Banner
Xtra Smileys
[Open]
We Unite Gaming
March 28, 2024, 07:52:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to We Unite Gaming!
Formerly Wii Unite/Wii Unite Gaming

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Youtube Channel Chatbox Staff List Login Register  

MAH BIG BANG THEROEH!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MAH BIG BANG THEROEH!  (Read 394 times)
Cadillak
Global Moderator
WU Guru

PSN: lakkus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 12:54:26 pm »

There is no such thing as "no heat". If there were no heat, it wouldn't just be "freezing", that would consist of some heat too. If it's hot, there's plenty of heat. If it's cold, not as much heat. But there is never "no heat". (unless it's in space. I dunno much about speyse)

there is a point in which there is no heat in an object. Its called absolute zero, aka -273 Kelvin. At that point any motion in an object or particle ceases. We have yet to reach absolute zero in test labs because even through layer upon layer of insulation a small amount of heat can get through, enough to make our lowest temperature reached -272 Kelvin(correct me if I'm wrong, its something like that). The only place imaginable where you could reach -273 Kelvin is on the farthest reaches of the Universe where no light can be seen.

And lakkus, no its not enough to interfere with a celestial object, but it still does have an effect. Without friction in space comets would simply be asteroids moving in an elliptical pattern. The friction causes ice to break off of comets which gives them their signature "tail"

you messed up a few things there  Tongue

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_zero

ok, i had to look that one up  Undecided

just wait till you have to start calculating all this **** from thermo tables in a all four temp scales. it sucks donkey balls
Report Spam   Logged
Handass
Peck's Bitch
WU Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 06:32:26 pm »

i know, there are all kinds of different particles in space but they are not going to affect the path of a celestial object enough to be considered significant.

i know that too  Tongue

and don't comets only have big tails inside the solar system? i thought their tales kinda faded in interstellar space  Huh?

the only reason i know any of this is from watching discovery  Tongue and having the physics background to understand what they're saying on tv. i've never really studied space stuff, it's just interesting to me. and i haven't google'd anything that i've posted, which i suspect some of you are doing   Tongue

so, what are you going into that major for? you wanna work on planes or rockets or something?

*dookie, i just realized i don't even remember the difference between an asteroid and a comet  Embarrassed

Their tails do fade as they go further away from the sun because of the lack of heat/radiation from the sun. But the tails appear near to the sun because the suns heat/radiation causes some of the ice and dust on the comet to loosen its hold to the comet nuclei. Then the slight friction of space causes the ice and dust to come loose and create the tail

And as for the googling, that^ was the first thing I've googled for an argument on wii unite in a loooooooong time. But i do enjoy ending up on wikipedia, I tend to end up looking at other articles found in links on the page I'm looking at. You managed to lead me to the Kuiper Belt and Oort Cloud.

Oh and I'm hoping to work with the design of air- and spacecraft
Report Spam   Logged

Handass
Peck's Bitch
WU Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 06:34:04 pm »

There is no such thing as "no heat". If there were no heat, it wouldn't just be "freezing", that would consist of some heat too. If it's hot, there's plenty of heat. If it's cold, not as much heat. But there is never "no heat". (unless it's in space. I dunno much about speyse)

there is a point in which there is no heat in an object. Its called absolute zero, aka -273 Kelvin. At that point any motion in an object or particle ceases. We have yet to reach absolute zero in test labs because even through layer upon layer of insulation a small amount of heat can get through, enough to make our lowest temperature reached -272 Kelvin(correct me if I'm wrong, its something like that). The only place imaginable where you could reach -273 Kelvin is on the farthest reaches of the Universe where no light can be seen.

And lakkus, no its not enough to interfere with a celestial object, but it still does have an effect. Without friction in space comets would simply be asteroids moving in an elliptical pattern. The friction causes ice to break off of comets which gives them their signature "tail"

just wait till you have to start calculating all this dookie from thermo tables in a all four temp scales. it sucks donkey balls

lol....all I did was end up mixing up Celsius and Kelvin  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Handass
Peck's Bitch
WU Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 06:34:21 pm »

just wait till you have to start calculating all this dookie from thermo tables in a all four temp scales. it sucks donkey balls

lol....all I did was end up mixing up Celsius and Kelvin  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Cadillak
Global Moderator
WU Guru

PSN: lakkus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2009, 06:52:21 pm »

ooh, go read about scientology on wiki. i started reading about it one day for lulz and ended up reading like ten pages. it's so **** ridiculous it's actually enjoyable to read  Afro

and that's awesome about wanting to work in aerospace, i always loved aerodynamics and aircraft stuff. i work right off the end of the international airport in my city so all the planes taking off fly right over my head every day. i get to see fighter jets doing touch and go's and all the commercial aircraft... i even saw one of those big radar planes w/ the giant disc on top this week, it was feaking loud
Report Spam   Logged
Handass
Peck's Bitch
WU Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 07:09:51 pm »

^lulz....thats an AWACs jet.....thats basically the command ship of all the fighter jets. It gives advanced warning of enemies and weather read outs
Report Spam   Logged

NDS IS POPPIN
AND SHIT
oprah abmin
WU Guru

Clan: [Y]ou [A]in't [S]hit

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2009, 12:27:53 am »

This world is too big of a joke for this **** to matter.
Report Spam   Logged

wen your wherate hunters this hunters spire, trace, sylyx, samus. noxsus, kanden and weawel. my wherete is trava and sylyx
excoos mee I m live finlad Im not speak englis vey good
Hi went you cam my claan message mee mee test you I am foorums kloc 14-20 maybi.
fac ur Wink
cam you cam my claan message this hunters trace sylyx noxsus
weiwrote hunters

If you're an old F5 member that found those quote somehow via Google and you see this ****... send me a message.
PEDOBEAR
T1K
WU Pwn

Clan: dead-end gaming

The official SPAM PRESIDENT

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2009, 07:20:10 am »

the world is a joke sadly
Report Spam   Logged

"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print