Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
March 29, 2024, 06:58:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

* * * The Official GOOD MORNING CREW Thread * * *

Pages: 1 ... 2333 2334 [2335] 2336 2337 ... 2352   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: * * * The Official GOOD MORNING CREW Thread * * *  (Read 181653 times)
OhioLawyer
Administrator
WU Master

Clan: The Fatal Five

Romans 5:8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35010 on: January 02, 2020, 01:36:57 pm »

Your mischaracterizations are hilarious. You have literally put your own spin on every single thing you posted in order to come to the conclusion you want to.

Oh god the irony.

But it's cool, I get that you don't actually want to engage on anything I've asked you directly because, at least on some level, you understand you're severely under-informed on this subject and consequently can't argue a stronger point than repeatedly whining about bias and spin, much like the FOX News personalities I'm sure you'll deny agreeing with.

Or maybe I just don't want to engage in a lengthy political debate here with you. I don't have the time to educate you nor the desire. But keep thinking whatever you want. You know it all.
Report Spam   Logged

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

PSN: Turboweasle

Turboweasle: everyone's favorite speedy rodent

View Profile
« Reply #35011 on: January 04, 2020, 02:26:18 pm »

Your mischaracterizations are hilarious. You have literally put your own spin on every single thing you posted in order to come to the conclusion you want to.

Oh god the irony.

But it's cool, I get that you don't actually want to engage on anything I've asked you directly because, at least on some level, you understand you're severely under-informed on this subject and consequently can't argue a stronger point than repeatedly whining about bias and spin, much like the FOX News personalities I'm sure you'll deny agreeing with.

Or maybe I just don't want to engage in a lengthy political debate here with you. I don't have the time to educate you nor the desire. But keep thinking whatever you want. You know it all.

Oh it's very clear you don't want to engage in a debate, you just want to sit back and offer what amounts to "no u" to everything you disagree with.

By the way, I've taken the liberty of putting the ironic parts of your post in bold for you.
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
Anti-Noob Fortress of Veteraness Council Member
~Turboweasle~

I NEVER squeeze my jubblies, so that stuff wouldn't work for me.
Handass
Peck's Bitch
WU Master

View Profile
« Reply #35012 on: January 05, 2020, 05:41:00 pm »

Turdie, this **** is good
Report Spam   Logged

OhioLawyer
Administrator
WU Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35013 on: January 06, 2020, 07:24:18 am »

Oh god the irony.

Oh it's very clear you don't want to engage in a debate, you just want to sit back and offer what amounts to "no u" to everything you disagree with.

By the way, I've taken the liberty of putting the ironic parts of your post in bold for you.

LOL That's not irony when you understand the "you know it all" part is sarcasm. You THINK you know it all.

And I'm not offering anything. You came here trolling for a debate. You didn't get one and you aren't getting one. Now your panties are in a bunch because no one will take the bait. It is perfectly within reason to simply respond to someone by saying you disagree, but not engaging in a debate. I know that's hard for you to comprehend since the only language you speak is debate. But not everyone owes you an explanation for why they disagree with you.
Report Spam   Logged

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #35014 on: January 06, 2020, 09:03:21 pm »

Oh god the irony.

LOL That's not irony when you understand the "you know it all" part is sarcasm. You THINK you know it all.

Ooooh, meta irony.  The irony is that the audience knows you're full of it but you don't, so your sarcasm is still ironic.  Smiley

And I'm not offering anything. You came here trolling for a debate. You didn't get one and you aren't getting one. Now your panties are in a bunch because no one will take the bait. It is perfectly within reason to simply respond to someone by saying you disagree, but not engaging in a debate. I know that's hard for you to comprehend since the only language you speak is debate. But not everyone owes you an explanation for why they disagree with you.

I asked you questions in good faith and I got Infowars-level conspiracy theories in response, not to mention veiled insults.

Pretty cheek for you to accuse someone else of only speaking debate though.
Report Spam   Logged

"And I also told the students that, for the sake of humanity's future, I hoped they were all sterile." - Ignatius Reilly.
Never mind what your daughter is taught in school; what she remembers is what she has learned from you.
~Turboweasle~

OhioLawyer
Administrator
WU Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35015 on: January 07, 2020, 07:07:36 am »

LOL I'm pretty sure you are the one putting forth the conspiracy theory about behind the scenes Ukrainian political scandals. I'm not putting forth any conspiracy theory. I'm saying your conspiracy theory is nothing but political gamesmanship. 
Report Spam   Logged

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #35016 on: January 07, 2020, 05:47:28 pm »

LOL I'm pretty sure you are the one putting forth the conspiracy theory about behind the scenes Ukrainian political scandals.

Bolton Is Willing to Testify in Trump Impeachment Trial, Raising Pressure for Witnesses

Mr. Bolton did not say precisely what he would be willing to tell Congress. But his lawyer, Charles J. Cooper, told the House’s top lawyer in November that Mr. Bolton knew about “many relevant meetings and conversations” connected to the Ukraine matter that had not been shared with House impeachment investigators. And former White House officials and people close to Mr. Bolton have indicated that his testimony would most likely be damning to Mr. Trump and put additional pressure on moderate Republicans to consider convicting him.

Some conspiracy.  But hey, I'm sure John Bolton is just a liberal intent on going after Trump for optics, yeah?
Report Spam   Logged

~Turboweasle~

OhioLawyer
Administrator
WU Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35017 on: January 08, 2020, 07:26:11 am »

Speculation about a witness with information no one has yet heard is the definition of a conspiracy theory. How about getting some facts before forming your strong opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

OhioLawyer
Administrator
WU Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35018 on: January 08, 2020, 10:14:29 am »

Report Spam   Logged

jd111
WU Master

Clan: OG, Dead Rabbits
PSN: the_jd111

View Profile
« Reply #35019 on: January 08, 2020, 10:24:05 am »

Bolton was fired by Trump, so I’m sure there’s no axe to grind there.  Roll Eyes

Also, it’s not the Senate’s job to present facts for the case; the House should have done that before they voted to present the articles to the Senate for a verdict.  If the House wanted these witnesses to testify, they should have used the process of the courts to do so. They didn’t, because they knew that during that process, the Republicans would finally have an opportunity to call THEIR own witnesses, and be able to cross-examine the House Majority’s witnesses- something  they were previously blocked from doing.  The House’s investigation was conducted with zero due process, which is why zero Republicans voted for it, and even a few Democrats voted against it.  That, in and of itself, tells you that the House’s process was flawed.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 03:28:37 pm by jd111 » Report Spam   Logged

PSN: The_jd111
Handass
Peck's Bitch
WU Master

View Profile
« Reply #35020 on: January 08, 2020, 07:47:35 pm »

Since apparently neither of you went to any sort of civics class in high school, let me explain the impeachment process in terms that equate it to the regular justice system. The House acts as the grand jury, who votes to bring charges. The Senate acts as the actual trial with Senators as the jurors and SCOTUS Chief Justice presiding as Judge. I'd say calling witnesses during a trial is a pretty vital part of a trial, is it not? And you don't get to defend yourself from a grand juy.
Report Spam   Logged

Turboweasle
Administrator
WU Guru

View Profile
« Reply #35021 on: January 08, 2020, 07:56:32 pm »

Speculation about a witness with information no one has yet heard is the definition of a conspiracy theory. How about getting some facts before forming your strong opinion.

It is literally not the definition of a conspiracy theory.

Conspiracy theory: A conspiracy theory is an explanation of an event or situation that invokes a conspiracy by sinister and powerful actors, often political in motivation, when other explanations are more probable.

Coincidentally this seems to describe your claims pretty closely.  Undecided

Bolton was fired by Trump, so I’m sure there’s no axe to grind there.  Roll Eyes

'Let's be clear, I resigned.' John Bolton contradicts Donald Trump on whether he was fired

Oof  Undecided

Also, it’s not the Senate’s job to present facts for the case

The Senate has the power to examine witnesses.  How do you qualify that as not presenting facts?

If the House wanted these witnesses to testify, they should have used the process of the courts to do so.

What? The House, via the mechanisms of impeachment, can call witnesses to testify directly.  Why do you think they have to do it via the courts?

They didn’t, because they knew that during that process, the Republicans would finally have an opportunity to call THEIR own witnesses, and be able to cross-examine the House Majority’s witnesses- something  they were previously blocked from doing.

Oh heck, you're telling me the Republicans couldn't call any witnesses?  That's weird.  I could've sworn one of the witnesses the Republicans called ended up confirming quid pro quo had occurred, but I guess if you didn't think it happened we must be living in a fever dream.

Like seriously, you must be living in another reality.  Not all of the witnesses the Republicans requested to have testified did so, but some did.

The House’s investigation was conducted with zero due process, which is why zero Republicans voted for it, and even a few Democrats voted against it.  That, in and of itself, tells you that the House’s process was flawed.

Ah yeah partisan politics definitely is the standard for judging whether a process was flawed.  That's how we know Obamacare is flawless, because a Republican voted to preserve it.   Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

~Turboweasle~

OhioLawyer
Administrator
WU Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35022 on: January 09, 2020, 12:45:20 pm »

Since apparently neither of you went to any sort of civics class in high school, let me explain the impeachment process in terms that equate it to the regular justice system. The House acts as the grand jury, who votes to bring charges. The Senate acts as the actual trial with Senators as the jurors and SCOTUS Chief Justice presiding as Judge. I'd say calling witnesses during a trial is a pretty vital part of a trial, is it not? And you don't get to defend yourself from a grand juy.

As someone who has gone through law school and literally conducts grand juries as a regular part of my job:  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

OhioLawyer
Administrator
WU Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35023 on: January 09, 2020, 12:51:09 pm »

Conspiracy theory: A conspiracy theory is an explanation of an event or situation that invokes a conspiracy by sinister and powerful actors, often political in motivation, when other explanations are more probable.

How blind can you be? The definition of conspiracy theory YOU provide literally fits the allegations against Trump to a tee. And again, the only claim I made was that Pelosi's actions are politically motivated. And she has said as much. Hardly a conspiracy theory that a politician's actions are politically motivated. Heck I took an entire course in college on the subject of political theory where entire bodies of research are based on how the actions of politicians literally cannot be separated from political motivations.
Report Spam   Logged

Handass
Peck's Bitch
WU Master

View Profile
« Reply #35024 on: January 09, 2020, 06:52:54 pm »

As someone who has gone through law school and literally conducts grand juries as a regular part of my job:  Roll Eyes

Then why do you seem to have such trouble properly understanding how an impeachment proceeding works? Is it because you are so far removed from studying them and their analogs you've forgotten? Or is it because you continue to refuse to see how it works because doing so would prove your inept "argument" against the impeachment proceedings?

How blind can you be? The definition of conspiracy theory YOU provide literally fits the allegations against Trump to a tee. And again, the only claim I made was that Pelosi's actions are politically motivated. And she has said as much. Hardly a conspiracy theory that a politician's actions are politically motivated. Heck I took an entire course in college on the subject of political theory where entire bodies of research are based on how the actions of politicians literally cannot be separated from political motivations.

Can you get your money back for that course? It seems like I could have taught the entire subject matter in less than 5 minutes. "Hurr durr, any type of motivation from a politician is politically motivated because it came from a politician, hurr durr." Yes, lets just forget that while, generally career politicians are solely motivated by money from lobbyists and treading the party line, they are still human and do occasionally have their own thoughts and opinions on matters.

And on your conspiracy theory claim, even if Trump didn't understand what he was doing was essentially extorting a foreign power into influencing a US election based on debunked conspiracy theories(which is probable, seeing as the man has an IQ lower than the low temperature you'll see tonight), that does not mean it is not an impeachable offense. Just like if I randomly shot a gun without looking where it was aimed and hit and killed someone, I'd still be a murderer, both legally and morally.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 2333 2334 [2335] 2336 2337 ... 2352   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: