with you is wrong/evil. But hey, the democrats have been doing that all along. It's their m.o. Pretend to have the moral high ground in order to shame anyone who disagrees with them.
Report Spam   Logged

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
jd111
WU Master

Clan: OG, Dead Rabbits
PSN: the_jd111

View Profile
« Reply #34999 on: December 25, 2019, 05:37:00 pm »

Okay, enough politics. I’m sorry I brought it up.  Lips Sealed

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, kechuas.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

PSN: The_jd111
Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #35000 on: December 25, 2019, 09:17:29 pm »

Pelosi made it very clear her motivations behind slow playing impeachment was politically motivated. It isn't some random speculation.

Literally nothing in that article substantiates your claim that the impeachment is "purely political".  In fact the only mention impeachment gets is that Pelosi thought calling for impeachment would be a distraction leading up to the 2018 midterm elections.  Do you expect people to not read your links or something?  Or did you not care to read it yourself?

And you guys are grossly misstating the "evidence" and "crimes" in order to argue that anyone who disagrees with you is wrong/evil.

Do you really think there's nothing criminal about leveraging the endangered sovereignty of a geopolitical ally via withholding aid to force them to spy on a domestic political opponent for the sole purpose of influencing an election?

Do you also think there's nothing criminal about selling arms to terrorists to destabilize foreign governments?

What about intentionally sabotaging peace talks with an ideological enemy to have an advantage in an election, resulting in hundreds of thousands of preventable deaths?

Just trying to figure out where you draw the line on what is and isn't criminal when it comes to Republican presidents.

But hey, the democrats have been doing that all along. It's their m.o. Pretend to have the moral high ground in order to shame anyone who disagrees with them.

Die mad about it, I guess.  Turns out it's pretty easy to convince people you have the moral high ground when the other guys are committing crimes and flat out stating they won't play by the rules.
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
~Turboweasle~

Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

Clan: Dragon Boys

Maldita mi duda fue fatal.

View Profile
« Reply #35001 on: December 26, 2019, 02:35:30 am »

not so happy. my buddy came by tonight and we had drinks while watching the lakers game. well he gets smashed and i tell him to crash on the couch. i wake up later because hes breathing hard as fuxk and surrounded by throw up. tdied shaking him awake and he didnt wake up. medics couldnt wake him up with a pain stimulant so now im at the ER waiting to see what the ****.
Report Spam   Logged

OhioLawyer
Administrator
WU Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35002 on: December 26, 2019, 10:37:39 am »

Literally nothing in that article substantiates your claim that the impeachment is "purely political".  In fact the only mention impeachment gets is that Pelosi thought calling for impeachment would be a distraction leading up to the 2018 midterm elections.  Do you expect people to not read your links or something?  Or did you not care to read it yourself?

And you guys are grossly misstating the "evidence" and "crimes" in order to argue that anyone who disagrees with you is wrong/evil.

Do you really think there's nothing criminal about leveraging the endangered sovereignty of a geopolitical ally via withholding aid to force them to spy on a domestic political opponent for the sole purpose of influencing an election?

Do you also think there's nothing criminal about selling arms to terrorists to destabilize foreign governments?

What about intentionally sabotaging peace talks with an ideological enemy to have an advantage in an election, resulting in hundreds of thousands of preventable deaths?

Just trying to figure out where you draw the line on what is and isn't criminal when it comes to Republican presidents.

But hey, the democrats have been doing that all along. It's their m.o. Pretend to have the moral high ground in order to shame anyone who disagrees with them.

Die mad about it, I guess.  Turns out it's pretty easy to convince people you have the moral high ground when the other guys are committing crimes and flat out stating they won't play by the rules.
Your mischaracterizations are hilarious. You have literally put your own spin on every single thing you posted in order to come to the conclusion you want to.
Report Spam   Logged

OhioLawyer
Administrator
WU Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35003 on: December 27, 2019, 07:07:34 am »

On a game related note, my daughter got Smash Ultimate for Christmas so we've been playing that a bit. And while my wife and daughter have basically stopped playing BotW, I still play it quite a bit in spite of having completed basically everything in the game. I still find enjoyment in messing around in the massive world.
Report Spam   Logged

jd111
WU Master

Clan: OG, Dead Rabbits
PSN: the_jd111

View Profile
« Reply #35004 on: December 28, 2019, 04:10:36 pm »

not so happy. my buddy came by tonight and we had drinks while watching the lakers game. well he gets smashed and i tell him to crash on the couch. i wake up later because hes breathing hard as fuxk and surrounded by throw up. tdied shaking him awake and he didnt wake up. medics couldnt wake him up with a pain stimulant so now im at the ER waiting to see what the ****.

Crap, dude. I’m sorry. I hope everything is okay with your buddy, LT.
Report Spam   Logged

PSN: The_jd111
Laughing Turd
Global Moderator
WU Guru

Clan: Dragon Boys

Maldita mi duda fue fatal.

View Profile
« Reply #35005 on: December 28, 2019, 05:58:36 pm »

hey thanks man. turned out he also had nyquil in his system. he finally came around but he's still pretty messed up 2 days later. so is my white leather couch. it's ruined. anyway im just glad he didn't die.  Afro
Report Spam   Logged

Handass
Peck's Bitch
WU Master

View Profile
« Reply #35006 on: December 29, 2019, 12:10:13 pm »

hey thanks man. turned out he also had nyquil in his system. he finally came around but he's still pretty messed up 2 days later. so is my white leather couch. it's ruined. anyway im just glad he didn't die.  Afro

well if you want good news, Shokugeki no Soma S4 just ended and S5 has already been announced
Report Spam   Logged

Handass
Peck's Bitch
WU Master

View Profile
« Reply #35007 on: December 29, 2019, 12:17:20 pm »

And you guys are grossly misstating the "evidence" and "crimes" in order to argue that anyone who disagrees with you is wrong/evil. But hey, the democrats have been doing that all along. It's their m.o. Pretend to have the moral high ground in order to shame anyone who disagrees with them.

I never once called anything a crime other than a general "potential crimes," because articles of impeachment are an indictment/bringing of charges, aka presentation of potential crimes. As a lawyer I'd hope you'd understand this important disctinction.

And as far as any evidence may go, the only evidence needed for obstruction charges are all public information. Who was the one that told every witness SUBPOENA'D by the House committees to not testify? Did that person also happen to be the person under investigation?
Report Spam   Logged

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #35008 on: December 29, 2019, 12:30:08 pm »

That's scary as fuck dude, glad nothing worse happened.  He's lucky you acted quickly once you found him.
Report Spam   Logged

~Turboweasle~

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #35009 on: December 29, 2019, 12:34:59 pm »

Your mischaracterizations are hilarious. You have literally put your own spin on every single thing you posted in order to come to the conclusion you want to.

Oh god the irony.

But it's cool, I get that you don't actually want to engage on anything I've asked you directly because, at least on some level, you understand you're severely under-informed on this subject and consequently can't argue a stronger point than repeatedly whining about bias and spin, much like the FOX News personalities I'm sure you'll deny agreeing with.
Report Spam   Logged

~Turboweasle~

Pages: 1 ... 2332 2333 [2334] 2335 2336 ... 2352   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: